mr_engineer

'Nice guys aren't actually nice' is a shit-test

82 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Consept said:

Feels like you do, you make a lot of posts about nice guys being treated unfairly 

Maybe pay attention to what I say over your feelings. 

6 hours ago, mr_engineer said:

The topic of this conversation implies judgement. So, if you have a problem with that, you can let us do the talking. Thanks. 

Sorry, I thought that I could be of help, but I was wrong.

Edited by Understander

6 hours ago, mr_engineer said:

So, if you have options with women, you can't be nice? Is that what you're saying? 

Being "nice" circumstantially isn't the same as being a "nice guy."

You have to be "nice" conditionally; in other words, AS REWARD for a woman's good behavior.

The second good behavior stops, you have to stop being "nice."  Guys being "nice" when women behave badly is the death of a relationship.

She has to be reminded that she is REPLACEABLE in subtle ways.

Edited by SeaMonster

"Don't be too nice" is usually a way to counteract the tendency of many guys to be overly agreeable around women they find attractive. It's not saying be a dick, or be insensitive, arrogant or disrespectful, or necessarily adopt a macho attitude.

Be authentic, secure and grounded and do what works for you. 

This is coming from theory. ;) 

Everyone here is being nice, polite and respectful in their responses but the OP. 

There is no beginning, there is no end. There is just Simply This. 

32 minutes ago, UnbornTao said:

"Don't be too nice" is usually a way to counteract the tendency of many guys to be overly agreeable around women they find attractive. It's not saying be a dick, or be insensitive, arrogant or disrespectful, or necessarily adopt a macho attitude.

Be authentic, secure and grounded and do what works for you. 

This is coming from theory. ;) 

accurate though B|

Murderers, abusers, losers, bums, drug dealers, thieves have no issues attracting women yet the average struggling guy is struggling because women can see into his soul and feel that he is toxic and inauthentic. Give me a break, women have no special intuition for sensing the true nature of a man. They preemptively vilify the men they find unattractive and make excuses for the men they find attractive, only to play victim when it all goes wrong.

If your defining characteristic as a guy is that you’re “nice” it says almost nothing unique about you, it’s just so god damn boring.

Women typically want men who fit interesting, well-defined archetypes. Those men can be nice, but ‘nice’ just isn’t their defining characteristic.

Thats not even getting started on the fact that if you have to tell people you’re nice, it means you are probably insecure about how nice you really are deep down.

Edited by something_else

4 hours ago, Princess Arabia said:

Everyone here is being nice, polite and respectful in their responses but the OP. 

I would say the whole thread has a similar frequency tbh 

2 hours ago, Tenebroso said:

Murderers, abusers, losers, bums, drug dealers, thieves have no issues attracting women

Are these the type of women you want to attract- the ones that are attracted to this type? Everybody can attract anything. You are generalizing too much in your statements. When is there going to come a time when you realize that these are just your own personal assumptions and not the truth. Maybe even within your experiences. But if you look around at the general population, not just in your own experiences, there are plenty of people in relationships who are happy in them even if there are disagreements from time to time.

We tend to think the whole world is the same as our experience. Statements like "I tend to notice", or "by my experiences", or "from what I've witnessed" are more subjective and gives the mind room to change it's perspectives and allow for us to self-reflect to see if it's something we're doing wrong why we keep seeing this trend and not look at those statements as Absolute truths. 

Edited by Princess Arabia

5 minutes ago, Jacob Morres said:

I would say the whole thread has a similar frequency tbh 

No, it doesn't. Go back and review how the OP has responded and the tone in which he speaks. People may be disagreeing but they aren't being rude for the most part.

1 minute ago, Princess Arabia said:

No, it doesn't. Go back and review how the OP has responded and the tone in which he speaks. People may be disagreeing but they aren't being rude for the most part.

?

Just now, Jacob Morres said:

?

?️?️

4 minutes ago, Jacob Morres said:

?

3 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

?️?️

???

“We have two ears and one mouth so we can listen twice as much as we speak." -Epictetus

1 minute ago, lostingenosmaze said:

???

?️??️here's your shit test. OK mods, I'm done now.