Maratib

Is Weight loss through spirituality possible?

17 posts in this topic

Hello Fellows, I came across a unique book on weight loss, 21 Spiritual Lessons, by Marianne Williamson, the No. 1 New York Times bestselling author.
In this book, Marianne has a theme or crux: through the spiritual lesson of 'Love' and removing fears from overall life, you can forever surrender your body weight. She was a church member and is now a politician. 
I discovered it as fascinating as weight loss stuff, hardly published in a very organised way. 
What do you think about this subject? 
Are you convinced of the truth of the relationship between weight loss and fear, and replacing the fear with love can help you with magical weight loss?

See the attached book cover just for reference. 
Please share and comment. 

a-course-in-weight-loss-side.jpg

Makes sense since stress makes your body gain weight and makes you engage in emotional eating. Another good example is how stress can give you acne. So one cure for acne is not worrying about getting acne. This is how I cured my acne in highschool. 

I lost fat naturally overtime as my passion for life increased and I worked on myself. I don't think negative motivation could work in the long run ("I must lose weight"). 

Right now there's zero stress for me and I eat whatever I want, which is healthy foods most days. 

Edited by Butters

It's possible, but not directly.  Spirituality gets your mind/focus right, which then alters habits for the better, which helps you lose weight.

Yes, it works from many angles at once. We are so deeply conditioned to avoid feeling and truth and distract ourserlves with low conscious eating habits to distract and numb our senses.

The more you practice and get in touch with your essence aka love the less you have the urge to avoid your feelings by eating something sweet or greasy. You will also become more sensitive so that you will feel the negative effects it has on your body and especially the low state of conscious it entails. 

You will also start to notice all the sneaky ways advertisements try to get you to buy unhealthy and unecessary stuff and you will less have the tendecy to follow it. 

Also pure consciousness will give you a different good feeling which will grow with time so there will be lesd of a need for other pleasures and btw the greatest pleasure is god. From personal experience I can tell that it works for the afore mentioned reasons.

It's nice that it's written down but a whole book seems a bit overshot.

There is a material component to weight loss (I.e. creating calorie shortage) and psychological (getting on track with loving your body and having the strength to do it all) 

Seems like your book can help with the latter

Yes if you are very spiritual you will take tremendous amount of action in the direction of truth. 

On 27.8.2023 at 2:40 PM, Maratib said:

through the spiritual lesson of 'Love' and removing fears from overall life, you can forever surrender your body weight.

Of course from a position of selfloathing and self hate you certainly will keep bad habits, and you wont make an afford to be healthy or even recognize your mistakes. 

The mind can certainly also affect your body greatly but dont expect wonders and take it as an excuse to stay passive.  

Magical weigth loss certainly not, only truthful information will let you achieve this.  Of course your energy bodys can affect your system and metaphysical aspects are possibly also at play but without a strong foundation it wont help, everything must align. @Maratib

Edited by effortlesslumen

Just discipline yourself to stop eating junk.

That's love.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Getting good enough at magick to be able to will yourself to lose weight with zero effort is harder than just losing the weight normally.

You lose weight by eating less calories than you utilise. It's as simple as that.

@Maratib People eat shit out of stress, because you can literally feel a relief when you put junk food in your mouth. It's almost as people stress out and let their minds feel safer when they consume calories to think they will not starve. It's a wicked mechanic when you start to notice it. When you no longer get stressed out at work, or you relieve some of it through meditation or other practices you no longer crave food at the evening, thus dropping weight. Also when you start doing consciousness work you notice that eating bad food is influencing your through process. You can literally THINK different things when you eat different foods. That's why a clean diet in our work is SUPER IMPORTANT.

Mahadev

Not really physically because it doesn't help that when you lose your ego since it doesn't weigh anything. Although your spirit may feel lighter without it...

On 9/10/2023 at 6:19 PM, SOUL said:

Not really physically because it doesn't help that when you lose your ego since it doesn't weigh anything. Although your spirit may feel lighter without it...

Okay, now you’re pushing it buddy.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

On 9/16/2023 at 8:26 PM, Yimpa said:

Okay, now you’re pushing it buddy.

Why did you create an imaginary 'buddy' pushing an imaginary 'it'…?

Yes. Paramahansa Yogananda speaks on how he wanted to be more plump than skinny and so he would affirm to himself of how he wanted his body. It has an affect.

If I were you though, I would pair with the basic actions that lead to weight loss like eating healthy and over-time, begin eating less.

On 9/20/2023 at 1:25 AM, Brandon Nankivell said:

Paramahansa Yogananda speaks on how he wanted to be more plump than skinny

Lol

Dude was just fat.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.