Hardkill

Will it be too late to save everyone on Earth from climate change?

81 posts in this topic

Will several millions of people on Earth inevitably die from this climate change crisis?

Progressives are very upset with establishment Dems for not seriously tackling this issue many years ago.

Edited by Hardkill

No. I am almost positive that any damage done to the Earth can be reversed. It will take a collective effort and we will need to develop more sustainable energy sources and methods of living, but eventually it will be done.

19 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

Will several millions of people on Earth inevitably die from this climate change crisis?

This is definitely a possibility, but this destruction could lead to people realizing the error of our ways and then paves the way for a creation of a new system

This climate stuff is way overblown.

Consider than in the 20th century it was typical for a country to lose 10 million people to a war. And the population was less than half of what it is today. So even losing 10 million to climate change will be negligible to the human race. Russia and China both lost 20+ million in WW2 and various kinds of famines.

For climate change to be significant it would have to kill 500+ million people. A couple million people dead is not a crisis, it is a blip on the radar screen. A million people were killed in Ethiopia in the last 4 years. You didn't even notice.

Progressives have lost all sense of proportion.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura why do people get all riled up when 20 million people die, but they're completely negligent when it comes to the death of billions of animals each year ? 

@Majed Animals are there so we can eat them.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

12 minutes ago, Majed said:

@Leo Gura why do people get all riled up when 20 million people die, but they're completely negligent when it comes to the death of billions of animals each year ? 

For the same reason you don't get riled up when you step on an ant.

1 minute ago, Majed said:

@Leo Gura actually i do 

Even so, you step on them anyway.

Edited by Leo Gura

@Leo Gura i do my best not to. but even so i apply the same standard to humans and don't get riled up when humans die. 

plus when you say that andrew tate is a sociopath, i find that quite hypocritical because all humans are sociopathic towards animals. 

not taking the defense of andrew tate just acknowledging a fact. 

my point is if you don't get riled up when animals die, you shouldn't get riled up when humans die. cuz otherwise what the fuck is this double standard. 

Edited by Majed

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

A couple million people dead is not a crisis, it is a blip on the radar screen. A million people were killed in Ethiopia in the last 4 years. You didn't even notice.

As long as those people are not dying in the West its a blip on the radar

51 minutes ago, Majed said:

@Leo Gura i do my best not to. but even so i apply the same standard to humans and don't get riled up when humans die. 

plus when you say that andrew tate is a sociopath, i find that quite hypocritical because all humans are sociopathic towards animals. 

not taking the defense of andrew tate just acknowledging a fact. 

my point is if you don't get riled up when animals die, you shouldn't get riled up when humans die. cuz otherwise what the fuck is this double standard. 

Do you even know what it means to be sociopathic. I don't think you do, because you wouldn't have said what you said about humans being sociopathic towards animals. If anything, humans tend to be more sociopathic towards other humans and more empathetic towards animals. 

Edited by Princess Arabia

There is no beginning, there is no end. There is just Simply This. 

Ecological destruction in general is much more of a big deal than higher temperatures. The worlds ecosystems have been 97% replaced by human settlement and agriculture. Nothing like a small fraction of people we might lose to higher temperatures.

Ecological destruction is not so hard to reverse in the future with all the resources mankind will have.

Edited by Leo Gura

2 hours ago, Princess Arabia said:

Do you even know what it means to be sociopathic. I don't think you do, because you wouldn't have said what you said about humans being sociopathic towards animals. If anything, humans tend to be more sociopathic towards other humans and more empathetic towards animals. 

Every country in the world mass rapes, tortures and murders animals in a way that is worse than the holocaust. If this was happening to human beings, people would riot. Most people have so little concern for non-human individuals that if they had that little concern for human beings, the only plausible explanation would be racism or sociopathy.

33 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Ecological destruction is not so hard to reverse in the future with all the resources mankind will have.

You cannot actually reverse most ecological destruction because it leads to permanent loss of biodiversity.

Glory to Israel

19 minutes ago, Scholar said:

You cannot actually reverse most ecological destruction because it leads to permanent loss of biodiversity.

I don’t hear anybody complaining that dinosaurs and neanderthals are extinct.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Consider than in the 20th century it was typical for a country to lose 10 million people to a war. And the population was less than half of what it is today. So even losing 10 million to climate change will be negligible to the human race. Russia and China both lost 20+ million in WW2 and various kinds of famines.

For climate change to be significant it would have to kill 500+ million people. A couple million people dead is not a crisis, it is a blip on the radar screen. A million people were killed in Ethiopia in the last 4 years. You didn't even notice.

You don't think that something with the scale of destruction of WWII should be taken very seriously? You didn't say it shouldn't but I'm just going off your tone.

I agree that it's not going to destroy humanity as a whole though.

Edited by thenondualtankie

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

In the grand scheme of things that is a valid, but even the loss of approx. 10 million people around the world would still be such a historic tragedy that could've been prevented had we acted soon enough.

6 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

I don’t hear anybody complaining that dinosaurs and neanderthals are extinct.

Firstly, I have no idea why it matters what "anybody" complains about. Secondly, do I really need to explain to you why mass extinctions are not something that should just be ignored?

Glory to Israel

@Hardkill

12 hours ago, Hardkill said:

Progressives are very upset with establishment Dems for not seriously tackling this issue many years ago.

The world and the earth doesn't need saving from humans. Stop, it's insulting to the planet.

2 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

In the grand scheme of things that is a valid, but even the loss of approx. 10 million people around the world would still be such a historic tragedy that could've been prevented had we acted soon enough.

Somebody like Leo will not give a shit until things start affecting him, which is unlikely to happen with his wealth.

Glory to Israel