Oliver Wright

How to sleep 2-4 hours per day

139 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, Hello from Russia said:

@Leo Gura Do you think maybe meditation/yoga too can work exceptionally well on some people? (Or maybe the trick is to do it right)

When I do meditation very rigurously and kind of add my twist to it on how to do it, I get very good results from it in terms of state

It doesn't come as easy as taking some psychedelic dose and requires for you to have concentration vs the psychedelics kinda transform your baseline without much effort on your part

Although if you try to concentrate while on psychedelics it gives even deeper effect of course

There are meditations that help you to get into deep sleep which is achieved in delta brain waves. Quality sleep is so important.

?open your mind ? por favor. . .?

Kriya yoga is very esoteric. You can do wild stuff with your energies that seem totally bizzare and inhuman. Like the video I linked of monks generating heat inside and not getting cold in -20°C naked and wet. And it has nothing to do with genetics... gosh....

Edited by Salvijus

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

@Salvijus It certainly has a lot to do with genetics. All those monks and yogis go through an insane screening and self-selection process.

It's like you went to MIT, picked the top 5 mathematicians, showed them solving insane math equations in their heads, and said: see, this has nothing to do with genetics, you can do this too.

That's how misleading such examples are.

All the world's top mathemeticians have been genetically gifted. And in addition to that they trained like hell. But training alone will never get you to worldclass levels of performance in any field. To claim otherwise is harmful and very misleading.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

If I do 3h+ of concentration and have a bunch of cessations (what I think are cessations anyway) my sleep need reduces dramatically. It goes back to normal when I practice only one hour a day.

But during these periods of intense practices I feel like the guy from limitless 24/7 and sleep only for 2 - 4 hours a night.

No stimulants (except green tea) either.

If I meditate for 90+ minutes before sleep there is a huge chance I wont be tired enough to sleep.

And it was like that every since I tried longer sessions. I did not know that other people had similiar experiences. If someone wants to comment something dumb like its autosuggestion from watching dharma videos - go fornicate yourself with an iron stick.

Edited by Michal__

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@Salvijus It certainly has a lot to do with genetics. All those monks and yogis go through an insane screening and self-selection process.

It's like you went to MIT, picked the top 5 mathematicians, showed them solving insane math equations in their heads, and said: see, this has nothing to do with genetics, you can do this too.

That's how misleading such examples are.

Mmmm. Well i would agree that people have different potential in spirituality but not bc of genetics. Of something else.

Having sayed that. I believe an avarage brain can solve advanced math problems if he/she wanted to deeply enough and spent enough time to understand math and especially if there's a good teacher around to explain things. Definitely almost everyone has what it takes to achieve that except some few handicap people.

Same with yogic attainments also. I hold a similar attitude. And we are not talking about some super advanced stuff. Being naked in the snow and reducing sleep quota is avarage stuff in yoga. Normal human genes is all it takes to do it.

Edited by Salvijus

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

I do have a bias here in that meditation has never been effective for me, even with intense effort

Why do you believe that is? Because I feel the same 

There have been times due to some rare fluke that I wake up rested after 6 hours of sleep.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Just now, Buck Edwards said:

So how many hours do you sleep? 

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

1 hour ago, Buck Edwards said:

I do lucid meditation.

What is lucid meditation? First time I’m hearing about it

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

@Buck Edwards nice, I’ll do that guided meditation before going to sleep tonight and see what happens 

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

Sleep deprivation will take years off your life from the stress on your body. Not wise.

hrhrhtewgfegege

I thought it was like an im so in spirit you never have to sleep kinda thing.  it just needs a quick recharge. You never use your brain so your body barely expends energy. like a computer in sleep mode its just a sporadic on off when a function happens. instead of the amount of energy it uses while using it all the time with constant worrying and fighting with yourself.

Edited by Hojo