Oliver Wright

How to sleep 2-4 hours per day

139 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Migue Lonas said:

I noticed the shift in your tone and approach and wanted to take a moment to express appreciation and gratitude.

Even tho I understand that the harsher approach has its uses and times, I believe this more softer (not too soft to compromise), loving and understanding approach shows the health of the forum and perhaps, your psyche.

That being said, obviously never ”compromise” on the truth and rawness of what is! But that goes without saying.

Thank you for being a huge role model and a tremendous source of inspiration.

Much love.

Thanks. I am working on being more gentle and humane with you guys.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

53 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

In the end if something works for you, I encourage you to keep doing it.

And in the future I will continue testing out new methods on myself. I can't know what I'll find.

I will try to be more accomodating to you guys in the future. I don't want to limit your growth with my own limits. The biggest issue is that not everyone is like me. And sometimes I forget that. This is a very sneaky trap in this work. We judge the effectiveness of things based on our personal experiences.

I bet your mind radically opened after you tried weed right? Who would have thought 

🗣️🗯️  personal dev Log Lyfe Journal 🗿🎭 ~ Raw , Emotional, Unfiltered

25 minutes ago, mmKay said:

I bet your mind radically opened after you tried weed right? Who would have thought 

Nope, not even close.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Thanks. I am working on being more gentle and humane with you guys.

Just bumped into your apology blogpost.

Powerful, beautiful! These are the moments we live for in personal development!

Even tho, while experiencing them in the moment, they feel like hell, but later in retrospect, they are the most valuable moments, as far as the human domain goes.

Strongly suggest everyone to read Leo’s latest blogpost, and reflect deeply on what you can learn.

These deep openings are very rare.

https://www.actualized.org/insights/my-apology-01

Connect with me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/miguetran

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Yes.

The million dollar question is what result will it produce?

For me, what turned me off from Sadhguru's yoga is when I found out he teaches a weak-sauce version of yoga to newbies and then plans to upsell you on the serious yoga years later. I could not stomach that.

But I don't want to discourage you. Follow thru on your plan if you feel it is right. I hope you see great results.

Is not sadhguru´s fault that most people are guru-worshippers. I´ve gone to some isha meditators meet-ups in my city and most of them were so fanatical about the guys work, yet I got the sense from talking to them they haven't gone much deep with their techniques.

See, that's the issue. Personally after doing the technique he teaches on the inner engineering course, I do not intend to learn more techniques unless I totally master the first one. In fact this technique has Hatha Yoga, Pranayama and Energy 'tricks', why one would go on learning 5 techniques more unless they completely master this one? Doesn't make sense to me. 

In one presencial workshop I went, I met some people there that have learned 4-5 different Isha techniques, but again, I got the sense that they haven't gotten true awakenings. They just love to outsource their life to sadhguru. ? That's not how it works. How is this sadhguru´s fault? Is the guru worshipping endeavour that people love to become attached to (to avoid responsibility) that makes it problematic. 

The energy activation you can produce from Shamavhi is so intense that you can become conscious in your own living room you are Sadhguru and you taught the technique to yourself.

With that level of clarity, the fanatism thinking of 'another' being 'spiritually superior' to you can no longer be there. But most people are not getting there, they worship it like a superior figure, that tells you all: they haven't gotten much deep.

23 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

How is this sadhguru´s fault?

He runs a very mainstream-oriented organization, so that's baked into the cake.

But that's why I try to stay away from that kind of thing.

I think Sadhguru could make it less guru-worshipy if he actually explained the principles behind why the techniques work and how to develop your own yoga techniques. But he's gonna say that's too dangerous and unsuitable for newbies. Sadhguru does not even explain what spiritual result the yoga will produce for you. Just vague promises of better health and happiness. He never says something like: do X, Y, Z and you will realize you are God. Who knows how much and what kind of his yoga you will need to do to realize what God is? Maybe never.

The whole yoga concept demands that you blindly follow some guru. That's their whole scheme. Which just doesn't align with my epistemic values. But that's my values.

Edited by Leo Gura

I had the same problem with Sadghuru's yoga. I downloaded his isha Yoga app and I tried a third day ''isha kriya'' challenge, and experienced no benefits whatsoever. 

أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وأشهد أن ليو رسول الله

7 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

7 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

. He never says something like: do X, Y, Z and you will realize you are God. Who knows how much and what kind of his yoga you will need to do to realize what God is? Maybe never.

The whole yoga concept demands that you blindly follow some guru. That's their whole scheme. Which just doesn't align with my epistemic values. But that's my values.

Because Yoga and similar tools are very subtle. It would be impossible to explain why they work because is a school of tools consciousness very complex. Psychedelics are more direct and instant, you just take them and whatever your state of consciousness or sensitivity is, they will amp it by x1000. With Yoga is more complex. At first it seems you are just doing twists and turns with your body and breathing in a funny way, but then it starts to unfold that it is a very sophisticated tool.

Understanding what a simple Pranayama technique is doing takes hundreds of hours. But trust me it is worth it, because once you learn it you have a 'key' for life to activate certain things, outside of the practice. For example I have stopped doing the technique he taughts in the course, for more than a month, but I activate certain stuff in my level consciousness almost wherever I like, with some things I've learn of my body/concentration. This kind of knowledge is impossible to taught, (because is not logical, is at the level of the body and energy pathways of consciousness), and obviously it can't be seen/imagined when you start doing the practice. I guess in this sense, yes, it requires Faith, because you have to have faith that the guy is just not bullshitting you and selling you the heavens for nothing.

@Husseinisdoingfine

In a sense I get what you guys are saying. You have to be in a certain place in life where those kind of practices resonate with you. If not they are just another meditation thing.

After soe dwelling on this topic, from what I can tell the way I can reduce sleep quota is to correctly manage energies. I don't know if this is a matter of genetics, but I can imagine that if I was able to reduce the amount of thought I am using I would reduce my sleep quote dramatically, it could be a matter of just learning not to waste energy in places that are not necessary. This would require a deeper understanding of how the mind works and more mastery of mind / energy. 

Edited by Oliver Wright

8 minutes ago, Oliver Wright said:

After soe dwelling on this topic, from what I can tell the way I can reduce sleep quota is to correctly manage energies. I don't know if this is a matter of genetics, but I can imagine that if I was able to reduce the amount of thought I am using I would reduce my sleep quote dramatically, it could be a matter of just learning not to waste energy in places that are not necessary. This would require a deeper understanding of how the mind works and more mastery of mind / energy. 

Sleep deprivation is something you need to consider. That's not an easy thing. I've battled it for a long time. Yes these yogic techniques will reduce your sleep quaota a bit but these effects can be permanent. I went through all that. You might want to reconsider. Thanks, that's all I have to say. 

@Buck Edwards but does this not only make sense if one does not want to live more life? If I am enjoying life fully then why would I want to sleep more, unless for some reason I want to experience more of sleeping / dream states. 

Thank you for your perspective.

I was lucidly meditating again. I wasn't feeling bad or anything. But I saw shadowy figures. Then one dude was being instructed that he should be an alien race. I on the other hand was desperate for an enterprise. Things were happening that were beyond my control but at the same time, they carried some elements of my subconscious. My desire was to manage things like an account keeper. I wanted a simple life. Stuff like that that eluded me in real life manufactured themselves into the lucid realm. My soul was floating, an uncanny moment. I could feel it. It wasn't organic. It wasn't REM sleep. That's fr sure. Everything was directed by the mind. The body was a rock. The mind was water. If was as though the water could change the contour of the rock. Splashing and crashing on it like waves. Humongous waves. Terrible sensation. I did not feel distress. Just the weirdness of the experience. I simply kept observing. It was all subconscious. I was dancing between reality and ether world. I was thinking to myself why was I given the gift of life at all. I don't like new York. No no no. I don't like new York please. I'm scared of that place. That place means money. And I don't want that dry materialism. I am suffocating and dying if I'm in new York.. Then suddenly I'm taken to a new place. Mountains. Mountains. Valleys. Salt of the earth people. People who love me. People who understand me. In those eyes I see the glint I had been looking for, my soul searching ends, I breathe eternal peace. 

2 hours ago, Benton said:

So many spiritual teachers talk about being able to sense energy and frequency. Are all of them crazy or lying? 

I have never denied paranormal abilities. Quite the opposite. Paranormal abilities are mostly a function of genetics.

My only point is that those things are not God-Realization and not the highest consciousness.

I have never claimed that Sadhguru, Teal Swan, or Matt Kahn are crazy or lying. I regard all of them as honest and genuine. But they do not have the highest consciousness of God and their methods will not allow you to access that consciousness.

Do all the shaktipat you want, you will never access Alien Consciousness or Alien Love. You cannot even comprehend what that is. No amount of yoga nor meditation nor New Age voodoo will get you there.

And none of this is to say you should stop doing those practices if they benefit you.

Edited by Leo Gura

@Leo Gura Hey Leo ?? you know when you talk about alien consciousness, what does that mean? I genuinely feel like I’m quite advanced with your teachings, I’ve certainly had some major awakenings. With your teachings being the main instrument, I can’t thank you enough. Therefore it’s clear if I’m feeling that I’m all good with your teachings, verified the majority of them personally, and even more than what you’ve taught, because that’s what happens, you verify more than what your teaching show us, because teachings can only go so far. But I credit your teachings for my understandings because it’s your teachings that enabled me to be open enough to go as far as I’ve come. But what is alien awakening? Is it something that is so foreign that you call it alien? Is it alien as in, we’re of human mind set and what you’re talking about is of say another physical species but of a higher consciousness? Or is it of a totally other dimension? Or something else? I just quite don’t know how I go above and beyond the generalised full god realisation that I’ve had. Where I completely understand how I’ve created everything, my life, other people, things, just everything. Where can you possibly go from there? You know what I’m talking about because you’ve been where I am at, and you know you thought that was total at the time. Can you give any sort of explanation what alien consciousness is, even just to a degree that is who are where you were at maybe 2/3 years ago can even remotely understand. Cheers ?

Edited by Dazgwny

@Dazgwny I will explain more in my new course. It's hard to explain on a forum in piece-meal fashion.