J J

Aliens: confirmed

387 posts in this topic

@Mysterious Stranger

3 minutes ago, Mysterious Stranger said:

If it came from a different solar system, why does it have the same structure as we humans, hairless BIPEDAL. 
Why not something super crazy. 

My intuitive speculation, is that they probably transferred from whatever native form they have, into a body suitable for space travel. Kind of like a transformation or transfer from one body into another, similar to how humans change from one costume into another.

14 minutes ago, Mysterious Stranger said:

If it came from a different solar system, why does it have the same structure as we humans, hairless BIPEDAL. 

It could be because that configuration is universally effective. 

Bipedal motion could be one of the most effective and efficient general purpose configurations for a being. Think about it, your bipedal setup allows you to move quickly, fight, and use tools effectively and also at the same time.

Edited by something_else

1 hour ago, Danioover9000 said:

@Enlightement

I'm laughing because you're claiming that 'generally aliens are seen in Mexico' makes you sound like a racist xenophobe, implying the immigration from Mexico to the USA, and implying that Aliens are immigrants.

You're extremely biased. I never meant it that way but you chose to look at it like that.

Ive got proof to show ya. Real proof. Watch that. It shows evidence of aliens in mexico. 

1 hour ago, something_else said:

Bipedal motion could be one of the most effective and efficient general purpose configurations for a being. Think about it, your bipedal setup allows you to move quickly, fight, and use tools effectively and also at the same time.

Well our blue planet saw five great extinctions, and here we are with our two legs. If this is efficent enough for you okay. But I don't think this the case of being. You are thinking in terms of macro biology and self interest. Think about bacteria, virus, algea and other microbiome. We often ignore small guys. Our being always depends on other beings. 

@Sucuk Ekmek

26 minutes ago, Sucuk Ekmek said:

Well our blue planet saw five great extinctions, and here we are with our two legs. If this is efficent enough for you okay. But I don't think this the case of being. You are thinking in terms of macro biology and self interest. Think about bacteria, virus, algea and other microbiome. We often ignore small guys. Our being always depends on other beings. 

It's actually amazing and a miracle to think that life survived 5 mass extinction events. If this life on earth can survive those, then alien life is a possibility out there in the universe or other dimensions. Science really underestimates life.

46 minutes ago, Sucuk Ekmek said:

Well this is about what style of life forms would be capable of building space ships and traveling to another planet

So tool use, which our bodies are optimised for, is going to be a critical trait in a species that reaches that stage

A dolphin or an amoeba can’t really build a space ship no matter how intelligent it is

3 hours ago, Mysterious Stranger said:

Well, when you said "why not like a dog?", that implies that it most probably came from a similar solar system to ours, as an organism is a reflection of its environment. So if it's "like a dog", it's probably as intelligent as a dog. The fact that we're the only bipedal species and also the only metacognitive species on Earth is not an accident. But sure, if we're talking about a very different solar system, then you could probably have a very different type of organism which is also very intelligent, but again, it's probably not like a dog.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Consciousness is extra terrestrial, we are the aliens! 

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

1 hour ago, Danioover9000 said:

@Sucuk Ekmek

It's actually amazing and a miracle to think that life survived 5 mass extinction events. If this life on earth can survive those, then alien life is a possibility out there in the universe or other dimensions. Science really underestimates life.

It's not only miracle, planet always came back with more biodiversity. 

I am not sure if there is a defence mechanism in our planet, what I see in the microbiome life just exchanges the information and that's it.

Perhaps alien life is only alien to us because we don't know what to do with new information. 

Eyewitnesses around the world in many different credible cases (like Roswell) have described aliens as being humanoid.

Them being bipedal and humanoid makes sense because it's a very efficient design for an intelligent creature. 4 legged creatures do not have the hand dexterity necessary to build advanced technology. So I would expect the most intelligent life to be bipedal. And have more than 4 limbs seems needlessly inefficient. Why have 6 or 8 limbs when 4 gets the job done and uses less energy?

There have been many examples of convergent evolution of bipedal creatures on Earth: dinosuars, birds, apes, kangaroos.

Basically any 4-legged creature has a chance of evolving into a bipedal one, given enough time.

Convergent evolution seems like a powerful force. There are probably only so many efficient pathways to get hyper intelligent creatures. Most of which would require freeing up two hands for fine manipluation of the environment.

If there are Earth-like planets out there then chances are good that evolution will operate there under similiar pressures and pathways as on Earth.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

17 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Eyewitnesses around the world in many different credible cases (like Roswell) have described aliens as being humanoid.

Them being bipedal and humanoid makes sense because it's a very efficient design for an intelligent creature. 4 legged creatures do not have the hand dexterity necessary to build advanced technology. So I would expect the most intelligent life to be bipedal.

There have been many examples of convergent evolution of bipedal creatures on Earth: dinosuars, birds, apes, kangaroos.

Basically any 4-legged creature has a chance of evolving into a bipedal one, given enough time.

Convergent evolution seems like a powerful force. There are probably only so many efficient pathways to get hyper intelligent creatures. Most of which would require freeing up two hands to fine manipluation of the environment.

If there are Earth-like planets out there then chances are good that evolution will operate there under similiar pressures as on Earth.

aye-ayy-lmao.gif

1 hour ago, something_else said:

Well this is about what style of life forms would be capable of building space ships and traveling to another planet

So tool use, which our bodies are optimised for, is going to be a critical trait in a species that reaches that stage

A dolphin or an amoeba can’t really build a space ship no matter how intelligent it is

There is no law for tool use. This is human perspective.

But if you are person who trusts his senses then yeah aliens should come with ships and all the other hustle.

The bottom line is that you can't use logic to resolve this issue. Either you believe the 1000s of eyewitness reports or you do not. If you do not then none of this will ever make sense to you and it will seem ridiculous.

In general I find that scientifically minded people do not take eyewitness reports seriously enough, always dismissing them somehow in their mind for the sake of "being rational".

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

26 minutes ago, Sucuk Ekmek said:

There is no law for tool use. This is human perspective.

But if you are person who trusts his senses then yeah aliens should come with ships and all the other hustle.

How are aliens going to get all the way to earth if they can’t use tools?

This is a lost Interview of Einsteins secretary. Albert Einstein allegedly visited the roswell ufo place, would make sense if it really happened. 

Why should she lie, she is a nobody and old. She had her career. Also she is into chemistry/physics.such people are normally highly rational and not into jokes like faking a whole Interview. This Interview was lost, never published. No one made money out of this. She sounds so genuine, I could not spot a suspicious thing in her description. 

Edited by OBEler

I wouldn't be so quick to label them aliens (or extraterrestrial) . There's a reason David Grush uses "nonhuman intelligence" as oppose to aliens. 

If you study the phenomena long enough you'll see that extraterrestrial theory doesn't quite add up. So many of these cases have no rationale behind them. I think Jacques Valle, whose been studying the phenomena for decades may be on to something. He posits that the phenomena may be behind a lot of the religions and folklore throughout human history and that it may ultimately be apart of some control system that aims to guide humans along some unknown path. 

Edited by abundance

Excellent podcast on an airline pilot's sightings. Particularly the final 5 minute story at 1:15:00. Kinda mindblowing tbh.

Edited by Space

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

11 hours ago, something_else said:

How are aliens going to get all the way to earth if they can’t use tools?

Tools are catagorical definitions, and there are verbs attracted to it. This is our relationship with language. We can't make sense of our surrondings without getting tricked. Then again if you trust your senses you can claim I am not getting tricked. 

I am just saying what is far and near, finds a meaning in our experience therefore we look for empirical data, how did you get here?

@Leo Gura Another interesting argument against aliens is that, if they were able to travel so far through the galaxy to the Earth, how could they then just crash into a tree? It seems highly unlikely. They should’ve had the technology to avoid that, or at least to teleport the ship back before the firemen got there. 

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie