Tudo

Why Leo dosen't like Steve Jobs and Apple?

15 posts in this topic

I remember one of his posts where he says that.

Would have to guess but based on a lot of opinions I’ve heard, it’s down to two things.

1: make something and make it available to everyone creating a point of no return where no one can do or live in modern society without it ( potential for abuse). Steve jobs himself while very driven and successful wasn’t an honest person. He had plenty of things to hide and people he dismissed even though those things didn’t really matter. 

2: apple is a plug and play product. It’s technically idiot proof as a closed system so it’s grand as a day to day gadget or tool for the creative production industry ( music video graphics) but it can’t be tinkered with like pc’s. There is a limited amount of alteration you can do but it is ‘limited’. A pc system can be coded, moduled and added to which is preferred by gamers, developers, electronics coders etc and allot more programs are compatible with the system.

I use both but I prefer my apples. I’ve had them from the first Mac classic in the 80’s predominantly for music production because those are the machines with industry standard programs I find when walking into various studios.

I can and have synced up my pc system to run with them but I find more often than not the pc system to be unstable and crashes alot. My macs generally don’t and my most recent Mac, which I’ve pushed quite hard on processing, hasn’t crashed since I bought it.

43 minutes ago, Adrian colby said:

2: apple is a plug and play product. It’s technically idiot proof as a closed system so it’s grand as a day to day gadget or tool for the creative production industry ( music video graphics) but it can’t be tinkered with like pc’s. There is a limited amount of alteration you can do but it is ‘limited’. A pc system can be coded, moduled and added to which is preferred by gamers, developers, electronics coders etc and allot more programs are compatible with the system.

Yeah, I think this probably is the main reason. While Steve Jobs was kind of prick, I think Leo doesn't care about this that much.

I think that he and Apple are overrated.

He didn't invent the computer, and the smartphone would be invented by someone else anyway if there was no Steve Jobs in the world.

Also, he had an awful personality, according to his family and people who worked with him.

Let Love In

Because Apple is anti-freedom.

They don't even allow you to drag and drop a file onto your phone via USB. Those pricks.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Just because you are not allowed to walk naked butt naked in the city doesn't mean you have no freedom.

Edited by Husseinisdoingfine

أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وأشهد أن ليو رسول الله

What about the freedom to buy overly expensive hardware?

Seriously now, the M1 is great hardware-wise. Not sure about software.

Edited by UnbornTao

This whole Windows vs Mac vs ... fight is stupid

Edited by Understander

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

They don't even allow you to drag and drop a file onto your phone via USB. Those pricks.

Your libertarianism is getting cringe.

"Oh let AI do anything it wants, FREEDOM!"

Glory to Israel

MacBooks are def better for most people, the average person doesn't need or want the ability to jailbreak their system. 

However I bought a M1 Pro MacBook Pro for €2500 and I kinda regret it. I like Windows for its versatility.

The biggest problem I have with Apple is their abusive pricing strategies, I'm going back to Windows once my Mac stops working.

Apple is the perfect example of being "successful" doesn't equal value in the world.

We're talking about the #1 company that sells shit products at an exaggerated price and caters to the lowest common denominator. Also scams on every repair and takes every possible measure to be anti-consumer and STILL is number #1. 

Funny enough that I heard a rumor about having "special" Apple-branded usb-c cables for iPhone 15. Imagine how brainwashes you'd have to be to say "Oh wow what a great idea apple" and buy the iPhone 15 despite the outright cutthroat business strategy the company applies.

It is enraging how that company can sell a limitation as a feature and people still line up to buy those awful products.

But do you know how all this fuckery is possible? Branding. 

As long as people buy the Logo and not the product for the service it provides, we will have such brands thrive.

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Yes, you can. Stop talking nonsense.  Unless this is some tongue-in-cheek joke.

11 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

2 hours ago, Alex M said:

Yes, you can. Stop talking nonsense.  Unless this is some tongue-in-cheek joke.

That feature was only added 4 years ago, for iOS and iPadOS 13

https://gizmodo.com/the-complete-guide-to-using-external-storage-on-ios-and-1838973117

So that’s about 8 years after the iPad originally came out

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

I mean, it's called a walled garden for a reason, regardless of how excellent that garden is. I own a M1 Air btw.