Schizophonia

Can God dream of an immortal being?

20 posts in this topic

If God is infinite imagination then it must be possible.
But if that's the case, then God would be stuck in that dream indefinitely, which doesn't make too much sense.

What did I miss ?

Edited by Schizophonia

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

The dream would have to end in some way. So in truth god can't imagine true body immortality. Perhaps the character will realize he's in a dream and choose to desintegrate the dream or god gives the character an Achilles heel. Or perhaps the dream ends suddenly like a nightly dream and god awakens.

Edited by Holykael

The only thing I've heard is from sadhguru and he said there was a man that was so angry at losing a war he snuck and sliced the throats of 200 children in one night and God cursed him with immortality and hes still around

If something starts at a given moment, it already has an implicit end in its own existence. Really, if something starts it's because it doesn't really exist, it's just an idea, a dream. It seems like it lasts a while but it's an instant. 1 followed by a million zeros of years is the same as a fraction of a second, it is an idea of the infinity, an instant in which the time of the development of a universe is created. 

the infinite submerges itself in that fictitious time that seems real, but there is no time. existence is always now. Trapped in the eternal now. It looks like a jail, pure horror. The first time I had this realization it was maximum horror. later I realized that although this is so, the depth of now is infinite. freedom is total. hallelujah is the definition

Edited by Breakingthewall

1 hour ago, Holykael said:

The dream would have to end in some way. So in truth god can't imagine true body immortality. Perhaps the character will realize he's in a dream and choose to desintegrate the dream or god gives the character an Achilles heel. Or perhaps the dream ends suddenly like a nightly dream and god awakens.

Brother is finally dropping some wisdom

which is not that dark ??

I’d like to explore this topic further. If “God” is truly infinite/unbounded then that means no limitations. Therefore “dreaming up” an immortal being should be 100% possible, otherwise you are placing limits. Now maybe what we think of as immortality is not accurate- maybe this being would be able to morph into something else/dissolve its form when needed then reappear. So many possibilities.

Edited by Bruins8000

it can, until it gets tired and it doesn't and is mortal again ?

20 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

the infinite submerges itself in that fictitious time that seems real, but there is no time. existence is always now. Trapped in the eternal now. It looks like a jail, pure horror. The first time I had this realization it was maximum horror. later I realized that although this is so, the depth of now is infinite. freedom is total.

This. There is only Now. Now is God dreaming. Whatever Now is, is the totality of God's dream. Including the backstory of a 'past'. If the story of now was that the character being experienced was 'immortal', it would still only be Now. Now can be anything. If Now was another story, then the story of 'being immortal' never existed, because it is what is and not that.

On 23/07/2023 at 9:55 PM, Holykael said:

How ? Your avatar/ego currently knows that this is all a dream and yet you have no option to leave it unless you commit suicide, which is not possible in this scenario.

6 hours ago, Javfly33 said:

it can, until it gets tired and it doesn't and is mortal again ?

Ditto

7 hours ago, Bruins8000 said:

I’d like to explore this topic further. If “God” is truly infinite/unbounded then that means no limitations. Therefore “dreaming up” an immortal being should be 100% possible, otherwise you are placing limits. Now maybe what we think of as immortality is not accurate- maybe this being would be able to morph into something else/dissolve its form when needed then reappear. So many possibilities.

Immortality in every sense of the word, god dreams of a world whose destruction of the avatar that god believes to be (ego) can never be destroyed.

On 23/07/2023 at 10:50 PM, Breakingthewall said:

If something starts at a given moment, it already has an implicit end in its own existence. Really, if something starts it's because it doesn't really exist, it's just an idea, a dream. It seems like it lasts a while but it's an instant. 1 followed by a million zeros of years is the same as a fraction of a second, it is an idea of the infinity, an instant in which the time of the development of a universe is created. 

the infinite submerges itself in that fictitious time that seems real, but there is no time. existence is always now. Trapped in the eternal now. It looks like a jail, pure horror. The first time I had this realization it was maximum horror. later I realized that although this is so, the depth of now is infinite. freedom is total. hallelujah is the definition

Do you think it's possible that God wakes up for some reason before "schizophonia" "dies" ? 

I love that question. My thoughts on it:

Well everything that manifests itself, manifests itself from opposites. Warm as the opposite of cold, strength as the opposite of weakness and life as the opposite of death. 

What you are basically asking is, "can there be black without white?" 

I think that question comes because language only captures framents of reality and not the whole. You can speak of parts of reality which make them see like independents fragments but actually they can't be splitted at all. Because black exists only in contrast of black and therefore implements it. 

So when you make that sentence more holistic you could say "can there be that (black) that arises from its opposite without its opposite?" Now that sentence seems foolish. 

The absolute nature of god is of course immortality. So a god awakened person knows about his immortality. But no ego can become immortal. 

Although deception is absolute truth. So an ego could deceive itself to be immortal and be absolutely right about that in a relative sense but not in an objective sense. 

What can’t God dream of?

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

44 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

What can’t God dream of?

Permanently destroying itself?

There is no beginning, there is no end. There is just Simply This. 

well what would the limitation be that makes sure that god is permanently destroyed and if there is a limitation then it means that god isnt all powerful so the question doesnt make sense in human sense nor could it be possible for an almighty god to do that 

something has to be restraining god from existing and this very restraint is god itself so that would be god telling itself not to exist permanently but just the thought of that creates a strangeloop because he has to exist to make himself not exist 

Just now, Kowabunga said:

well what would the limitation be that makes sure that god is permanently destroyed and if there is a limitation then it means that god isnt all powerful so the question doesnt make sense in human sense nor could it be possible for an almighty god to do that 

GOD cannot be destroyed, but it can surely imagine destruction in infinite ways.

Limitations are also GOD, but you don’t see that precisely because you are limited :P

Just now, Kowabunga said:

something has to be restraining god from existing and this very restraint is god itself so that would be god telling itself not to exist permanently but just the thought of that creates a strangeloop because he has to exist to make himself not exist 

NOTHING can restrain GOD!

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

On 7/28/2023 at 1:29 AM, Kowabunga said:

If God is no-thing then what would it have to destroy? Destruction is for the finite.

On 7/27/2023 at 1:20 AM, Princess Arabia said:

Permanently destroying itself?

Of course you can imagine that, yet paradoxically, GOD is indestructible :D

God can imagine being immortal for some time and then simply forget/imagine something else.

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

God is Infinite so it should be possible for a truly immortal existence to exist. Even if it is contradictory and paradoxical. Since Time is only a part of God, for something to exist infinitely would be no big deal.

Thing is, in our current state of consciousness, with our limited knowledge and human logic, we cannot determine these things. It'd be stupid to be certain of any conclusion here.