joelpires

Death - is anyone here really ready for it?

28 posts in this topic

I'm a newbie and this is actually my first topic here. I see that multiple people here seem to have a more clear understanding of what death really is - either by experiencing ego death in their lives in the past or by rationally understanding the misconceptions that reside in the traditional definition of death and the fear of it.

One thing tho is bugging me...how many of us will Really Accept death - not in these moments now in which we are intellectualizing it while reading posts in the forums or seeing youtube videos or having psychedelic trips while we know very well our health is not in danger - but really when for example devastating news about your health happens? 

Imagine for example that we just know that we have terminal cancer, how much of this previous work will help us avoid the existential anxiety, the extreme dread and pain, the panic and agony of your ego knowing that it is about to stop forever? Will you be at peace moments before your death? Are you ready to accept a drastic change in your health conditions? Is this control over your emotions even possible? Or all this spiritual work to understand death works as coping mechanism to live fearless in the quotidian but it can be irrationally shattered in an instant once you know that this is over, that 'lights will turn off exactly in a week' for example?

Edited by joelpires

I think after learning you have terminal cancer there will come a point of acceptance then surrender 

"You have to allow yourself to not know"- Peter Ralston

From my experience when you die whatever emotion you are feeling is exponentially grown over infinite time. I have heard this said by sadguru as well. So its not about being ready its about keeping your mental state happy all the time because death can come at any moment. And if you laugh while you are dying it just grows infinitely into infinite happiness. When I died I felt infinite abandonment and sadness because that's what my soul was feeling.

Its all about mind control because when you die you lose the ability to self reflect on your emotions. So just learn to be happy all the times and you wont have to be ready

Edited by Hojo

death can come at any moment, it is absolutely certain, so we have to be fully prepared for it. If cancer comes, or a guy with a gun, and suddenly you realize you're going to die, you have to think, yes! this is the moment. Let's go there. it comes exactly when it has to come, knowing this, being terribly afraid is stupid, we have to be prepared. Although you never know what you're really made of, let's see. 

thanks for all the answers :)

29 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

Although you never know what you're really made of, let's see. 

My gut tells me that this is the right answer. There were times that I was really afraid of my health condition and it is incredible to me how anxiety and panic responses in the brain switch on/off in seconds from when you think "omg this is it- it's over" to when you were informed that "there is nothing serious illness afterall". That's why I'm really wondering if the ego-death experiences that supposedly make you at peace with death are not thrown out of the window once the 'shit get's real and personal'

Edit: now that I dug a little bit deeper, maybe this full acceptance of personal physical death in the imminence of it (no anxiety, no dread, completely fearless, etc) is attainable through Samadhi states

Edited by joelpires

@joelpires your soul knows more than you. It might be prepared. If you enter dimensions that seem foreign to you your soul might remeber them and act accordingly. Just have trust in your soul/god and be happy and you will be fine

Edited by Hojo

Enlightened beings can still experience emotions like everyone else. Before enlightenment, chop wood carry water; after enlightenment, chop wood carry water. Anxiety, fear, anger, sadness, etc. can still arise, the difference is they will be less intense and lasts a lot shorter period of time. They also arise less and less the more conscious you become. You recognize it's a bodily response to what's apparently happening and become the observer. It depends on the individual character. Enlightened beings can still fear death as a natural response; but they will be more at peace knowing it is just the body that dies and that they were never that to begin with. 

Thought = Time. Without thought there's no time.

Absolutely. If I was told I was gonna suddenly die a week from now without any negative side effects or deteriorating health, quickly and painlessly, I’d be incredibly ecstatic. No joke. Warms my heart and gives me peace just to think about that as a possibility. But sadly there’s no such thing. 

No way. If I were to die now I would piss myself + fetal position.

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

I'm hardly here as a *human* these days. It seems like my remaining will is mainly to "help" a few peeps to ascend with me, in whatever shape or form that takes. And whatever personal connections I still have here keeps me here, even the not so good ones. So I guess I'm not quite ready to leave because of that. Though this "help" is not from neediness more like an offering.

Other than that it's kinda hard for me to be "here", coz all I really desire these days is "heaven".

I would have trouble just to eat much food even these days (lack of interest mostly as a result of the high state of consciousness I'm in 24/7 like it feels unnecessary lol) but I do it coz I have to to keep well.

Edited by puporing

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

On 17-6-2023 at 9:26 PM, tuku747 said:

Quantum Immortality 

On 17-6-2023 at 9:26 PM, tuku747 said:

Quantum Immortality 

@tuku747 This is what i also have seen and experienced when i stopped my heart with my consciousness/mahasamadhi. Do you have more info on this and hoe do you know? What happends for example if you jump off a building, how will your body be preserved?

ONLY LEO IS AWAKE

I dont need a reason or a insight about what happens after death to be ready to die.

It comes from experiencing enough of this life to be satisfied.

its like eating alot of chocolate at some point you just don't need to continue eating it as you full and dont need anymore.

Enlightenment is like being so full on life you no longer need to take in any more, your satisfied, so death is effortless. 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

3 hours ago, Jowblob said:

@tuku747 This is what i also have seen and experienced when i stopped my heart with my consciousness/mahasamadhi. Do you have more info on this and hoe do you know? What happends for example if you jump off a building, how will your body be preserved?

You know that feeling that keeps you from stepping off the edge of a cliff? That's Quantum Immortality guiding the Will, like a compass. There's no gravity in a timeline where the Earth no longer exists for you, but there is gravity from all the timelines where you do survive. This is felt intuitively. Gravity is Quantum Immortality; the pull or attraction towards the Higher Self in the Infinite Future.

Edited by tuku747

Nah, virtually nobody is okay with it. Ramana Maharshi was, though.

Not minding death is extremely rare and would require being deeply conscious of what you are.

Edited by UnbornTao

The fact is that both life and death are human constructs, that is, they are just different concepts from mental consciousness.  By convention, we live and die simultaneously and every moment.   It means that there is no particular period of life or time for the dead after a period of life per se.  All existences would rise and fall at the same time and infinitely under the influences of cause and condition. 

The principle of yin-yang dictates: when a quality reaches its zenith, it naturally begins to transform into an opposing quality.  Uniting the two brings something.  In other words, the elements of yin and yang are shifting, as a current in the ocean, a retreat completes each progression, and each ascension is transformed into a fall.  Ultimately, it is all about balancing the dichotomy between yin (decay) and yang (flourish) – the competing and complementary forces, that is, the victor claims the throne.

In the dependent nature, everything is a matrix of everything. All things or matters are interdependently co-arising ad infinitum.  Once again, all classifications relating to life and death are human constructs, that is, notions of mental consciousness per se.  Without it, all things would appear according to the deepest facts per se, namely no label, limit, name, activity, form, description, etc.

No for many reasons. First of all I'd be angry as hell if I just spent all this time in the gym etc then died before I could enjoy looking sexy.

Also I have anxiety disorders for real. Actual anxiety disorders. So fear of the unknown is quite major... If I died suddenly in an accident that'd probably be ideal for me.

On 17/06/2023 at 8:30 PM, Hojo said:

From my experience when you die whatever emotion you are feeling is exponentially grown over infinite time. I have heard this said by sadguru as well. So its not about being ready its about keeping your mental state happy all the time because death can come at any moment. And if you laugh while you are dying it just grows infinitely into infinite happiness. When I died I felt infinite abandonment and sadness because that's what my soul was feeling.

Its all about mind control because when you die you lose the ability to self reflect on your emotions. So just learn to be happy all the times and you wont have to be ready

It's futile you cannot be happy all the time. And trying to be is neurosis and will lead to more suffering. 
Whatever you feel is okay, Life is not about being happy, it is also being sad, fearful, angry... and be okay with it. 
Easier said than done of course.

But this story about the emotion you feel before dying will intensify, I'm skeptical or maybe it can happens in some cases. 
If you take time to read/listen to NDE, you'll find that a lot of people experience a white loving light, peace, or "revelations" about Reality etc... 
There's also people describing hellish experiences but it seems to be a minority