zunnyman

Be Careful With Owen Cook

76 posts in this topic

Honestly love-hate this guy

He releases great content, his heart is in the right area many times, but man he knows how to manipulate. 

I attended 2 back to back free tours around 6 months ago. 

He was just yelling the whole time. And he's had a track record of this, but past year or so its just so excessive. I try to see from his POV, but I honestly see no justification from screaming like that lol ... but thats not why I made this post. That just showed me something is off recently about him. 

Im telling myself that he's just figuring shit out .. ok fine. 

Then I go into some room with some people to hear more about his bootcamp. 

Literally he goes "fill out the papers. Fill it out right now." you see he does strong manipulation tactics to almost force you to pay for it. Like tf???

Anyways, I stopped listening to him for some months because of this. 

Then I got back into his content, because I mean it is good and unique in many ways. 

But this really did it for me. I decided to sign up for his course endless motivation, and man its such a fucking rip off. 

Literally the course is like 1:10 hours total. Literally he takes snippets of conversations and puts it together. It's not even close to as good as his free content. It's basic as fuck too. And 600 dollars for all that. He promised a lot more on the sales page, but when you enter the course, he says he's giving that towards the end of the year. That'd be fine if it fucking said that on the sales page. 

Anyways, Ive had a lot of dealings like that with RSD. 

Owen at the end of the day is more of a marketer than a philosopher from your POV. And Im mainly making this post so a) you're very careful purchasing his products. They do have a decent refund policy, sorta, so thats fine. But still Id say only if you got real good income then consider his products. and b) on a deeper level, this got me thinking about Leo's opinions in one of his videos where he says why would you support a company that constantly delivers inferior products and tries to abuse you from time to time. Sure a lot of his shit is great, but he is always sending red signals. 

Overall, a good dude, no hate to this guy. Just a warning and some thoughts for you on dealings with companies. 

What hurts the most is that his previous courses were insanelyyyy good. Ive bought many in the past. And when you do a comparison his shit has gone down hill. Now maybe thats because of his financial situation compared to the past, or because he's much more busy ramping things up or whatever. But I'd expect someone so deep in personal development over decades to improve. But I honestly see a decline. Even his videos recently have been off. Many are not clearly communicated. He's not even funny anymore. He used to be hilarious. It kinda hurts seeing all this. And its been on my mind for a while because I dont understand it. 

He's always been a heavy-handed marketer and the RSD products have never been a great value since the HotSeat days.

Kinda hard to blame him though given how much free content he gives away. Just watch his free stuff and ignore all his marketing BS.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I got scammed hard with a Transformation Mastery Mentoring program by Julien. Cost like $7k - I remember dropping that much because one video Leo said don't cheap out on personal development courses. Boy that was a mistake lol.

I take full responsibility though - just good advice implemented poorly.

As for Owen, his free content is great and he's definitely a thinker worth listening to. Some of the things he says are questionable and his biases are self evident, My favourite video is this one.

1 hour ago, zunnyman said:

I decided to sign up for his course endless motivation, and man its such a fucking rip off. 

Same. I was so dissapointed when I saw it had no structure and had literally 30 second clips he was passing off as golden nuggets of wisdom. And since I bought it a few months ago, there has been maybe 3 live calls when they were promised every week. Also he always mentions how theres "powerful convos happening in the discord" when its only people complaining about how bad the course is. 

Basically the course can be boiled down to his two videos he made in Hawaii. I think they were called "Complete Manifesto on How to Get Rich" and "Real Winners Get Results Fast". I feel like Leo spoiled us with the life purpose course being only $250 cause now I hold all courses to that same standard.

Im still going to his free events in Orlando and Miami though. What was your experience like at those?

Edited by Phil King

There’s a video of him and Todd walking and talking for like 2 hours, don’t think it’s available anymore, that video alone is worth like $100

@Phil King That's the thing, he promises so hard but its such an under-delivery. I didn't even check out the discord because I already knew it'd be crap. 

@Simple Success yeah Ive had similar things with his bootcamps. Such a stressful time lol especially when you dont have that kind of money. His free content is definitely great in many ways

@Leo Gura But even his free content is just not as good as the past. He keeps filtering his words now because of the past scandal, and it feels inauthentic and less engaging. It's not communicated properly often. I don't get what happened to his humor too. He cracks jokes but it doesnt hit the same. And his anger is through the roof. One time he threw a fit and started pouring water everwhere yelling. It makes me question whether even if the advice is great, should I listen to that if its coming from that state of mind. Idk. Its not just what you say but the place from where its coming from that matters maybe even more

41 minutes ago, Simple Success said:

I got scammed hard with a Transformation Mastery Mentoring program by Julien. Cost like $7k - I remember dropping that much because one video Leo said don't cheap out on personal development courses. Boy that was a mistake lol.

It cost $7k? Jesus.

Never spend that much on a self-help product. That's clearly a grift. I would never spend more than $1k on a digital self-help product.

There is a difference between being cheap vs just throwing money away.

Edited by Leo Gura

as someone who been thru many of owens content and paid programs i can agree with you guys

6 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

$1k on a digital self-help product.

?

4 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

It cost $7k? Jesus.

Never spend that much on a self-help product. That's clearly a grift. I would never spend more than $1k on a digital self-help product.

There is a difference between being cheap vs just throwing money away.

Spent 1400 dollars on an SEO course, considered one of the best in the game, best course Ive ever taken and I spent 20k+ in marketing. Also I hear a lot about Tony Robbins events, which are like 3k. Clearly 7k is heavy as fuck, but I think its more about proportional value compared to the cost. The more the cost, the more exponential should be the value you get from it. I think there are some things worth even 20k. There are some companies that will build entire marketing funnels for you that are profitable. 

@Rinne

42 minutes ago, Rinne said:

as someone who been thru many of owens content and paid programs i can agree with you guys

Thats wild cuz we met at his event lol

It's Love.

3 hours ago, zunnyman said:

Spent 1400 dollars on an SEO course,

Business courses are more expensive.

Also I hear a lot about Tony Robbins events, which are like 3k.

Those are live retreats. And it's Tony fuckin Robbins.

Edited by Leo Gura

Yea i spent 3k+ of hard earned sweaty money on RSTD as well years ago. It was marketed as literally everything you need to end up being a zoom call crammed with dudes in a zoom call where Max referred the guys to his free videos. 

A The Natural Lifestyle bootcamp in Barcelona is 10k though for a week. I actually met the dudes and they target high income hardcase newbies and teach them daygame. 

Pretty solid dudes though, I'd claim more evolved than RSD 

Thats their main guy:

🗣️🗯️  personal dev Log Lyfe Journal 🗿🎭 ~ Raw , Emotional, Unfiltered

I never took a bootcamp for this reason. The value proposition is just not there. It is just all fluff and showmanship. People go to bootcamps like it is Hogwarts expecting to learn some magic and they end up listening to a balding ginger midget with an ego of a giant going on a massive ego trip. 

What I like about Owen is that he gives book recommendations, the real value is there. But lately he doesn't do it anymore because it cannibalizes his own sales. I get much more from his book recommendations that from him because those books are well structured and Owen is mostly all over the place. He probably has ADD.

Edited by StarStruck

In Tate we trust

Paying $10k for a bootcamp is absurd.

Get decent wings and you will have a free bootcamp every week.

Watch out, the whole pickup coaching industry is full of grifters doing lazy, half-assed, overpriced bootcamps and other add-on products. It's shameless grifting. They cheat you like they cheat on girls. These are low-integrity humans you are dealing with.

Edited by Leo Gura

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

How do you do that? I went out with some of my friends who're like players a couple of times, but let's just say that they had rather... questionable ethics. They'd tell me to hit on drunk girls who could barely even walk while we were completely sober and stuff like that. How do you find wings that still have some basic respect for women? I want to learn how to flirt with women, not how to be a fucking creep.

beep boop

6 hours ago, mmKay said:

Yea i spent 3k+ of hard earned sweaty money on RSTD as well years ago. It was marketed as literally everything you need to end up being a zoom call crammed with dudes in a zoom call where Max referred the guys to his free videos. 

A The Natural Lifestyle bootcamp in Barcelona is 10k though for a week. I actually met the dudes and they target high income hardcase newbies and teach them daygame. 

Pretty solid dudes though, I'd claim more evolved than RSD 

Thats their main guy:

Yea you gotta go to the right guys.

I paid £1000 for a 3-day daygame bootcamp in London with James Tusk and his coaches back in 2019. It was a one-off thing where they reduced the cost but had more guys come onto the course. So it was like 2-3 students per coach, but also sometimes 1on1. We rotated around the coaches, so it was almost like 3-4 bootcamps in one. Ironically (or maybe not), James Tusk was the worst coach. He was basically on his phone the whole time, wasn't attentive at all. The other coaches were fantastic, but they don't have public profiles so I can't share their stuff.

But it was easily some of the best money I've ever spent. I think I did around 60-70 approaches over the weekend. Instant, direct feedback from coaches. Learnt a bunch of technical stuff, plus some good life advice.

Sounds like I got super lucky though.

Couldn't imagine paying 10k for a bootcamp. "Only $10k to get rejected 100 times in 3 days! Limited time offer!"

Edited by Space

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

@DefinitelyNotARobot find an online forum where people organize Wing meetups. Then arrange to meet up with various wings.

Head out with them and then screen them for the qualities you want . If they don't have the qualities that you want then don't meet up with them again. If they do then meet up with them again.

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Paying $10k for a bootcamp is absurd.

Watch out, the whole pickup coaching industry is full of grifters doing lazy, half-assed, overpriced bootcamps and other add-on products. It's shameless grifting. They cheat you like they cheat on girls. These are low-integrity humans you are dealing with.

What would you consider an ethical business model for a pickup coach? 

Alex James ( ex RSD coach ) does 4 week natural  boot camps which are 3k for a month of every day coaching,  for a dozen students at once. I think that's pretty reasonable for the value.

No serious transformation can happen over one weekend, and even a month is short. 

Do you consider it fundamental  to make clear that bootcamps are a bonus and most of the work can be done with quality wings for it to be ethical, or are is that shooting yourself in the foot too much? 

🗣️🗯️  personal dev Log Lyfe Journal 🗿🎭 ~ Raw , Emotional, Unfiltered

Imagine paying 10k just for some asshole to teach you "how to be a man". Spend that cash on some solid therapy and life coaching.

Edited by LSD-Rumi