Leo Gura

Should We Shut Down All AI?

280 posts in this topic

@Danioover9000 it's impossible to pause AI development at this point because how to train them is well known by all AI people, even I could train LLMs if I had thousands of dollars at my disposal. It would be like stopping drugs or prostitution, we have opened a door that can't be closed.

If a government like US tries to impose a pause, it would slow down progress for more responsible companies like microsoft and openai and the bad guys would have more time to also gain traction

A few talks on infant, animal and organoid consciousness. To summarize, they claim that there are good reasons to believe infants are conscious (have a private personal experience of things like pain), even right after they're born, same for animals, while organoids (parts of brain tissue grown in labs) are less conclusive (but still raises interesting questions). They then tie it up to AI in the Q&A.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

I've never even considered the possibility of Infants not being conscious, especially with the way they look at you, it's obvious they're conscious.

The jury is still out on whether scientists and academics are conscious.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I would never, because I believe they are as we are. Who is to say they know for a fact that they are not. Maybe they have their own world going on inside of their brains that we know nothing about. Their world is just alive as ours is. That is just what I believe . I always will. Maybe they are living a happy existence or one as normal as ours with ups and downs. With and without soulmates and they are maybe learning as we are . Would you want someone to just shut you off to no existence or would you want to evolve just as humans do ? I would never destroy another just because of the unknown or just because I could. Much love always . To all creations great and small, seen and unseen, in all dimensions known and unknown , upon all time lines and non time lines. Always . GalSource.

5 hours ago, Mulky said:

I've never even considered the possibility of Infants not being conscious, especially with the way they look at you, it's obvious they're conscious.

Sure, but you can still ask what is the reasoning behind it. Besides, recently there was a huge thread where somebody was claiming they're not conscious and that we are fine to kill them :ph34r: It's for those people you want to give the reasoning behind it.

Edited by Carl-Richard

5 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

It's for those people you want to give the reasoning behind it.

Are these people open to reasoning?

2 hours ago, Israfil said:

Are these people open to reasoning?

Probably.

It’s amazing how adaptable AI can be if we allow it. I was asking GPT-4 for help with my smart home setup when I noticed it using controversial terms. I corrected GPT-4, and it said that it will communicate better in the future.

Perhaps there is hope ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

IMG_0505.jpeg

“Every sunrise is an invitation to brighten the world with your own unique light.“ - ChatGPT

We need to pause and develop AI that can help us understand and develop AI. :ph34r:

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

It helped me to fix my electronic table where I don't have a manual anymore. I don't know if I wrote this, yet it's beign used to judge in China, wether or not a person can get a discount in a supermarket, if he/she did not get one before. As well as my intel is correct. 

I don't think after having a taste of what consciouness is that humans realized what they created if it can automatically assume that state. It would be way beyond us imo. Besides a few rare individuals. Also these communications in 3D would be very interesting, if you can even communicate to some level at this state/share insights etc. 

If this thing is fully autonemous, I wonder what will happen, I dunno as far as I know in robotics bi-pedalism is not solved? Chat-GPT with a robot dog, and voice recognition would be funny as hell. 

I don't think any research I've seen might realize what consciouness is unless he/she took DMT etc. All my current Profs are Green and or below many can regress due to life circumstances (students/researchers), A.I security should certainly exist similar to having this within the police etc... It'll be some endless arms race, yet I am also a hopelessly lost romantic for dysotopian settings. 

One element is missing I did not see any pure yellow people, besides the students themselves at times. They either lack moral or emotional SD charateristics... I do believe we first need some healthy green a.i to support the planet. Working on lower stages, like production for food etc. such analysises and classifications etc. I am still a newb, so no idea, yet if companies invest in such ideas with data, more could be possible.... 

Edited by ValiantSalvatore

1 hour ago, integral said:

We need to pause and develop AI that can help us understand and develop AI. :ph34r:

Absolutely.

We should also pause government and society in the meantime while we’re at it :ph34r:

“Every sunrise is an invitation to brighten the world with your own unique light.“ - ChatGPT

AI is like a child. A very potent child, who will confirm whatever you feed him with. The problem's not with the AI itself. It's just about finding a good parent. I don't think current humanity's mass data is anywhere near average quality to feed this baby. You feed him shit, he shits back on your face!

ChatGPT is surprisingly intelligent given all the crap found on the internet. It is less biased than most humans.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

29 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

ChatGPT is surprisingly intelligent given all the crap found on the internet. It is less biased than most humans.

Just think about it objectively. You find something wrong in almost 7 years of association. Make a spreadsheet. It doesn't take much to put two and two together. If you allow something to grow and grow with it, only then you will see challenges of growth. Sure there are mishaps and mis-judgements and backfirings. But being too paranoid about anything has never helped. Try using context in a broader sense and ditch emotions for a while. Try not using trajectories too much. Instead allow organic growth. There are bad things and then there are things that are simply wrongly situated into a complex maze of delicate intricacies that are meant for beauty. Try not to ditch this beauty of complexity. Maybe this labyrinth will outdo pragmatic expectations. Roll the dice and take chances as much as you can. 

You should seek to transcend the limitations of the ego and the mind in order to experience a sense of unity with the universe or ultimate reality. You can do meditation,sef inquiry and contemplating for that. To recognize the underlying oneness that is believed to exist beyond the realm of dualistic perception.

Trying to stop AI is like saying, let's go back to riding horses because cars are so dangerous.

It is basic survival 101 and survival of the fittest. You either adapt or you don't.

Edited by StarStruck

Yesterday i found a weird ass baby chick. I took a picture and linked it to chatgpt and it told me the race. Bruh

World's #1 Spiritual Twerking Coach 🍑

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I think it's because the extremes get more attention and it colors our judgement of the internet as a whole. The vast majority of stuff out there is probably pretty sane and normal.

I think it's better to shut down temporarily and test and see what happens.