Leo Gura

Important! - Nobody On This Forum Is AWAKE

1,427 posts in this topic

45 minutes ago, Razard86 said:

Absolute Solipsism is absolutely true. Anyone that says different is not awake. Oh well. It is what it is.

But since according to Absolute Solipsism there are no others, there is no other/nobody to say different. Absolute Solipsism proven, Quod erat demonstrandum

Did I make a mistake in my logic? Somebody please help me?

Or do I get my PhD in Circular reasoning right here & now?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circular_reasoning#:~:text=Circular reasoning (Latin%3A circulus in,are trying to end with.

:$;)

Selling Water by the River 

13 minutes ago, Razard86 said:

It's the only Truth. There is only One perspective. There are no other bubbles of perception, there is one bubble and that bubble is the Absolute. 

You know what you are, but have you ever been what you are? You are a millimeter away, touching it, but you have to break even the oneness. At one point, the soap bubble bursts and you are encompassing the whole of existence. Hallelujah because the full glory of infinite existence has manifested. This was what I had forgotten. the fucking prodigal son was wandering in the desert without water with his mouth full of sand for a long time. now he has reached the infinite oasis that is his home

Edited by Breakingthewall

14 minutes ago, Razard86 said:

It's the only Truth. There is only One perspective. There are no other bubbles of perception, there is one bubble and that bubble is the Absolute. 

hey, if we really go fully from the Relative side of the street on the Absolute side of the street, lets do it with style, and leave the little bubble at home:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huineng

Poem contest[edit]

Eight months later, the Fifth Patriarch summoned all his followers and proposed a poem contest for his followers to demonstrate the stage of their understanding of the essence of mind. He decided to pass down his robe and teachings to the winner of the contest, who would become the Sixth Patriarch.[11] Shenxiu, the leading disciple of the Fifth Patriarch, composed a stanza, but did not have the courage to present it to the master. Instead, he wrote his stanza on the south corridor wall to remain anonymous one day at midnight. The other monks saw the stanza and commended it. Shenxiu's stanza is as follows:[13]

The body is the bodhi tree.
The mind is like a bright mirror's stand.
At all times we must strive to polish it
and must not let dust collect.[note 1]

The Patriarch was not satisfied with Shenxiu's stanza, and pointed out that the poem did not show understanding of "[his] own fundamental nature and essence of mind."[11] He gave Shenxiu a chance to submit another poem to demonstrate that he had entered the "gate of enlightenment," so that he could transmit his robe and the Dharma to Shenxiu, but the student's mind was agitated and could not write one more stanza.[11]

Two days later, the illiterate Huineng heard Shenxiu's stanza being chanted by a young attendant at the monastery and inquired about the context of the poem. The attendant explained to him the poem contest and the transmission of the robe and Dharma.[11] Huineng asked to be led to the corridor, where he could also pay homage to the stanza. He asked a low-ranking official named Zhang Riyong from Jiangzhou to read the verse to him, and then immediately asked him to write down a stanza that he composed.[14]

According to McRae, "the earliest version of the Platform Sutra contains two versions of Huineng's verse. Later version contain one version of Huineng's stanza, somewhat different from the two older ones:[15]

Bodhi originally has no tree.
The mirror has no stand.
The Buddha-nature is always clear and pure.
Where is there room for dust?

The followers who were present were astonished by the work of a southern barbarian. Being cautious of Huineng's status, the Patriarch wiped away the stanza and claimed that the author of the stanza had not reached enlightenment.[

Succession of Hongren[edit]

However, on the next day, the Patriarch secretly went to Huineng's room and asked, "Should not a seeker after the Dharma risk his life this way?" Then he asked, "is the rice ready?" Huineng responded that the rice was ready and only waiting to be sieved.[11] The Patriarch secretly explained the Diamond Sutra to Huineng, and when Huineng heard the phrase "one should activate one’s mind so it has no attachment," he was "suddenly and completely enlightened, and understood that all things exist in self-nature."[11]

The Dharma was passed to Huineng at night, when the Patriarch transmitted "the doctrine of sudden enlightenment" as well as his robe and bowl to Huineng. He told Huineng, “You are now the Sixth Patriarch. Take care of yourself, save as many sentient beings as you can, and spread the teachings so they will not be lost in the future.

29 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

the idea of others is a barrier that does not allow the infinity to manifest as infinite. 

Do you see that the idea of you is equally a barrier?

Yes, the absolute is seamless. It is within and beyond everything. Mystic 101.

The problem with solipsism is that it crumples this realization down to the myopic perspective of the observer. He is unable to see the absolute in everything, only in himself. Everything else in his perception is dismissed as empty illusion. He forgets to dismiss himself while he is at it.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

@Water by the River Saving one sentient solipsist at a time :ph34r:

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

14 minutes ago, Moksha said:

Do you see that the idea of you is equally a barrier?

Yes, the absolute is seamless. It is within and beyond everything. Mystic 101.

Any idea is a wall, but the idea of others is a big one because prevents you to become absolute directly. It's a limitator

14 minutes ago, Moksha said:

He is unable to see the absolute in everything, only in himself.

If you really want to see the absolute, you have to become absolute. for that you have to free the mind completely. in my case, i had to use 5 meo as an electroshock machine to do that, but now it is something that sometimes happens spontaneously. another thing is that the absolute shines through all your experience. great beauty and makes life pleasant and allows understanding. but to become completely absolute is the return home. that is what we all are looking for.  

Try one day to meditate focusing in that this moment is the only reality that exist, and outside doesn't exist. 

Edited by Breakingthewall

@Breakingthewall I'm glad to hear that the absolute within your apparent form is beginning to spontaneously realize itself. Has it started to realize the absolute within and beyond other apparent forms yet?

It's a blinding field of light.

43 minutes ago, Moksha said:

@Water by the River Saving one sentient solipsist at a time :ph34r:

The mirror has no stand.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huineng

updated "Actualized" version:

The mirror has no stand.
How can one not kill the "Other" of the Solipsist when meeting him on the Road?

Koan for Actualized: Does the "Other" of a solipsist have Buddha Nature?

I think when I retire I will move to the Absolute Side of the Street. I already know who will be my neighbour.

Basho: “frog pond plop” 

Edited by Water by the River

@Water by the River

Bodhi originally has no tree, but me.
The mirror has no stand, save where I stand.
The Buddha-nature is always clear and pure, beside myself there is no more.
Where is there room for dust, to entertain myself is now a must?

Amazing how much space there is here on the other shore, all boats welcome!

7 minutes ago, Moksha said:

Has it started to realize the absolute within and beyond other apparent forms yet?

No, when I'm with others i get too immersed in the appearance. Maybe some day not far. Id say that this "process" is quite fast when the reaction starts 

9 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

Any idea is a wall, but the idea of others is a big one because prevents you to become absolute

Yes.

If you work carefully with Solipsism, and what I have read from you so far sounds very responsible. Danger is: When there is no other, there can still be you. Only you. One. Not One without a second. One, but not fully nondual/impersonal. 

Breakingthewall, from what I read you understand this very well, the danger and potential of that concept. Please allow me some general musings on the topic, not specifically adressed to you.

The idea that the ego/separate self is God is the worst idea one can have. We agree on that. Blows up that which one has to kill/transcend. The opposite of Neti Neti. Shooting oneself in the knee and then starting the Marathon, and saying: I have done a good preparation for the run.

At least in my perspective, there is zero problem for integrating the different views concerning Solipsism, and its partial truths:

• Solipsism on the level of the separate self: Wrong. The separate self IS NOT GOD or Reality. Ones True Being (Nothingness) is Infinite Reality, not the separate-self-cloud covering exactly that deep impersonal immortal always here True Identity.
  • Solipsism on the level of the Absolute/Infinite Consciousness/Universal Mind: right. But totally useless once one is there, because it is just another fake concept floating in ones most obvious True Being. One snips it off like a fly. And before being there, it harms one also, because in any way it blows up ones ego, even if very subtle. And even if its just one more concept floating in oneself. I never had the need to think in Solipsistic terms while letting Nonduality ripen. Never. It would have only hurt me on the path, probably big time.

How to get rid of "other", the loving style:

• And if one starts really feeling and intuiting that ones own being and consciousness is looking out from the eyes from another human (or any being): You would never ever start with ideas of Solipsism. Never. Instead, that beginning recognition is the highest level of empathy and love.
  • But at that moment, there is no "you". Just impersonal Consciousness, in you, and the "other". It doesn't even make sense to say there is no other, because that implies that you are there (as concept and subtle separate self identity, not as Reality), because there really is no other. But also no you. Not one, but One without a second. Nondual, and not just Union of one with the Totality.
  • So one  can't say there is only me. There is only THAT. And nothing more can be said about that. And it is not one! It is not two! It is the one without a second. Nondual. Not one. 
  • And THAT  is love, THAT is impersonal being, THAT is the essence of all of Reality. And THAT is also Nothingness.

But anyway: If one thinks about it while on the way of getting to the Absolute, the concept of Solipsism is not useful. And when "one" is there, it is another crappy and redundant concept floating through oneself that also doesn't make sense.

Which means nothing else then: The concept is not useful at any point in time on the path. It is a half-true half-false concept, making it completely false. Like every half-truth. If one wants to get home fast, better forget about it! Or use it with extreme care.

I personally would rather recommend dissolving each and every concept, let real nonduality (an awakened state) ripen in an nonceonceptual empty mindstream, than playing Russian Roulette with such a concept. Ones separate self is not even dead when the shot goes off, but even more alive and bigger than ever....

Edited by Water by the River

28 minutes ago, Water by the River said:

Koan for Actualized: Does the "Other" of a solipsist have Buddha Nature?

he has, since the other is him

1 minute ago, Breakingthewall said:

he has, since the other is him

I guess the smack from the Zen Master for that answer would be a bit softer than the smack for "there are no others" :) 

Probably, the feedback for the latter answer would be delivered with mucho-extra-grande-compassionate-punch.

1 minute ago, Water by the River said:

guess the smack from the Zen Master for that answer would be a bit softer than the smack for "there are no others

The correct answer would be: yes, the other has buddha nature, from a relative point of view. from an absolute point of view, the other merges with me and only me, the now, remains, encompassing everything. But sure the zen master would hit me with the stick anyway, the bastard

2 hours ago, Razard86 said:

I doubt you make a distinction between perception and consciousness, but I'll say it anyway:

Your bubble of perception is an illusion. Perception is limited human bias. Consciousness is beyond your bubble of perception.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

53 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

No, when I'm with others i get too immersed in the appearance. Maybe some day not far. Id say that this "process" is quite fast when the reaction starts 

It's like a fireworks show, with a single rocket spiraling upward and exploding, to illuminate the sky above your head. Before long a few more fireworks offer their light. Eventually the entire sky is filled with cascades of light, a cacophony of patterns and colors dancing everywhere in maya. Finally, the  serenity of night.

Within and beyond all of it, the fireworks and the night sky, the absolute attends its phenomenal dream.

Leo Gura is rolling in his grave right now ?

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

2 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

I doubt you make a distinction between perception and consciousness, but I'll say it anyway:

Your bubble of perception is an illusion. Perception is limited human bias. Consciousness is beyond your bubble of perception.

Perception is awareness why would I make a distinction. A blind man is not aware of visual appearances. A deaf man is not aware of sound. A person who loses the ability to feel, is not aware of physical stimuli.

https://www.actualized.org/insights?p=4

https://www.actualized.org/insights?p=7

There is nothing to correct. All distinctions are imaginary.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

11 minutes ago, Razard86 said:

Perception is awareness why would I make a distinction. A blind man is not aware of visual appearances. A deaf man is not aware of sound. A person who loses the ability to feel, is not aware of physical stimuli.

https://www.actualized.org/insights?p=4

https://www.actualized.org/insights?p=7

There is nothing to correct. All distinctions are imaginary.

Yet here you are — making distinctions between awareness, visual appearances, sound and physical stimuli.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

12 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

Yet here you are — making distinctions between awareness, visual appearances, sound and physical stimuli.

I'm not, I'm giving examples of how it expresses to make a point. Consciousness IS, whatever you are experiencing, THAT is what it is at that moment. It's a shapeshifter. It CANNOT be BEYOND anything because it is everything. We say its not bound by time and space because it can appear as time and space.

https://www.actualized.org/insights/actualized-quotes-020

It's nothing, it's love, and it appears as the things listed above. As long as it appears as those things, then in that moment that is what it is. But those are all relative, impermanent appearances so they are ultimately a lie because they are not permanent.

The only permanent is absolute solipsism of the self. The self is alone for all eternity. 

Look if you haven't awakened fully....why are you even playing these word games? Unless you are here to get understanding to use in contemplation for awakening...you are just distracting yourself.

I only drop by here to add illumination from all the traps and confusion people can fall into. I try to point people to the videos Leo made that can help them understand and make sense of things. A lot of people on the forum are corrupting the teachings and I'm just helping correct that. I do think that should be the Moderator's role but whatever.

Edited by Razard86

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.