Someone here

Will awakening eliminate all suffering?

71 posts in this topic

23 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Well.. Since Love is all inclusive then suffering is love.

That makes no sense. 

Suffering is not love. Suffering is an attempt to resist the flow of love. 

Edited by Salvijus

12 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

Well, from what I have experienced is an energetic issue. you are built as an energetic pattern that processes reality in a certain way. it is not enough to deconstruct beliefs, this paves the way, but nothing more. a good analogy is the movie matrix. Neo knows that he is in the matrix and that it is all an illusion, but when Agent Smith beats him up, he hurts and fears him. Matrix construction is like this. you take a psychedelic and with luck, it happens to you like neo, you see that Smith is code, he can't do anything to you. In the case of real awakening, you don't see codes, you see that reality is infinite and that you are, and not just that, you see that you are everything, absolute freedom. You see how you are creating this current experience right now. but be careful, it can happen to you as it happens to me many times, reality breaks down and only a dead void remains. what you are is a mystery, you are absolute existence. You cannot understand this with your mind, it has to manifest itself. You can do things to promote this manifestation, like take 5meo, but it doesn't have to happen. when it happens, it's obvious, but it's nothing you can rationalize. can you rationalize that you are the total existence that has not been originated? it does not make any sense.

The enlightenment of Neo is one of increasing awareness and is not a Buddhist enlightenment. Which is focused more on no self ,emptiness and Nothingness. Neo's enlightenment is similar to what Leo teach about being God dreaming up the world and getting lost in our dream .which is from our own making . Do you agree with this view ? I know this will inevitably lead us to the question of solipsism but I don't get it just yet.

So Neo eventually realises that he is the machine and the machine is him  .. after all they are both part of the matrix of yet another reality.

Whilst that doesn't seem like Buddhist enlightenment. Neo's enlightenment  was about getting of the keys to the universe  so you can change the weather at whim. So is that the version of enlightenment you lean towards ?can 5MeO makes you able to manipulate reality just using your mind ?

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

3 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Let us known when you are done awakening, we will stab you in the foot with a pitchfork, and you can tell us how you feel.

Just theoretically, there could be someone who is fully awake 24/7 and who doesn't care if he's  tortured with hot irons or bathing in the Caribbean

Edited by Breakingthewall

Just now, Breakingthewall said:

Just theoretically, there could be someone who is fully awake 24/7 and who doesn't care if he's  tortured with hot irons or bathing in the Caribbean

Show him to me. I will sharpen my pitchfork.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

25 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Examples?

"Get rid of everything that is not of truth" means. Getting rid of all ignorance. Ignorance about our true nature, ignorance about the true nature of reality. Getting rid of all the illusions and fears of ego etc.

Probably guys like Ramana or Gautama did transcend suffering. But don't confuse that with pain. Pain is a function of the nervous system whereas you can probably do away with most of what you call suffering because it is an unnecessary activity done by you. Suffering is added onto pain.

But hey, awaken and find out. Extrapolating doesn't make any difference except that it's entertaining. 

Edited by UnbornTao

@Someone here Well, neo's story is just a story, since he is not the creator of the matrix, it is something alien to him. reality is not like that. you are the neo experience in matrix, that is, neo and matrix, since both are imaginary, but the consciousness of it is not imaginary. You are the limitless reality that is creating that movie. infinity expressing itself. but it's you, that's the thing.

Just now, UnbornTao said:

Probably guys like Ramana or Gautama did transcend suffering. But don't confuse that with pain. Pain is a function of the nervous system whereas you can probably do away with most of what you call suffering because it is an unnecessary activity done by you. Suffering is added onto pain.

Execept, the teachings of Buddha teach you how not to suffer which… includes avoiding the thoughts and behaviours that lead to it….. 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

3 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Let us known when you are done awakening, we will stab you in the foot with a pitchfork, and you can tell us how you feel.

Enlightenment does not hinder the normal operation of the nerves of the body. In fact, it is quite a disadvantage and dangerous to cease feeling pain…as leprosy, diabetes, or another neurological disease in which body parts can become unfeeling will tell you.

The difference is that enlightened beings do not resist or deny pain…they don’t have a problem with pain…and so do not suffer because of physical pain.

The key here is distinguishing between pain and suffering. They say "pain is inevitable, suffering is optional ".

So pain can still be experienced. It's just that it need not be a big deal.

Definitely enlightened people suffer less .because they supposedly recognised that existence =Unconditional Love .

so whatever is happening..even if the sky is falling apart and the universe is being sucked into a black hole ..they can still keep their cool .that's true fucking enlightenment for me .:)

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

8 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I suppose that human nature is built in such a way that at the first pinprick he goes from enlightened to deep asleep dreaming a nightmare, but theoretically, the other case could be the possible 

Edited by Breakingthewall

9 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

This guy

And his teacher especially.

Luang Por Jamnian

Edited by Salvijus

1 hour ago, Someone here said:

Interesting. Thanks for sharing. 

I think Self-Realized people don’t experience life reactively. They don’t mistake their personal preferences for how “life should be,” nor do they get upset when they are inconvenienced.

They experience non-reactivity, or bliss.

Bliss is what you experience when every other sensation dissolves. 

Do you use awakened, enlightened and self-realized as different words for the same thing.

To me they mean different things. Awakened and self-realized is not yet enlightened. So awakened/self-realized still experience suffering.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Pain does not equal suffering though. You can feel shitty without creating a suffering-story about it.

@Someone here Suffering is overrated, if you have to suffer, you suffer and that's it. If you expose yourself to suffering, you can endure much more than you imagine without much problem. what is difficult to bear is not being awake. It's not horrible, but it's sad, depressing. that is true suffering, because it lasts a lifetime

Have you ever questioned, what is the limit of suffering? 

Imagine the worst slow pain being inflicted on you, what is the limit of that? Death? Is there a limit? 

Just some interesting things to contemplate.

@Someone here The self amplifies pain and turns it into "suffering".

"The end of suffering" is in the recognition of no-self / enlightenment.

Pain, both physical and emotional, still happens. Nothing changes in that respect. It can even be more painful, seemingly, without a self to filter it.

However, the need to change anything is not there. Without a self, the pain is appearing but not really landing - it has no centre. This is an indescribable difference. The pain no longer has relevance. There is just a character - which formerly was thought to be a self - appearing with pain that seems somehow to be connected with the character. This is an energetic shift that cannot be explained or anticipated. Its quality is surprising, like seeing a new primary colour.

Apparently.

3 hours ago, axiom said:

@Someone here The self amplifies pain and turns it into "suffering".

"The end of suffering" is in the recognition of no-self / enlightenment.

Pain, both physical and emotional, still happens. Nothing changes in that respect. It can even be more painful, seemingly, without a self to filter it.

However, the need to change anything is not there. Without a self, the pain is appearing but not really landing - it has no centre. This is an indescribable difference. The pain no longer has relevance. There is just a character - which formerly was thought to be a self - appearing with pain that seems somehow to be connected with the character. This is an energetic shift that cannot be explained or anticipated. Its quality is surprising, like seeing a new primary colour.

?

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

the word suffering etymologically means

to allow something to affect you negatively

things happen

are they good, are they bad, are they god

it is all your choice

pain is merely a body reacting that something has gone wrong

In the same way gravity is an integral of physics, suffering is an integral part of the psyche. I don't get why people are being so bone headed about this.

Gravity like suffering is needed. Just imagine how the universe would look like without gravity. In the same way we wouldn't exist if we didn't feel pain.

Gravity and suffering is not good or evil, it is just is. Trying to eliminate suffering is like saying "let's eliminate gravity" which is retarded. Be careful what you ask for, you can eliminate suffering, but that will mean you will become a vegetable.

In Tate we trust

1 hour ago, StarStruck said:

Trying to eliminate suffering is like saying "let's eliminate gravity" which is retarded.

Trying to eliminate suffering is more like, "let us no longer be lost in ignorance and surrender to the infinite love of god and let us forget about all the miserable attempts to resist existence". That doesn't sound so dumb really. If fact a very wise move i would say.

Edited by Salvijus

20 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

Trying to eliminate suffering is more like, "let us no longer be lost in ignorance and surrender to the infinite love of god and let us forget about all the miserable attempts to resist existence". That doesn't sound so dumb really. If fact a very wise move i would say.

I agree and that is what I strive for too. 

You can surrender to gravity and to the laws of gravity(in fact you should) but you can’t eliminate gravity. 

But that is just my opinion. 

In Tate we trust