2. Sleep well

3. Breath well 

4. Move well 

5. Money well

6. Think well

7. Behave well

8. Trip well 

etc, you will suffer 

Waking up, is only a single line of development and there are others that matter. A well balanced life is the best antidote to suffering. Be well educated, take care of your mind, body and financials. 

If you want to end suffering, do as the Buddha says in the sense he says to study it objectively and develop a deep understanding of its root causes.The reality is to end suffering enlightenment is not the sole solution. 

Again you can be so awake to such a degree that you absolutely don't give a crap about your external physical condition.  Ramana Maharshi was dying from cancer and yet he didn't freak out .he was peaceful like a sleeping baby .

I agree though that that's pretty rare .but you definitely CAN get there .

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

Yes, being awake would eliminate your suffering completely and your existence would be pure joy, but no one is awake, some have awakening experiences, and then live in a semi-awake state, in which they perceive reality overshadowed by the unavoidable fact of being human.

@Someone here Sure, maybe it’s possible to be that “Awake”. But, don’t bet on it alone. Instead master living well. 

There are example of ordinary people who embrace their suffering and die well. I really don’t think that is a measurement for awakening as is discussed by Leo, or Actualized. There is a far bigger fish to fry: God.

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

16 minutes ago, Someone here said:

There’s no easy answer to this question. Are we our bodies, or something else? It’s a complex question that doesn’t have a simple answer. For me, I think we are both our bodies and something else. Our bodies are a part of who we are, but they are not the only thing that makes us who we are. There is also our mind, our soul, and our spirit. All of these things combined make us who we are.

did you wonder why realised people don't need anaesthetic to have surgery ... they dont made episodes about it on youtube either

Edited by gettoefl

1 minute ago, gettoefl said:

did you wonder why realised people don't need aesthetic to have surgery ... they dont made episodes about it on youtube either

Yeah but why? 

◭"89"

1 minute ago, Thought Art said:

Yeah but why? 

who are you going to ask

Just now, gettoefl said:

who are you going to ask

? Seal of Approval

◭"89"

14 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

There is a far bigger fish to fry: God.

God = infinite love.  That's the teaching of Actualized.org. 

18 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

Yes, being awake would eliminate your suffering completely and your existence would be pure joy, but no one is awake, some have awakening experiences, and then live in a semi-awake state, in which they perceive reality overshadowed by the unavoidable fact of being human.

Is permanent awakening possible? You seem to imply that awakening is a limited state of consciousness. What difference then between being awake and being high on Cocaine? 

-Osho

As someone who reached a level of awakening that involved quite literally enjoying intense physical pain, I can fairly confidently say no. Awakening will not Absolutely get rid of suffering, though it may recontextualize that suffering such that it is simultaneously felt as bliss. Still, suffering is a spectrum and there are levels of suffering biological humans are not capable of "Awakening beyond", Absolute Infinity necessitates this.

Even then, think about what truly awakening means, it means you no longer have a desire to not suffer, therefore you will eventually find yourself in a form that suffers, a form that isn't awake such that the suffering is recontextualized, a selfless form that is willing to suffer, even desiring to suffer.

Awakening is good for recontextualizing present-moment suffering such that it is less sufferable however.

@Someone here Yeah I agree that pain doesn't equal suffering. Pain is feeling sensations and suffering is thought.

Awakening (imo) isn't as black and white as being awake or not. There are degrees of awakeness and with that degrees of suffering that one identifies with. 

Depending what life your living there might be different levels of suffering. Compare an awake being living in a cave with someone like Jesus who was highly engaged in his community and also tried to change the power structures of society and being nail to the cross for it. He probably did experience suffering to a very high degree but does that mean he was less awakened than Ramana? I don't know. It's hard to say because they lived such different lives that it's hard to compare the two.

What I can say is that everyone will have a choice to make after enlightenment. Whether to isolate themselves (to various degrees) to connect to source and go further onto the continuum or engage in society and embrace the love aspect of awakening.

1 hour ago, Someone here said:

Is permanent awakening possible? 

In some degree, yes , but total awakening it is a state radically different from the normal state we are in. it requires the violence of psychedelics, which block areas of your brain and enhance others and magic... you realize the obvious. btw i just had a very hard experience with it, its a very complicated thing, mastering it is an art. 

do not confuse awakening with softening your ego, accepting reality and assuming stories of god and love 

think that you are built as a blocker, to be able to have this experience. reversing your build is not a game

Edited by Breakingthewall

14 minutes ago, WelcometoReality said:

@Someone here Yeah I agree that pain doesn't equal suffering. Pain is feeling sensations and suffering is thought.

Awakening (imo) isn't as black and white as being awake or not. There are degrees of awakeness and with that degrees of suffering that one identifies with. 

Depending what life your living there might be different levels of suffering. Compare an awake being living in a cave with someone like Jesus who was highly engaged in his community and also tried to change the power structures of society and being nail to the cross for it. He probably did experience suffering to a very high degree but does that mean he was less awakened than Ramana? I don't know. It's hard to say because they lived such different lives that it's hard to compare the two.

What I can say is that everyone will have a choice to make after enlightenment. Whether to isolate themselves (to various degrees) to connect to source and go further onto the continuum or engage in society and embrace the love aspect of awakening.

Interesting. Thanks for sharing. 

I think Self-Realized people don’t experience life reactively. They don’t mistake their personal preferences for how “life should be,” nor do they get upset when they are inconvenienced.

They experience non-reactivity, or bliss.

Bliss is what you experience when every other sensation dissolves. 

-Osho

4 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

do not confuse awakening with softening your ego, accepting reality and assuming stories of god and love 

think that you are built as a blocker, to be able to have this experience. reversing your build is not a game

Hmm. Intersting :) 

Could you elaborate a bit? 

I think enlightenment isn't difficult. It requires a lot of work, no doubt about that. But essentially you are deconstructing your false concepts and you accept not knowing and you go through the dark night of the soul. It can be tough like how it happened with Tolle. But you can also be born with the right genetics that makes you awake. All it did for Ramana was to face the fact that he Is gonna die someday. 

-Osho

Suffering is not natural

Suffering does not come from god or love

Get rid of everything that is not of god and truth. The end of suffering. Enlightenment.

Edited by Salvijus

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

5 minutes ago, CARDOZZO said:

I agree with him that you are not going to turn into super man all the sudden with miraculous cool superpowers.. But at the very least there must be a shift In how you relate to the world and to suffering. Because if enlightenment promises you nothing at all.. Then why pursue this? 

-Osho

6 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

Suffering is not natural

Suffering does not come from god or love

Well.. Since God/Love is all inclusive then suffering is God and love. 

8 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

Get rid of everything that is not of god and truth. The end of suffering. Enlightenment

Examples? 

-Osho

22 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Hmm. Intersting :) 

Could you elaborate a bit? 

I think enlightenment isn't difficult. It requires a lot of work, no doubt about that. But essentially you are deconstructing your false concepts and you accept not knowing and you go through the dark night of the soul. It can be tough like how it happened with Tolle. But you can also be born with the right genetics that makes you awake. All it did for Ramana was to face the fact that he Is gonna die someday. 

Well, from what I have experienced is an energetic issue. you are built as an energetic pattern that processes reality in a certain way. it is not enough to deconstruct beliefs, this paves the way, but nothing more. a good analogy is the movie matrix. Neo knows that he is in the matrix and that it is all an illusion, but when Agent Smith beats him up, he hurts and fears him. Matrix construction is like this. you take a psychedelic and with luck, it happens to you like neo, you see that Smith is code, he can't do anything to you. In the case of real awakening, you don't see codes, you see that reality is infinite and that you are, and not just that, you see that you are everything, absolute freedom. You see how you are creating this current experience right now. but be careful, it can happen to you as it happens to me many times, reality breaks down and only a dead void remains. what you are is a mystery, you are absolute existence. You cannot understand this with your mind, it has to manifest itself. You can do things to promote this manifestation, like take 5meo, but it doesn't have to happen. when it happens, it's obvious, but it's nothing you can rationalize. can you rationalize that you are the total existence that has not been originated? it does not make any sense.

Edited by Breakingthewall

@Someone here

To be honest, I’ll recommend this video of Leo that pretty much get the point of enlightenment.

You’ll get so conscious after enlightenment that “depression” and “suffering” will become another aspect of reality like a dog or a chair and not that bad thing that makes you cry.

It’ll hurt, but you can enjoy the suffering from another context.

Edited by CARDOZZO

Let us known when you are done awakening, we will stab you in the foot with a pitchfork, and you can tell us how you feel.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.