MsNobody

How to Stop Creativity?

31 posts in this topic

I've started a devotion practice 45 days ago where I do 22min of silent meditation, praying, mantra, ho'oponopono, tarot cards, in a very ritualistic way, I follow a lot of what shamanism does and asked for guidance from the animals who protect me, my ancestors and spirit guides. In those last weeks I did ayahuasca twice, I feel it working on me on the visceral level, taking care of a lot of my basics that I've denied and forgotten because I don't want to look at, in other words my darkness

This practice has changed my whole life, my connection to god and the divine is so deep and sharp, I'm amazed, I have a feeling of being guided, the divine is in everything I do, so I'm not making any mistakes, everything is divinely orchestrated. But I feel like I'm receiving too much insights and downloads with this new portal that was open, I feel like the meditation is making me more active instead of bring me peace.

I'm constantly thinking about creating new things, new videos (I have psychedelic integration coach and have a YT channel where I talk about psychedelics) but this is making me ungrounded, I'm overwhelmed with all the information, I just want to be a human lol and dont want to see (so openly) the mechanism of reality working.

I also started journaling which opened up a channel, I feel like I'm channeling when I write, like I'm just observing this creature create constantly, but in the level of the body I'm burned out and just want to relax. I might be working too much, I wonder if this is an excess of stage orange in me, if so how to integrate it in a more healthy way?

Another comment about the practice is that I found out the altar to be like a technology that connects me to the astral realm and to god. A tunnel of energy that I can tune in anytime I sit in front of it in silence. 

Sorry I wrote too much, I think the main question is how to stop this constantly creativity and live a more harmonious life?

Constructive feedbacks would be highly appreciated. xD

Thank you!

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so." Shakespeare

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCqtX3EPGsnmWjK76m5Vpbw

Whatever happens to you is given to you, and so you must lead your life. You're not the doer of your life, accept being a witness.

ONLY LEO IS AWAKE

@Jowblob I want to be a human BEING not a human DOING. 

I appreciate everything that comes to me, I just want to keep the health of my body in the process. Like Matt Kahn says, the body is the one who is in the spiritual journey, not the consciousness. I feel like the body evolves much slower than our consciousness. 

11 minutes ago, MsNobody said:

found out the altar to be like a technology that connects me to the astral realm and to god

That is literally the purpose of an altar in any shamanistic practice; what's there to find out?

Get grounded first and foremost. You seem to be flying very high at the moment - balance is necessary with these things. But that's to be expected since you've done Aya recently.

2 minutes ago, MsNobody said:

feel like the body evolves much slower than our consciousness

That is also literally the case 

Take it easy, you'll be fine 

@MsNobody

Ask yourself, why do I want to stop this flow of creativity? 

And don't settle for some superficial answer, go deep. 

And drop all the how's. The mind which is causing the trouble can't be the solution. Just observe, relax and get back to life, its not complicated. ?

Edited by PeaceOut96

@MsNobody

I personally love all the creativity that feels like it has opened up to me. It doesn’t feel draining to me, if anything that’s when I feel most energized.

You might just need to simply and slow things down a bit. See what is really necessary and what might just be unnecessary pressure you are putting on yourself. 

1 hour ago, MsNobody said:

@Jowblob I want to be a human BEING not a human DOING. 

I appreciate everything that comes to me, I just want to keep the health of my body in the process. Like Matt Kahn says, the body is the one who is in the spiritual journey, not the consciousness. I feel like the body evolves much slower than our consciousness. 

There is no want. It's like you being spawned as a form of god incarnate saying i don't want to be god/having these power. The incarnate has a choice to stop its heart and take a low conscious dream form , but you don't since you're dreaming as a low conscious form , god already constructed a movie for you where he can be unconscious  witness of all the events that he constructed for himself.

Edited by Jowblob

ONLY LEO IS AWAKE

Excess creativity, and excess activity in general, is often a way to escape. A way to get away from the here and now. I'm not saying it's your case, but it's a possibility. If this is so, it is a form of addiction, something that is used to cover up a dissonance, a source of anxiety. If this is so, the solution is to go deeper, understand. 

we're not ready for the real deep exploration until we get all of that sorted out

Edited by Breakingthewall

@Breakingthewall Yes I think it's a way of escaping, I noticed Im very dependent of my phone too. Today I turned it off and left home for the first time in ages. I want to slow down, I'm doing shadow work rn too, I think everything is coming up to the surface. I need to be more patient with myself.

Thank you

@MsNobody

Contemplate profoundly "What's the root of all this activity? (Creativity)". 

Also, why don't you try burn some energy? (Running, Gym, Crossfit, Boxing, BJJ) :D 

When I went through a period of feeling very overwhelmed a few years back, I'd simply ask myself, 'What do I need right now?' - maybe I just needed to go for a walk around the block, do some breathing exercises or yoga, listen to some music, or whatever. I think it's especially important to tune into your needs and to practise self-care when you're feeling overwhelmed or ungrounded, otherwise you could really spiral. Maybe you just need to take a break from it all and chill out for a while, just to let things settle down, because pushing yourself too hard ends up being counter-productive.

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan

@CARDOZZO Yes, that is a good point. I've been having problems with my body and stopped working out completely, it's the first time that I can't rely on my mind to help me process the energy. I'm working on that now. Just dancing instead of work out. Thank you for your comment 

@RickyFitts Yes, I've been spiraling for a while. Ayahuasca gave me this same insight you told me, to pay attention to my body, to be gentle with myself. It's a lot of work when I'm used to go full speed all the time. Reminder to slow things down. Thank you for your comment!

I would recommend running or some muscle exercises. Very grounding.

If you like rituals you could really focus on eating food. Absorb the stable energy it gives. Contemplate the element of earth when eating or lying down. How stable it is. Find earth within you. The deep peace of mountains. 

Also maybe a controversial advice but I know for some people smoking some tobacco can be grounding.

Also remember that you can stop your rituals. You can regroup, balance, rest, let yourself be sunk into daily human bullshit again a little bit lovingly, and when you are ready you will come back stronger.

All will be well.

:x

In the Vast Expanse everything that arises is Lively Awakened Awareness.

@MsNobody what happens if you sit in the sofa. Take a couple of deep breaths and don't do anything.. what feelings come up?

Edited by WelcometoReality
Tpyo

Create a solution. If you want to stop certain actions and thoughts, stop generating them. As has been mentioned, you could stop all that for a time and take up a relaxing practice, or simply by doing nothing for three or four days. Maybe consider taking some supplements like CBD oil, melatonin, L-theanine. Take naps and cold showers, exercise, make sure your diet is whole foods, plant based, reduce added sugars and caffeine, replace with green or chamomile tea. Read a book for five hours, meditate. See what works.

@MsNobody  A few ways to reduce, and even stop creativity, although creativity can't be 'stopped' you can suddenly reduce it such that it flows very slowly. First this one's solid:

22 minutes ago, UnbornTao said:

Create a solution. If you want to stop certain actions and thoughts, stop generating them. As has been mentioned, you could stop all that for a time and take up a relaxing practice, or simply by doing nothing for three or four days. Maybe consider taking some supplements like CBD oil, melatonin, L-theanine. Take naps and cold showers, exercise, make sure your diet is whole foods, plant based, reduce added sugars and caffeine, replace with green or chamomile tea. Read a book for five hours, meditate. See what works.

For me, if I want to reduce anything I run an NLP(neuro-linguistic programming) techniques for reframing, reducing, distorting, deleting, generalizing, or even transforming feelings of negativity, but instead change the target to the creative feeling that's overflowing. Typically abstaining from a bad habit works, and can also work for other habits. Basically stop the actions that are over generating your creativity.