FourCrossedWands

Your all time favorite movie?

28 posts in this topic

My heart. 

This is an old film from 2006.

Edited by Sabth

One is so impossible to chose...

So I'll cheat and make it to 5, sorry

Stalker : incredibly spiritual movie that has a very specific sense of time (it's around 3 hours and veeery slow at times, but that's part of the point, introspection etc)

I rewatch it once a year, and it still feels like a mystical experience to me,

I wouldn't recommend it to a lot of people tho.

Everything everywere all once : The balance between absurdly funny, action, mystical and basic human relationships is so good.

If makes me cry to twice in theaters. Rare that a film can touch my soul so deeply on existential matters. Can't wait to rewatch it.

Whiplash : The raw anger and competitivity ends up in a non-conventional explosive finale that leaves you on edge.

Kids return : Incredibly nostalgic japanese movie from Kitano. Not nostalgic as in, namedrop/copying the past like they do today, more like, people reflecting back on their lives. Sad with a smile.

And eeer...the latest movie might be a Tarantino movie but not sure which one. Or maybe a Kurosawa one.

Marvel ant man is pretty good. it's like a science movie where a man turned into an ant.

4 hours ago, hyruga said:

Marvel ant man is pretty good. it's like a science movie where a man turned into an ant.

Should’ve been Namatn

Edited by Yimpa

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

Comet

No space, no time, nothing but you/this/here/now

I don't know if it's my favourite film ever but 12 Angry Men is really good. It's old and black and white but it doesn't matter.

The idea that an entire movie could be set inside a single small room and still be incredibly engaging is really impressive.

Interstellar and the Pirates of the Caribbean

Edited by Understander