bloomer

Why do you work?

43 posts in this topic

Why support a society that rewards you with nothing. Life is for enjoying. Not for slaving away for a shit system designed to exploit you and entrap you in endless debt so you're forced to work for your banking political elite. It's modern day feudalism. They siphon all the tax money to themselves, bail out their friends award subsidizes to their buddies, line their pockets when hard workers in construction, agriculture, factories etc… struggle to get by with broken backs. Just because a lot of us didn't get a college scam degree doesn't mean we should have to break our backs and suffer indignities for a barely liveable salary for the rest of our lives. Shit needs to change. Only the wealthy get to enjoy life and their money makes them money. Where everyone else just works as slaves to make them wealthier. The only carrot they have is the bare minimum pittance to keep the work horse prodding along and that's no longer working. Obviously you can't expect to make six figures doing customer service or some other low level entry bullshit ass job. BUT STILL the conditions are worse now and fucking boomers flipping burgers as teens made enough money PART-TIME at the minimum wage to rent two-bedroom apartments. Working full-time today requires you have roommates at best. There is no "just work harder!" solution.

Civilisation has dangled the carrot in front of the worker mules for so long that it forgot to give the mules some basic feed to keep it going.

Just because society is fucked and there is no carrot, instead an endless stick, whacking people and burying them in debt. A lot of people who complain about having to work also never seem to want to do anything else meaningful with their lives. Neets always brag about being able to sit around and play video games but never talk about doing anything to improve their lives with all of their free time. Just seems like wasting their life in a different form out of spite and laziness. You shouldn't be some bum wasting your life on bullshit. You should work and when you work you should because you 1 enjoy what you do, and 2 to support a necessary and important industry. Obviously being good at your job and like most things if you are good at something you enjoy doing that gives you an immense sense of satisfaction on a daily basis. Work is good what isn't good is being exploited and working for a shit system. Going without the important satisfaction of being competent and skilled in a job can cause a lot of distress. But when working hard gets you nowhere. You earn your living, and the cost of living keeps outpacing your earnings. Owning a house goes from a couple years away to out of reach in a very short period time. It's rational to be demotivated. It's also rational to sidestep the scam that is college education.

1623852935080.jpg

Yeah I realize looking back after a day I wrote an essay here which is probably why no one has replied lol. So tl;dr

Why do you work?

How do you deal with work demotivation?

Is working and paying taxes just a scam?

CLEAN IT UP.jpg

@bloomer I absolutely despise work. Work just never worked for me. I don't see the point in it either. At least working for someone else.

But then again, if I left society and the government behind, I would actually end up having to work more. Regarding taxes: imagine you get into an accident, can't move and don't have any rescuers risk their lifes to save you.

It's not a scam. For some people, they really need to work to put food on the table and lead a decent life.

For me, luckily I still have some funds that can last me 20 years or so. I still work and am trying to compound the money with interest. I am not rich like Leo though.

Edited by hyruga

Primarily to make a living.

Ideally you'd want to turn what you like (your life purpose) into your career or business.

But yeah, you work primarily in order to be able to buy groceries, rent an apartment, own a car and computer, be able to travel, buy books, etc. If you don't, it'll be harder for you to fulfill these needs -- by hunting your food, building your own shelter, etc. Not very practical for my needs and wants.

You can also live austerely and reduce your expenses so that the need to work is reduced. You'll gain time but lose some capacity to buy stuff you'd probably want (smartphone, internet, car, console, various services, etc).

Edited by UnbornTao

On 3.1.2023 at 3:06 PM, bloomer said:

1623852935080.jpg

That's hilarious: I remember watching The Incredibles as a child, and I think that scene alone shaped how I view work for the rest of my life ?

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

@bloomer  For the 10 Gs baby! For the grind, for the loot, for the EXP and leveling up! FOR THE CHOPPING OF WOOD AND CARRYING WATER! THERE'S NOTHING ELSE BUT THIS!!!

I feel you. 

I just try to save as much as possible in corporate world while trying to maintain non-attachment and non-serious approach. After having enough saving to be able to cover for food and shelter lets say for 10 years I will quit and live a spontaneous happy life.

If I would want to travel, then I would work at some gig job just enough to save for the trip. I think intentional work for some specific purpose is less taxing than a "career". After 10 years we will see what happens. If I die after those 10 years, I will be satisfied for having lived a full life, but I doubt it would get that bad.

When you have no attachment good, creative shit happens. Hopefully through those 10 years I will make enough friends to host me to my old days. But that works for me because my materialistic needs are really low. Also when you don't have kids it is not that difficult to survive. You could work 6 months to save money, and then live 6 months freely and so on. 

2.PNG

In the Vast Expanse everything that arises is Lively Awakened Awareness.

4 hours ago, hyruga said:

It's not a scam. For some people, they really need to work to put food on the table and lead a decent life.

For me, luckily I still have some funds that can last me 20 years or so. I still work and am trying to compound the money with interest. I am not rich like Leo though.

How did you get the funds? Inheritance? If you don't mind me asking.

In the Vast Expanse everything that arises is Lively Awakened Awareness.

@meta_male

I honestly wish to be the kind of guy to leave society behind and live in a log cabin, undetermined as of now if I want to shove my face in a wood chipper and then kill hitch hikers with an axe kind of solo guy cabin in the woods. Nor any Unaboming. I can handle myself hopefully without the need of aid. 

@hyruga

It's a scam for what you have to do to get that food on the table.

@UnbornTao

Austerity it is for me. Times the one thing you can't get back. Time spent doing what you hate is far more expensive than whatever crapple iphone 69 costs.

@Danioover9000

Don't worry so I will be getting a lot of XP chopping up hitchhikers and carrying their bodies to my wood chipper in my comfy log cabin ?. This is a joke btw I do not plan on killing people, yet. Also a joke, maybe. Who knows I could actually be a psychopath serial killer. 

@Arthogaan

On 1/4/2023 at 6:16 PM, Arthogaan said:

When you have no attachment good, creative shit happens. Hopefully through those 10 years I will make enough friends to host me to my old days. But that works for me because my materialistic needs are really low.

Awesome dude and that quote at the bottom you attached is EXACTLY what I'm saying. It's even more of a scam when you don't even get to fucking retire. 

Also pic below is a peep hole to check if the wagies are on their phones while shitting. Can't have them checking their phone while pooping ON THE COMPANY DIME!!!

best not be on your phone wagie.jpg

On 1/5/2023 at 2:19 AM, Arthogaan said:

How did you get the funds? Inheritance? If you don't mind me asking.

Mainly from property gains, investments and forced savings.

I work in retail right now, basically recovering a clothing store all the time. It's pretty fun to just fold clothes that people don't put back and bag their new stuff. I'm not miserable because I just fall in love with the hot people who walk in. And I get paid to just be nice and fold clothes and open up dressing rooms. Pretty cool, better than my past jobs. 

I worked at In-N-Out as my previous job for about $3.50 more per hour than where I work now. Not worth it. The food is terrible for you daily and the energy is stressful. You wear pathetic outfits and you feel really stupid and ugly.

I'm currently studying to be an EMT, maybe a paramedic eventually. It just sounds fun to do. It feels like a good service to reality and others? I literally get to embody enlightenment every day without having to be bleached by humanity's stupid ethical standards? Sign me up.

I hope you can have a positive experience expressing your efforts to society in the future.

we are literally God's name, continuously pronouncing.

Society rewards you with many things which you are too ignorant to understand or appreciate.

Nobody is stopping you from creating massive value. You are just too incompetent to do so. And your political narratives are just an excuse from confronting your own incompentence.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 hours ago, KH2 said:

But most people can't be competent. And most people aren't capable of creating unique, massive value for society. And even amongst those who can, many of them probably won't make it. Society doesn't raise and condition people towards excellence, but towards being a good little machine. And most dreams are not accomplished and will not come to fruition.

Most people are forced to live dull, empty lives to survive

Not that there is anything wrong with working, of course. I also have a job, since I'm not skillfull and established enough to make real money from the field I want. I'm just saying how it is for most people

Exactly, great comment. 

1 hour ago, KH2 said:

Society doesn't raise and condition people towards excellence,

You ARE society. Society cannot do anything unless you create it first.

Some day you need to realize that society owes you nothing, not even life.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

If you use the law of big data and practice as long as it takes to do a market analysis right and to learn skills you will have some success as long as your iq isnt under 80 and you dont live in an 3rd world country and are able to create a supporting environment and manage it to overcome your demons with willpower.

You can derive it from simple logic

Left means not right

I think we can break this system by creating free products and services and inspiring others to do the same. Eventually we won't need money anymore. 

I left this forum because a moderator has a problem with me talking positively about myself and giving advice. This reflects the forum as a whole. This place is negative, bitter, hateful and anti success. If you don't notice this that's because you're one of them. I hope some of you benefited from my posts. Take care.

the need to create massive value is very materialistic, as if you could measure it objectively and quantify for each individual, a critique of Marxism is that they assume every human creates the same value, which is untrue, but what is true is what is valuable to society may not be valuable to each individual, another word for value is love, and what i love and the love i create should be unique to me, and i just dont jive with this attitude of create it or else, life is spontaneous and like others in this thread have said, society isnt built to facilitate massive value creation and the world doesnt need more jeff bezos or bill gates, the world needs authentic individuals who honor their authentic likes talents and abilities, who gives a shit if someone is a barista or playing video games all day, they aint hurting anyone, they dont need to be on some great mission, and really how could you tell, that barista could be more awake than you. I truly think the more wise you get the less "massive value" you feel compelled to make and it either comes naturally or you "go with the flow"  

who will the followers be if we all become leaders? who will help you with your dreams if each person has their own? I mean just think about it, It sounds sexy if we were all just highly creative individuals, answered to no one, were completely self sufficient and mastered survival, but that ideal sounds more utopian than anything marx ever wrote. society is a balance and a give and take, work isnt effective if you are forced, coerced, desperate, or have no other options but to do it, there needs to be some higher purpose than survival in an ideal society.

im not against creating massive value, but just very skeptical that it can be quantified in an objective way and then to judge and value people on their ability to meet that goal seems very childish to me, sure you can say im just trying to justify my incompetence, but clearly Im not in love with society and the way it "works" and honestly there needs to be Vanaprastha, any healthy society allows people to go their own way, 

i could just as easily say society is using politics to justify its selfishness and greediness and wage slavery

society doesnt owe me anything, but in turn neither do I owe it anything.