Onecirrus

Andrew Tate Arrested

988 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Nilsi said:

Are the Pyramids of Gizeh not stunning? Or the Cologne Cathedral? What about the Parthenon?

All built by slaves

Pyramids were not built by slaves. Not sure that cathedrals or Parthenon was either.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Nilsi

2 hours ago, Nilsi said:

Are the Pyramids of Gizeh not stunning? Or the Cologne Cathedral? What about the Parthenon?

All built by slaves and peasants with hundreds and thousands of poor people dying - yet we can look at these historical sites in awe and reverie; while still acknowledging that we wouldn't want to trade positions with the poor bastards that had to be sacrificed.

I'm going to sound pretty terrible, but yes I find in those sites beauty in those artworks and constructions. It's amazing, yet I admit I don't have full awareness of what it really took and costed, and honestly don't care too much, other than to side step any situation of ever making these.

I especially love Berserk, for it's great artwork and visuals, and tackling mature themes, spirituality and metaphysics, existentialism, Nihilism and facing cosmic horror. It 's gives me both awe, but also horror and I wouldn't want to be in the eclipse either.

4 hours ago, Jodistrict said:

In the video he says that he is an atheist.  But now he is reading the Koran.  How can this be solid advice with such variability in opinion depending on the date?  And the advice on caring for yourself is just growing up and being an adult.  By his own admissions, we know that anything he says is going to be to further his own interest.  

Lying and manipulating has always come easy to him. Watch his appearance on Ultimate Traveller.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

2 minutes ago, musicandmath111 said:

You respect the guy who tells you that no one gives a fuck about you. Can you see how paradoxical this is?

Is he lying?

Edited by StarStruck

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Pyramids were not built by slaves. Not sure that cathedrals or Parthenon was either.

Cathedrals were built by highly skilled and very expensive workers

2 hours ago, Vrubel said:

Cathedrals were built by highly skilled and very expensive workers

That's what I thought.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Not all ancient structures like the Pyramids of Giza, the Parthenon, and cathedrals were built by slaves. Some were built by skilled workers and craftsmen who were paid for their labor. However, it's true that in some cases, forced labor was used, particularly during times of war or as a form of punishment. For example, it's believed that some of the workers who built the Pyramids of Giza were conscripted laborers. However, the exact nature of their labor and status is still the subject of much debate among historians.

From ChatGPT.

Regardless of which structure was built by whom, you get my point, no? - in any case it were the peasants that built this as monuments to the king/emperor/ruler's power.

Edited by Nilsi

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

Saying that Andrew Tate doesn't care about his followers is like saying Elon Musk doesn't care about the minions that build his rockets - it's obvious they are not philanthropists and just need manpower to actualize their vision; whether that vision is compelling to you or not is a different matter.

As far as exploitation goes, I wouldn't be so quick to throw this word around. The only people that got exploited in Tate's scheme were the guys that got seduced by the camgirls - a rather negligible sacrifice, if you ask me.

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

4 hours ago, Nilsi said:

Saying that Andrew Tate doesn't care about his followers is like saying Elon Musk doesn't care about the minions that build his rockets - it's obvious they are not philanthropists and just need manpower to actualize their vision; whether that vision is compelling to you or not is a different matter.

As far as exploitation goes, I wouldn't be so quick to throw this word around. The only people that got exploited in Tate's scheme were the guys that got seduced by the camgirls - a rather negligible sacrifice, if you ask me.

The crucial thing is what are the main drivers and what is the end goal of a person. In Musks case he wants to advance the world in what he believes is the best way, electric cars, rockets etc. He's obviously not doing it for the money as he's already got more money than he could ever spend and also there would be much more easier ways to make money than what he does. He does want power and influence but that's more likely to allow him to complete his goals. 

With Tate if you look at all his interests there is no higher goal it's simply to amass as much money and power as is possible. So when you say 'actualise their vision', that is his vision. That's fine if people want to support that and help him do that, but the whole point is that he is manipulating people because he makes people think that he does care about them when in actuality manipulating people IS how he's achieving his goal. He needs them to follow him and he also needs their money. 

This has been a constant through his life. The cam girl business is literally him pretending (as he himself says) to love women and then manipulating them to make him money, which he gets by manipulating guys to fall in love with the girls and then using more manipulative tactics to milk as much money from them as possible. This is exploitation on exploitation, this is Tates true skill and this is what amassed his fortune. Why would he just stop at that, he's using those some skills and using it on a different demographic, young men. He's giving them exactly what they want and getting as much money as they can give, its the same thing. Musk is not even close to this, people work with Musk knowing upfront what he's trying to do, whether he's a good boss or not is another question, but Tate is completely different

17 hours ago, Nilsi said:

I don't understand his conversion either. That's when he broke character and surrendered his will to power - which is a shame.

Maybe his jail sentence is God's punishment for him chickening out? :ph34r:

He isn't concerned about being edgy ? He is all about the Chess moves.

1 hour ago, Carl-Richard said:

He isn't concerned about being edgy ? He is all about the Chess moves.

He might not have been conscious of his Nietzschean metaphysics, but with his conversion he certainly surrendered them.

Im sure he did this to appeal to the Muslims and position himself as their posterboy, but this was ultimately a self-destructive move; hes now in a moral schism and doesnt really know whats up and down anymore. He could have died happy without ever bowing to anyone, but this ship has now sailed.

I dont think hes faking it btw - he might have had a vested interest in his conversion, but his faith seems to be genuine.

Edited by Nilsi

4 hours ago, Consept said:

With Tate if you look at all his interests there is no higher goal it's simply to amass as much money and power as is possible. So when you say 'actualise their vision', that is his vision. That's fine if people want to support that and help him do that, but the whole point is that he is manipulating people because he makes people think that he does care about them when in actuality manipulating people IS how he's achieving his goal. He needs them to follow him and he also needs their money. 

Beauty is a higher goal. An artist actualizes "their vision" - do you call that selfish and degenerate? Or could it be that this is actually a noble pursuit?

We can discuss how much should be sacrificed in the name of beauty, but if we can not agree that art is not limited to a canvas, this conversation will go nowhere.

You think Im joking, but Im not.

Everyone is quick to surrender beauty in the name of ethics, but consider the opposite and everyone loses their shit.

Of course the ideal is to find a synthesis between both beauty and goodness and Im open to that possibility, but you will  always face crossroads in life where you have to make triage decisions - but you dont want to contemplate that of course.

Edited by Nilsi

@Nilsi

13 minutes ago, Nilsi said:

He might not have been conscious of his Nietzschean metaphysics, but with his conversion he certainly surrendered them.

Im sure he did this to appeal to the Muslims and position himself as their posterboy, but this was ultimately a self-destructive move; hes now in a moral schism and doesnt really know whats up and down anymore. He could have died happy without ever bowing to anyone, but this ship has now sailed.

I dont think hes faking it btw - he might have had a vested interest in his conversion, but his faith seems to be genuine.

Still questionable if he's faking this conversion to becoming a Muslim. Even though it depends on stages of development, cognitive and moral development, personality typing, ego development, states, life experiences and other lines of development per area of mastery and life, and the ideologies indoctrinated into you from birth and upbringing. Andrew Tate's ego development seems like an Opportunist, and that ego type will say and do anything that is deceptive to manipulate and leverage any benefits to their self interests first and foremost, damn the others.

Andrew Tate is now mostly untrustworthy. If he feels fine abusing and pimping young women for his OnlyFans biz, and scamming men, there's little moral integrity. That's it.

8 hours ago, Nilsi said:

What is Tates "higher vision” lol ? He doesn’t provide value. If anything he provides negative value. The guys that follow him become ignorant retards and the guys he exploits become bitter and resentful. 

1 minute ago, Danioover9000 said:

@Nilsi

Still questionable if he's faking this conversion to becoming a Muslim. Even though it depends on stages of development, cognitive and moral development, personality typing, ego development, states, life experiences and other lines of development per area of mastery and life, and the ideologies indoctrinated into you from birth and upbringing. Andrew Tate's ego development seems like an Opportunist, and that ego type will say and do anything that is deceptive to manipulate and leverage any benefits to their self interests first and foremost, damn the others.

Andrew Tate is now mostly untrustworthy. If he feels fine abusing and pimping young women for his OnlyFans biz, and scamming men, there's little moral integrity. That's it.

The point is that he wants to offload his conscience to some other - God - instead of keeping his eyes on the price; more power.

So which is it now? God is dead, or no? You cant have it both ways.

3 minutes ago, Jannes said:

What is Tates "higher vision” lol ? He doesn’t provide value. If anything he provides negative value. The guys that follow him become ignorant retards and the guys he exploits become bitter and resentful. 

What value does a work of art provide? Or a novel? Or philosophy? Or a movie? It inspires you, makes you dream and makes you feel emotions you didnt feel before. This is why exceptional people are an end in themselves; precisely because they are so unusual and rarefied.

36 minutes ago, Nilsi said:

To be truly selfish, you cannot give yourself to any one philosophy. That would be to give yourself to something outside yourself. If Tate is truly the power God, he would switch the moment it becomes pragmatic to do so.