Onecirrus

Andrew Tate Arrested

988 posts in this topic

When will the coin drop? 

You say "everyone can proclaim themselves an exceptional man, be above the law and ethical guidelines and fearlessly impose their will on the world" 

- yeah, right, buddy. Unless you are extremely shrewd and self-righteous, you would quickly start to lose your sanity and come crawling back to your fellow sheep, pleading with them that you will do whatever they say is right and good, if only they accept you back into the security and warmth of the herd. 

Is that not whats really going on?

Edited by Nilsi

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

Deal with the conclusions that your system would create and bite the bullets that you need to bite and don't dance around.

5 minutes ago, zurew said:

Deal with the conclusions that your system would create and bite the bullets that you need to bite and don't dance around.

There is no "my system." We are talking metaphysics here.

You think Im making this shit up? Im simply telling you how power works - and all of this would be obvious to you, if you werent such a fucking sheep.

Edited by Nilsi

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

10 minutes ago, Nilsi said:

if you werent such a fucking sheep.

"I am so brave, I am willing to break the law and I am willing to proclaim myself as an exceptional man" - said by every lunatic criminal.

10 minutes ago, Nilsi said:

There is no "my system." We are talking metaphysics here.

This is a copout, so you don't need to deal with the negative consequences of you ethical system. Obviously you are arguing in favour of your idea of morals and you would prefer if it would be applied all across the world. 

If you are just here to virtue signal how brave you are, and you don't want to change the current ethics to your preffered ethics, and you are not willing to actually defend your system, then you are just wasting everyones time here.

7 hours ago, Nilsi said:

There is no conflict if I don't believe in the ethics.

If I secretly thought everyone should act according to the CI and then break it, there would be conflict. But if I don't believe in it in the first place, why would there be conflict? 

That is only what you tell yourself consciously. The conflict can be unconscious. Ethics is more fundamental than propositional beliefs. You have cognitive functions that concern ethics. That's your conscience. Your propositional beliefs are only the tip of the iceberg.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

16 minutes ago, zurew said:

"I am so brave, I am willing to break the law and I am willing to proclaim myself as an exceptional man" - said by every lunatic criminal.

This is a copout, so you don't need to deal with the negative consequences of you ethical system. Obviously you are arguing in favour of your idea of morals and you would prefer if it would be applied all across the world. 

If you are just here to virtue signal how brave you are, and you don't want to change the current ethics to your preffered ethics, and you are not willing to actually defend your system, then you are just wasting everyones time here.

Its not my ethical system! for fucks sake.

All Im really telling you is that if you follow the categorical imperative, you will get one result; and if you belief yourself to be an exception to the rule, you will get a different result. None of this should be so surprising or hard to understand - unless you actively dont want to understand it. 

You can stay a slave and sedate yourself with your utopian fantasies for all eternity; you can moralize and virtue signal till youre blue in the face - none of this changes the reality that there are people out there going after it, taking themselves and their life serious and asserting their will on the world! - the world you live in.

Edited by Nilsi

6 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

That is only what you tell yourself consciously. The conflict can be unconscious. Ethics is more fundamental than propositional beliefs. You have cognitive functions that concern ethics. That's your conscience. Your propositional beliefs are only the tip of the iceberg.

I understand. 

Are you not open to the possibility that there might be no conflict?

Edited by Nilsi

3 minutes ago, Nilsi said:

if you follow the categorical imperative, you will get one kind of result; and if you belief yourself to be an exception to the rule, you will get a different result

Obviously if you are willing to break the rules, you will have a massive advantage over people who are emphatetic enough to not break certain rules.

But breaking the rules and procaliming yourself as exceptional won't make you exceptional at all, unless your bar is super low, but if your bar is that low, then the word exceptional automatically lose its meaning.

4 minutes ago, Nilsi said:

None of this should be so surprising or hard to understand - unless you actively dont want to understand me. 

You don't get to posture yourself as being braive by having certain morals and at the same time shitting on people who disagree with your morals and labeling them as peasants and  sheep and get surprised when your feet is hold to the fire.

1 hour ago, Nilsi said:

I understand. 

Are you not open to the possibility that there might be no conflict?

The conflict might be extremely buried and practically unsalvageable, like for some lifelong psychopaths, but for others, the conflict is much more cerebral and reversible.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Just now, Carl-Richard said:

The conflict might be extremely burried and practically unsalvageable, like for some lifelong psychopaths, but for others, the conflict is much more cerebral and easily reversible.

I dont know what youre talking about. 

Is it not a legitimate question, whether your moral imperative is to strive for greatness and power and assert your will on the world, or whether you should be humble and "know your place?"

Its not obvious at all to me, which is actually the nobler (and which is the more dysfunctional, for that matter) path to follow and since none of you are giving any input besides some lame moral plattitudes, Ill just keep going forward with my strongest foot. 

Im always open to have my mind changed by good arguments, but those are nowhere to be found.

@Nilsi

The arguments are nowhere to be found because your mind is not open to them and you seem to be avoiding the questions that push your ideas. 

The point everyone is making is very simple, we asked you what makes an exceptional man because you said an exceptional man should be allowed to assert their will on the world regardless of outcome. Your only criteria for an exceptional man is that they are able to assert they are such. This doesnt really describe an exceptional man because it would also include someone who was delusional, as in the criteria for a professional scientist can not just be that they assert it for example. 

So the question you don't want to answer is what actually makes an exceptional man in the real world? Yes if you assert it to yourself you can be exceptional in your own head but that will need lead you to be able to assert any will on the world. 

Please just answer plainly 

1 hour ago, Consept said:

@Nilsi

Yes if you assert it to yourself you can be exceptional in your own head but that will need lead you to be able to assert any will on the world. 

Please just answer plainly 

The problem is that you are intellectually bankrupt and unable to understand my argument.

My definition is precisely that an exceptional man is one who is able to assert their will on the world! - Im obviously not talking about affirming some mantra to myself.

Im not here to judge what kind of will or vision you should have, thats completely missing the point.

1 hour ago, Consept said:

@Nilsi The point everyone is making is very simple, we asked you what makes an exceptional man because you said an exceptional man should be allowed to assert their will on the world regardless of outcome.  

An exceptional man doesn't need your allowance to assert his will - I never suggested such a thing.

48 minutes ago, Nilsi said:

The problem is that you are intellectually bankrupt and unable to understand my argument.

My definition is precisely that an exceptional man is one who is able to assert their will on the world! - Im obviously not talking about affirming some mantra to myself.

Im not here to judge what kind of will or vision you should have, thats completely missing the point.

@Nilsi

ok cool so your definition is any man that can exert his will on the world is exceptional. So in theory if they can't impose their will because they do something illegal and go to prison, by definition they wouldn't be exceptional right?

Also what if someone's true will is to not enforce their will despite being capable of it, wouldnt that make them exceptional as well?

A rapist certainly asserts his will on the world.

And then the world asserts its will on him.

You could not get a better lesson in karma.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

4 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

A rapist certainly asserts his will on the world.

And then the world asserts its will on him.

You could not get a better lesson in karma.

You are very much like this as well.

You never took shit from other people and just went full steam ahead with your vision.

Its arguable how many people you have traumatized and damaged along the way - yet I dont sit here and moralize to you what a bad person you are.

19 minutes ago, Nilsi said:

You never took shit from other people and just went full steam ahead with your vision.

How dare you compare my vision with a sex trafficking scammer.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

3 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

How dare you compare my vision with a sex trafficking scammer.

HoW dArE yOu!

Im not comparing your vision to that of a sex trafficking scammer. Im comparing your self-righteousness and will to power to that of Andrew Tate.

Dont be such a drama queen.

@Nilsi

I think you are interested mainly in the idea if exerting your will on the world. I do get this and it is an important factor in terms of a child becoming an adult and also becoming self actualized, it's essential in fact. I can also understand the holding it above all other things, if you once felt powerless, the idea of having your own individual power to do as you will can be captivating. This is really Tates target, he wants to seem like he is empowering those that feel powerless, he identified this need and capitalises on it. 

But that shouldn't blind someone to hold anyone who exerts their will on the world in high regard, there should be more discernment than that of course. You can respect Pablo escobars determination and ruthlessness but you can also see that what he did was not right and he left a long trail of victims. Being an exceptional man can not really include intentionally harming people to fulfil selfish desires. If you want a simple definition that being exceptional is just exerting your will on the world regardless of consequences then that is your definition, but it is a very shallow one. 

Side note I found this talk on Tate quite interesting

Edited by Consept

36 minutes ago, Consept said:

But that shouldn't blind someone to hold anyone who exerts their will on the world in high regard, there should be more discernment than that of course. You can respect Pablo escobars determination and ruthlessness but you can also see that what he did was not right and he left a long trail of victims. Being an exceptional man can not really include intentionally harming people to fulfil selfish desires.

If I want to explain the concept of a car to you, I dont mention the brand, color, size or whatever of the car; and Im not concerned with whether you can and should use this car as a getaway car for a bank robbery, or drive over your neighbors cat, or whatever. - Im just concerned with explaining what a car is to you. 

And if cars are rare and some maverick happens to be driving by in his car, I will naturally point to that car and tell you that that is in fact a car.

36 minutes ago, Consept said:

@Nilsi If you want a simple definition that being exceptional is just exerting your will on the world regardless of consequences then that is your definition, but it is a very shallow one. 

It is far from shallow, its actually very profound when you understand the significance and implications of this in the larger context of morality. 

Edited by Nilsi