r0ckyreed

USA Lawmakers Introduce Bill To Ban TikTok in USA

37 posts in this topic

https://www.cnn.com/2022/12/13/tech/tiktok-ban-bill/index.html

This is liberalism and conservatism in action.  

I personally air on the conservative side because I think TikTok has done nothing but lower the IQ and work ethic of its active users.  There is a reason why it is called TikTok ("Tick tock" your life clock).  However, the bill seems to be more about the potential for national security breaches.

What are your thoughts about this? Should we be more lax about social media or should we be strict?

Edited by r0ckyreed

All Teachers and Teachings are delusion. You have all the answers within you. The first step on the journey to Enlightenment is questioning all the beliefs and teachings you have ever received. Teachers/Teachings are a distraction/maya at the highest level. There comes a point where you need to trust in your own innate knowledge and derive your own insights into the nature of reality. Teachers make a living and lifestyle of selling you water by the river. You don’t need them. All you need is an insatiable desire for truth and then seriously contemplate reality and uncover all that is false. 

I don't know what the solution is but something needs to be done about the way social media works because it's responsible for degrading not only our culture but democracy itself.

hrhrhtewgfegege

3 minutes ago, Roy said:

I don't know what the solution is but something needs to be done about the way social media works because it's responsible for degrading not only our culture but democracy itself.

Don't you think that was the right thing to do? 

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

You have to get out of the kitchen where Tate's energy exists ~ Tyler Robinson 

Seems unlikely to me this will pass. Too radical a move and too many people who benefit from tiktok. But if it does pass, I won’t cry about it.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2022/12/13/tik-tok-utah-china/

I am not so sure what to think about the issue anymore. It gets complex because where is the line between safety and tyranny? People should have some freedoms. If alcohol and weed are legal, then why make TikTok illegal? You would need to apply the same logic across the board and that would look tyrannical. 

All Teachers and Teachings are delusion. You have all the answers within you. The first step on the journey to Enlightenment is questioning all the beliefs and teachings you have ever received. Teachers/Teachings are a distraction/maya at the highest level. There comes a point where you need to trust in your own innate knowledge and derive your own insights into the nature of reality. Teachers make a living and lifestyle of selling you water by the river. You don’t need them. All you need is an insatiable desire for truth and then seriously contemplate reality and uncover all that is false. 

10 hours ago, r0ckyreed said:

I personally air on the conservative side because I think TikTok has done nothing but lower the IQ and work ethic of its active users.

I think that if one wants to lower their IQ and work ethic, they will find a way.

Other social media platforms such as Instagram or Youtube have already implemented their response to the Tik Tok format anyway -- reels, YT shorts, etc.. Same thing, basically.

I don't know what the answer is. Personally I would like Tik Tok to be banned but who am I to say what others can and cannot do.

Edited by Sincerity

First huawei and now this. I thought we are globalized. It turns out to be it's my data vs yours.

What is the point of cockblocking certain information or data? Who benefits from that...

9/11 changed the  definition of national security  and now the new informations are national security breach...

If you are not subscribed to certain narrative you are a national security breach. Gotta love national security club.

When they gonna reset the economy and replace it with centralized coins they will justify it as national security.

Politics is like a child commiting ''suicide'' from balcony because he thinks hes a Pokemon. Maybe he is a pokemon? not a pile of meat?

Politics is creation.

@r0ckyreed

12 hours ago, r0ckyreed said:

https://www.cnn.com/2022/12/13/tech/tiktok-ban-bill/index.html

This is liberalism and conservatism in action.  

I personally air on the conservative side because I think TikTok has done nothing but lower the IQ and work ethic of its active users.  There is a reason why it is called TikTok ("Tick tock" your life clock).  However, the bill seems to be more about the potential for national security breaches.

What are your thoughts about this? Should we be more lax about social media or should we be strict?

About time. Might as well increase bans for Tik Tok not just in the USA but in other countries. That social media site, along with others that encourage short clips, are responsible for the degradation of our culture, cognitive development like attention span and ADD/ADHD, and moral development, negative developments in Narcissism and neurosis in our psychology, taking away our normal ranges of states of being, robbing us of the potential to diversify and enrich our different areas of life and other lines of development. Government and congress should involve themselves far more in regulating Silicon Valley and all other social media websites.

@r0ckyreed

2 hours ago, r0ckyreed said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2022/12/13/tik-tok-utah-china/

I am not so sure what to think about the issue anymore. It gets complex because where is the line between safety and tyranny? People should have some freedoms. If alcohol and weed are legal, then why make TikTok illegal? You would need to apply the same logic across the board and that would look tyrannical. 

Basis should always be harm and negatives discovered so far in studies and ongoing research of such events, and who or what group designed those social media sites. In this specific case, Tok Tok was designed by Hue Wei, the Chinese company that has almost ALL OF IT'S EMPLOYEES/EMPLOYER A MEMBER OF THE CCP IN CHINA. If this isn't a big red flag already for an American citizen or American congress and other governemnts not aligned ideologically to communism, and the potential espionage that can occur locally to politically/globally, because Hue Wei complies with giving user account details to the CCP when asked for details, unlike in the USA where companies can deny access unless certain conditions are met. then the country is in much more greater danger of information getting stolen, and misinformation/disinformation campaigns in the information and culture warfare.

If they ban it, someone will just create a US based clone, so the only thing this will fix is Chinese spying.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I’m not sure I agree with much of the posts in this thread because frankly it looks like only the negatives of Tik-Tok are being focused on. Also, it makes more sense for conservatives to be for banning it since most fear-driven political actions tend to be conservative. When people say such and such social media app is degrading our generation, I can only think of religious people saying that. 

Edited by Romanov

TikTok truly is toxic.

The Chinese government has rigged the algorithm to feed Americans stupid videos while the Chinese population gets healthy videos. A whole generation of teens are gonna grow up stupid.

Edited by Leo Gura

10 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

TikTok truly is toxic.

The Chinese government has rigged the algorithm to feed Americans stupid videos while the Chinese population gets healthy videos. A whole generation of teens are gonna grow up stupid.

I watch Facebook reels and can’t tell much of a difference between its reels and tiktok videos unless I’m missing something 

The difference is, China has strict regulations on kids/teens watching social media. US has zero.

China litterally forces the algorithm to show educational and science videos to kids. And kids are limited to something like 2hrs of social media and video games per week.

Meanwhile America is breeding a generation of morons addicted to silly dance videos.

This kind of moral decay is exactly the legit aspect of conservative fears.

Edited by Leo Gura

Tiktok has infinite trash

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

55 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

The difference is, China has strict regulations on kids/teens watching social media. US has zero.

China litterally forces the algorithm to show educational and science videos to kids. And kids are limited to something like 2hrs of social media and video games per week.

Lol. 

55 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Meanwhile America is breeding a generation of morons addicted to silly dance videos.

This kind of moral decay is exactly the legit aspect of conservative fears.

I don't even know what people like about those dance-videos, to be honest. Other than that they're under 60 seconds. 

A 15-minute video will get less traction than 15 1-minute videos. Doesn't this go against the whole concept of holism, where the 15-minute video is greater than the sum of its parts?! 

How long do you think this is going to last? 

13 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Maybe america should do this. Imagine tiktok but with meditation and tier 2 thinking videos.

@r0ckyreed I'd focus on dealing with that moron elon musk before all else

Be-Do-Have

You have to play the cards you're dealt

There is no failure, only feedback

1 hour ago, spiritual memes said:

Maybe america should do this. Imagine tiktok but with meditation and tier 2 thinking videos.

We will sooner turn communist.

Just check out my tiktok 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"