Leo Gura

Warning: People Participating In Discords Will Be Banned

163 posts in this topic

Embrace chaos lol. Being overprotective is one of those fears that will come true. If I am pulled to the dark side you want me here here or somewhere else? Give us discord, invest into moderarion. Ugly things will appear but underneath will be a dimond from time to time.

9 minutes ago, Zedman said:

Embrace chaos lol. Being overprotective is one of those fears that will come true. If I am pulled to the dark side you want me here here or somewhere else? Give us discord, invest into moderarion. Ugly things will appear but underneath will be a dimond from time to time.

Chaos might actually kill someone here. Read my above comment.

Embrace order

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

You have to get out of the kitchen where Tate's energy exists ~ Tyler Robinson 

11 hours ago, something_else said:

I don't think you realise how severe and risky it really is. People in this community have committed suicide because of misunderstood teachings. Are you really willing to take responsibility for people's lives?

It's also just plain rude to steal people from another platform to your own discord. You could argue you're acting very much in your own self-interest there, and putting people at risk while doing it.

When I think about it, there was really nothing in terms of ideological inclinations that was stopping Rali's discord from turning into the next Heaven's Gate cult. That gives me chills. "The end is near due to a non-physical spiritual influence on reality": what stops you from saying "we need to leave this plane"?

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

3 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

When I think about it, there was really nothing in terms of ideological inclinations that was stopping Rali's discord from turning into the next Heaven's Gate cult. That gives me chills. "The end is near due to a non-physical spiritual influence on reality": what stops you from saying "we need to leave this plane"?

It's very hard to stop those things

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

11 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

What stops any group of people from doing something stupid?

You have a vivid imagination.

Meanwhile, we were talking about astrology, music and drunk driving. 

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

Gives me flashbacks of me and my classmates sneaking out at night during a school trip to Rome and the teacher giving us a lecture along the lines of:

"Your parents could sue me if something were to happen to you... Do you even know how reckless your behavior was?"

Meanwhile we were having the night of our lives.

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

1 hour ago, Nilsi said:

What stops any group of people from doing something stupid?

What makes a group of people more likely to do something stupid, based on previous evidence and knowledge about human psychology?

48 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

What makes a group of people more likely to do something stupid, based on previous evidence and knowledge about human psychology?

Base rate fallacy.

People don't tend to organize themselves into doomsday cults all that often :ph34r:

Edited by Nilsi

14 minutes ago, Nilsi said:

Base rate fallacy.

People don't tend to organize themselves into doomsday cults all that often :ph34r:

When it comes to dangerous things, and when you're given evidence of an increased likelihood of it happening, it's wise to be cautious. Anyways, like I said, what is already going on (splintering of the community) is bad enough.

Edited by Carl-Richard

4 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

When it comes to dangerous things, and when you're given evidence of an increased likelihood of it happening, it's wise to be cautious. Anyways, like I said, what is already going on (splintering of the community) is bad enough.

That's just a personal predisposition (high neuroticism?).

I don't understand your logic. The discord was never meant to replace the forum. Meanwhile you people are participating on the other bald guys forum, which is clearly in direct competition with this one.

This fear of cults is getting ridiculous, has it ever occured to you that this place is more likely to be a cult than that casual discord channel ever was? There is no comparison to be made to Heaven's gate, it's just a ridiculous comparison. Sure there might be cult Discords out there but that Discord server was more like a casual server where people chatted about random stuff and psychology. Reminded me more of my friends Discord groups than some spiritual haven. If the Discord proposed suicide as the solution I would have quit it instantly. Also, this forum is no guarantee to not misunderstand spiritual teachings. I'm sure people misunderstand spiritual teachings on here all the time.

2 hours ago, Nilsi said:

That's just a personal predisposition (high neuroticism?).

Or wisdom and an understanding of human psychology and group dynamics.

2 hours ago, Nilsi said:

I don't understand your logic. The discord was never meant to replace the forum. Meanwhile you people are participating on the other bald guys forum, which is clearly in direct competition with this one.

The damage was done and things have stabilized since then. This is an ongoing thing. It's also not an isolated cell.

Edited by Carl-Richard

I recommend public crucifixion of anyone with a discord account

Be-Do-Have

You have to play the cards you're dealt

There is no failure, only feedback

It's good design that people here are required to put thought into their posts and replies. There is nothing wrong with leaving statements and reading the statements of others. I think we learn more in this format, in contrast to a live chat.

6 minutes ago, Sincerity said:

It's good design that people here are required to put thought into their posts and replies. There is nothing wrong with leaving statements and reading the statements of others. I think we learn more in this format, in contrast to a live chat.

I absolutely 100% agree with this 

♡✸♡.

48 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

Or wisdom and an understanding of human psychology and group dynamics.

The damage was done and things have stabilized since then. This is an ongoing thing. It's also not an isolated cell.

Your worries were unwarranted. 

Catastrophizing based on some availability heuristic is not exactly wisdom.

43 minutes ago, Nilsi said:

Your worries were unwarranted. 

Based on what?

43 minutes ago, Nilsi said:

Catastrophizing based on some availability heuristic is not exactly wisdom.

Wisdom is availability heuristics ? (largely)

Edited by Carl-Richard

9 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

Based on what?

Based on the conversations that actually took place there.

9 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

Wisdom is availability heuristics ?

Im not saying there is no overlap, but thats a silly statement. More often than not these heuristics are based on some underlying unconscious emotions and motivations, that can be totally disconnected from any actual realities.

I know you mean well and Im unneccessarily being an asshole about it. I have some skin in the game, so my judgement might also be distorted. I just cant really relate to the reaction to this discord situation.

Edited by Nilsi