Jo96

Maybe Kanye west is actually tier 2 but misunderstood

141 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

@Tyler Robinson Ask Leo if he has marked periods where he has problems with sleeping.

I'm sure he has problems with sleeping. My mother had problems with sleeping a lot. This is all just speculation anyway and it's all for his good. I didn't want to hold back my speculation on him because that's a disservice, I would have felt enormously guilty for not disclosing something I felt I knew. So it was my moral obligation to let it off my chest. I have been observing him  since 4 years and I knew something was not right but I couldn't put a finger on it for so long. I deeply cared about him. Recently it just hit me out of the blue that this could be it. He could be that, you know. The sooner a person knows the better because knowing it is half the recovery and half the battle won. I was told that I was mentally ill by someone more than 6 months ago. I had it at the back of my mind. I didn't discard the possibility. Then I went to the doctor and they actually diagnosed me with exactly that. I wish I had known 2 years ago, so much suffering would have been prevented. My mom spent her whole life not knowing. With mental illness, your hope for a better life is significantly impacted by delay in the knowledge of your disease, most people live out their entire lives without ever knowing and when it's time to fix things it's already too late and you keep wishing you had known it before. It helps if someone notices something about you and alerts you before it's too late to do something about it, they act like a harbinger who tell you early on and warn you about impending doom so you're saved from the inevitable. I did everything with best intent. My job was to leave a hint and that's all I did. I'm like a bird. 

Our true friends are not those who praise us and keep us in a merry spirit all the time.... Our true friends are those who aren't afraid to say what they feel even if it means that saying it will cost them the friendship. 

Edited by Tyler Robinson

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

You have to get out of the kitchen where Tate's energy exists ~ Tyler Robinson 

@Carl-Richard it's my last communication and my last message for Leo. Nobody has time to always keep a check on someone. I have my own life to take care of. 

At some point I have to stop caring and thinking about others and care about myself. I felt like telling Leo whatever was on my mind and let it off as a last service to him. Because I m not sure I'll be around forever, I might fly away or simply forget or choose a different life. So before that I thought to let him know. I don't have much to say to Leo because it seems he has pretty much overcome a lot in his life already, it seems he is on a good path, he might have healed his gut issues by now. He must be doing okay health wise, it's just that I wanted him to know about this so if in the future he has emotional issues or any tendencies he will know why and he can readily seek help. 

I have nothing more to give to Leo. I wish him all the best in his life and all the good in the world. Godspeed. 

And with that said, I return back to my own life. 

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

I listened glimpses here and there of the interview, will sit down better in my day off but so far, I feel Kanye says stuff that makes me said “what are you even talking about man?!” to the point that idk if he is even aware of what he is saying and the consequences of it. O.o

Edited by Juan

1 hour ago, Thought Art said:

I’m gonna guess that Ye calling out Jewish people for the reason he didn’t make as much money is going to lose him far more money than whatever business people tried to screw him… the irony.

Maybe his objective wasn't money. Maybe it was to bring awareness to how music artists get exploited in the industry so that it becomes a better deal for future artists. Kanye is not selfish. He has a caring soul. 

But he is not going to be dictated by others. He wants some amount of autonomy. 

♡✸♡.

31 minutes ago, Juan said:

I listened glimpses here and there of the interview, will sit down better in my day off but so far, I feel Kanye says stuff that makes me said “what are you even talking about man?!” to the point that idk if he is even aware of what he is saying and the consequences of it. O.o

What part of what he said was objectionable to you? 

♡✸♡.

8 hours ago, Ulax said:

I don't think he would speak about the US jewish demographic in the way he does if he was tier 2.

Imo, one of the reasons some folks will get really riled up about Kanye talking about the jewish demographic in the way he does is that it will probably have the consequence of increased hate crimes against minorities. I imagine various stage red organisations who tend to scapegoat minorities will feel empowered by Kanye's narrative.

Imo, there's ripple effects to everything we do.

Isn't tier 2 supposed to go meta on things? 

What do you think a Tier 2 person would do if they saw society in chaos? 

♡✸♡.

Kanye doesn't even write most of his music. He has a ghostwriter. It's a bit concerning that he is being placed in the same category as Beethoven. That's like saying Jordan Peterson is the Buddha of our generation. It's way off. And it's almost insulting too. Beethoven was an actual musical genius. He is the dictionary definition of genius. He lost his hearing as a youth and still managed to create some of the most beautiful music known to man. Kanye West is not even remotely similar to Beethoven. I don't care how "enlightened" you think this guy is. He's not genuine. I don't think Kanye can even play an instrument. Therefore, I wouldn't even classify him as a musician, let alone compare him to one of the greatest composers of all time. Sure, he's some kind of trendy artist. But not a musician. To me he is blatantly unoriginal and his musical style sounds the same as many other artists of his genre. 

You want a real, bona fide spiritually conscious Johann-Sebastian Bach of our generation? Try listening to Björk. 

Also what the hell? Leo doesn't come across as bipolar at all. That is some diag-nonsense. Also, you really have no place in drawing such conclusions when you don't even know him personally. It takes personal, intimate, one-on-one contact and often an extended period of time to properly claim a diagnosis. 

This thread is entirely ass backwards.

Edited by VioletFlame

"Those who have suffered understand suffering and therefore extend their hand." --Patti Smith

"Lately, I find myself out gazing at stars, hearing guitars...Like Someone In Love" 

No he isn't. Going "against the establishment" shouldn't be conflated with Tier 2 thinking. There is nothing in his ramblings that suggests he has a good understanding of the systems at play that make up our world as what it is. No nuance in his thinking. Just regurgitated right wing reactionary talking points masked as "outside the box" thinking. 

27 minutes ago, abundance said:

No he isn't. Going "against the establishment" shouldn't be conflated with Tier 2 thinking. There is nothing in his ramblings that suggests he has a good understanding of the systems at play that make up our world as what it is. No nuance in his thinking. Just regurgitated right wing reactionary talking points masked as "outside the box" thinking. 

Tier 2 doesn't care about social judgement. Also like someone pointed out here, black slavery monopolized by Jewish is not exactly anti Semitism. Not hating on Jews, but historic revisionism. This is not some right wing conspiracy. 

♡✸♡.

2 hours ago, Tyler Robinson said:

Tier 2 doesn't care about social judgement. Also like someone pointed out here, black slavery monopolized by Jewish is not exactly anti Semitism. Not hating on Jews, but historic revisionism. This is not some right wing conspiracy. 

Not caring about social judgement does not make one a tier 2 thinker either. And Jews playing a part in the transatlantic slave trade isn't exactly some forbidden knowledge. Europeans, Arabs and Africans ALL played a role in the transatlantic slave trade. Rather than making broad generalizations on entire groups of people that participated in it we should focus on critiquing the systems in place that allowed the transatlantic slave trade and at the concept of white supremacy to take root in the first place. 

Also for a guy who says slavery was a choice (Ye's words not mine) its surprising that he would now be so perturbed about Jewish involvement in slavery. 

Edited by abundance

It makes me uncomfortable people are taking Ye seriously. Someone spurring and essentially (thought maybe not on purpose) promoting/ encouraging  Anti Semitic movements, etc… don’t feel like getting into it. Intuition says it’s bad.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

11 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@Tyler Robinson Stop calling me bipolar. You are inventing nonsense out of thin air.

But after all, we humans are a bullshitting animal making bullshit out of thin air ;) 

I am God. I am Love. I am Infinity. I am Frosty97.

57 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

It makes me uncomfortable people are taking Ye seriously. Someone spurring and essentially (thought maybe not on purpose) promoting/ encouraging  Anti Semitic movements, etc… don’t feel like getting into it. Intuition says it’s bad.

Same.

It’s almost like it’s highlighting America’s social fabric deteriorating rapidly.  

It’s like a litmus test.  And the test is saying something very bad.

19 hours ago, Jo96 said:

This interview with lex Friedman and Kanye seems to me to indicate this based on his knowledge of the relativity and subjectivity of different belief systems, history and culture and his unitive language at the beginning calling us one race and one species. Thoughts?

@Jo96 This is a joke right? This guy is mostly blue-orange. He supported Trump.
Most of this conversations were historical incaccuracies, bad takes on society's problem and lack of integral thought in general that even the warm Lex Fridman had to hold back. A tier 2 would be someone like Daniel Schmachtenberger. See the difference betwen the two.

Tier 2 narcissism for sure :D

Kanye makes ordinary narcissists seem tame.

They only bigger narcissist is Trump.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I have never heard of Kanye until recently, since I don’t listen to that kind of music.  But, I watched the recent interview that he gave.   I think he should run for political office.  He is obviously a natural leader and has some good ideas that could provide healing to the black community.  

Vincit omnia Veritas.

15 hours ago, VioletFlame said:

Kanye doesn't even write most of his music. He has a ghostwriter. It's a bit concerning that he is being placed in the same category as Beethoven. That's like saying Jordan Peterson is the Buddha of our generation. It's way off. And it's almost insulting too. Beethoven was an actual musical genius. He is the dictionary definition of genius. He lost his hearing as a youth and still managed to create some of the most beautiful music known to man. Kanye West is not even remotely similar to Beethoven. I don't care how "enlightened" you think this guy is. He's not genuine. I don't think Kanye can even play an instrument. Therefore, I wouldn't even classify him as a musician, let alone compare him to one of the greatest composers of all time. Sure, he's some kind of trendy artist. But not a musician. To me he is blatantly unoriginal and his musical style sounds the same as many other artists of his genre. 

You want a real, bona fide spiritually conscious Johann-Sebastian Bach of our generation? Try listening to Björk. 

Also what the hell? Leo doesn't come across as bipolar at all. That is some diag-nonsense. Also, you really have no place in drawing such conclusions when you don't even know him personally. It takes personal, intimate, one-on-one contact and often an extended period of time to properly claim a diagnosis. 

This thread is entirely ass backwards.

Something tells me you've never listened to any of his albums

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Tier 2 narcissism for sure :D

Kanye makes ordinary narcissists seem tame.

They only bigger narcissist is Trump.

If you made some of the greatest albums of all time (not just his words, but millions of fans and critics'), then you'd have an ego too.

@Thought Art So you're just going to judge his entire career by his latest, worst news bulb instead of the decades upon decades of brilliant works he's created??