Leo Gura

Server Problems Finally Explained

26 posts in this topic

So I finally figured out the reason the site is crashing is because ya'll are downloading too many of my audio files on iTunes and Spotify.

I need to buy a second server just to feed you greedy monkeys audio files.

In the meantime, no new iTunes and Spotify releases.

Jesus, this issue has been driving me crazy for months. You use up so much bandwidth it clogs the datacenter pipes.

This is you guys:

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

"greedy monkeys"

My high school biology teacher used to compare us students to monkeys. Also she worked at a lab vivisecting monkeys.

Someone's going on an actualized.org MP3 binge then cos the site's been down most of the day lol

I was wondering wut was going annnnn

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

LOL. I got ducks on the brain too. 

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

There are tons of great dedicated podcast hosts... Buzzsprout, Podbean, Libsyn, Transistor, RedCircle... even Anchor (owned by Spotify) which will do it for free. Never host podcasts on standard website hosts. If nothing else, they're way slower for downloading and it will be a worse user experience. I'm honestly surprised your web host hasn't kicked you off due to the extra data usage lol.

I only know one guy who hosts all his podcast files himself (after he got big enough that his regular web host cut him off), and he pays thousands of dollars a month for servers. I feel like you can get the same results from any of the podcast hosts listed above, for like $10 - $30 per month. Depending on the payment model, some might be a big upfront cost to move everything over (like $2 per hour of audio), but then a low flat fee every month regardless of # of downloads. Most of them have built-in analytics/stats dashboards and lots of other useful features.

Plus most of them will automatically syndicate your podcast to dozens of the top podcast directories, not just iTunes and Spotify. If you're not on Google Podcasts, Amazon Music, Stitcher, etc you're missing out. Apple + Spotify account for only 22% of my total podcast downloads.

referring to the podcast? apple / spotify don't host their own audio files?

No, all podcast directories are just RSS feeds that point to your files, you've got to host the audio yourself.

Edited by Yarco

30 minutes ago, Yarco said:

I'm honestly surprised your web host hasn't kicked you off due to the extra data usage lol.

I got something like 12TB of bandwidth per month. But the problem is when a new pod is released the pipes can only handle so many Mbits per second before it clogs.

Re-uploading all audios to a podcast host will be a huge pain in the ass. They can't handle that much uploading.

Vimeo is already charging me a fortune. Now this.

Edited by Leo Gura

Take it as a compliment to the quality of your work???

Why don't the podcast episodes get released at the same time as the YouTube videos? Do you choose to upload them later or is there some kind of delay when you upload the podcasts?

"We are born of Love, Love is our mother" - Rumi

My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9vkQMt-MlvK9Xvnf-Ji

So this means we will never have a server problem again. 

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

You have to get out of the kitchen where Tate's energy exists ~ Tyler Robinson 

33 minutes ago, Tristan12 said:

Why don't the podcast episodes get released at the same time as the YouTube videos?

Because I'm only one man and it takes me work to process and upload them. I'm not gonna spend my weekend processing audios. I got cooler shit to do.

Edited by Leo Gura

@Leo Gura  That's great you finally solved this issue. I thought my connection was the problem and was getting ready to figure it out. Great I didn't go and download the audio files.

14 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Because I'm only one man and it takes me work to process and upload them. I'm not gonna spend my weekend processing audios. I got cooler shit to do.

Why not hire a monkey? Or even multiple monkeys? 

Maybe we should shove the culmination of multi-millennia old insight up our asses instead. 

2 minutes ago, BipolarGrowth said:

Why not hire a monkey? Or even multiple monkeys? 

Out of compassion for monkeys.

Just now, Danioover9000 said:

@Leo Gura  That's great you finally solved this issue. I thought my connection was the problem and was getting ready to figure it out. Great I didn't go and download the audio files.

Just a tip. Whenever you can't enter a website, just go to the site... 

=> downforeveryoneorjustme and then enter the address of Actualized.org minus forum. Like https://www.actualized.org... And click submit and it will tell you if the website is down or not. Mostly when server issue happens I immediately check it on this site and it tells me that Actualized.org is down. So it's not my device or internet. It's the website server.

I hope you got it. 

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

You have to get out of the kitchen where Tate's energy exists ~ Tyler Robinson 

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

So I finally figured out the reason the site is crashing is because ya'll are downloading too many of my audio files on iTunes and Spotify.

I need to buy a second server just to feed you greedy monkeys audio files.

In the meantime, no new iTunes and Spotify releases.

Jesus, this issue has been driving me crazy for months. You use up so much bandwidth is clogs the datacenter pipes.

This is you guys:

@Leo Gura  Lmao!

Be-Do-Have

You have to play the cards you're dealt

There is no failure, only feedback

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Out of compassion for monkeys.

Who said compassion? You pay for grunt work that’s not worth it to do yourself is the idea. No need for compassion. It’s just business. 

Maybe we should shove the culmination of multi-millennia old insight up our asses instead. 

17 minutes ago, BipolarGrowth said:

Who said compassion? You pay for grunt work that’s not worth it to do yourself is the idea. No need for compassion. It’s just business. 

I don't do just business. I do conscious business.

Are you maybe interested in dedicating an episode on Conscious Business? @Leo Gura

I for sure would be interested in something of that sort.