Thought Art

Thoughts on wigs for men?

69 posts in this topic

39 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

I tend to go back and forth on it. Ambiguity. 

But, on my last date it totally fucked with my head. I think I used to find myself attractive and my hair made sleeping with girls pretty easy. Now, I have to relearn that people see me different.

How did you get the date? You say it was easier to sleep with girls when you had hair?

@StarStruck Which one? I used to sleep with a lot of girls in university and even when I was making a lot of music during my last phase. Women found me very attractive and it was pretty easy. 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

I’d advise against it. Same with wearing hats needlessly often. Sometimes being bald and still being confident can score you points. 

@Spiral yeah, I think I’m getting over the bald thing and instead asking how I can develop my big dick energy

◭"89"

bruh

we just found the gta barber

World's #1 Spiritual Twerking Coach 🍑

5 hours ago, Thought Art said:

@Spiral yeah, I think I’m getting over the bald thing and instead asking how I can develop my big dick energy

Why not both? 

8 hours ago, Thought Art said:

@StarStruck Which one? I used to sleep with a lot of girls in university and even when I was making a lot of music during my last phase. Women found me very attractive and it was pretty easy. 

Hm, so you are saying that hair is such a big deal for girls in your case. That is peculiar.

If I was bald I'd embrace both the opportunity to wear wigs and being bald. But maybe it's harder for a guy.. or so we tell ourselves.

Edited by puporing

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

@Thought Art

I started balding at 16 (now 19). 

I too love Justin Vernon, and I think he is a great example of the confidence people talk about in these contexts. He has said in the past, and this is a paraphrase: "it's dangerous when you start playing that game of how marketable you are, what's really important is the authenticity and the art and love something something blablabla." 

Try to separate your art, creation, and work from your ego and carnal tethers. View yourself merely as a vessel of divine creation. A vehicle running errands for god with less resistance for every day that passes. (This is a ridiculously powerful vision to fuel you.)

You would certainly sell more if you looked like Justin Bieber. But wouldn't it be more inspiring to at the end of your life know that the qigong courses you sold were because you actually provided something really awesome and valuable? Because you were the most authentic and loving teacher who cared the most? Not because your customers thought you were hot. Yucky, spare me. Sex appeal in marketing is for stage orange mouthbreathers. Being hot is nothing to hang in your Christmas tree, a really well-mastered craft certainly is. I think this is what makes Justin Vernon so inspiring to me. You can just tell that he cares SOOOOOOOO much about what he's doing and that he couldn't care less about his fucking looks or hair. Because he doesn't give a fuck about being bald, neither do I. And because he really gives a fuck about his art, so do I. 

Besides, you have too few units of life force to spend on this type of nonsense. Read this book: https://www.amazon.com/Subtle-Art-Not-Giving-Counterintuitive/dp/0062457713 . 

PS Justin Vernon could be drowning in pussy if that was what he wanted, but he probably has more important shit to do. 

30 minutes ago, KH2 said:

Oh yes, how incredibly brutal and unfair. Because having a few milimeters of additional hair would make all the difference in the world, and would make up for their shit personality

I've got pretty good hair myself, and yet I still prefer shaving them to skinhead style. Fuck hair? they just get in the way

Did Andrew Tate tell you that? ?

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

1 hour ago, KH2 said:

Oh yes, how incredibly brutal and unfair. Because having a few milimeters of additional hair would make all the difference in the world, and would make up for their shit personality

I've got pretty good hair myself, and yet I still prefer shaving them to skinhead style. Fuck hair? they just get in the way

But you don’t shave it so much that it looks like you are bald right? That makes  all the difference. 

26 minutes ago, KH2 said:

That's just my own personal preference, because I like simplicity. You do whatever you want

No what I meant to say is that balding is unattractive. (doesnt mean you are unattractive, you can make up with other traits) So super short hair or long hair doesn’t really matter as long as you can see that you aren’t balding. 

if you break a tooth and it shows, you put a false one, right? Well, you can do the hair implants if you want and have the necessary money. 

but I would not wear a wig, it has a more fake connotation, like it would be extremely embarrassing if a wind carried it away

Edited by Breakingthewall

1 hour ago, KH2 said:

Is balding really all that unatractive though? I personally wouldn't care that much if, for example, even a chick I was dating, was bald - as long as she's relatively good looking in other areas, and our personalities matched (of course, not gonna pretend that actually having long hair isn't objectively more attractive for women - but I wouldn't say it's a dealbreaker, not at all).

It’s not like you are doomed when you are balding and women also have different taste but in general it takes a decent chunk away from your attractiveness. 

1 hour ago, KH2 said:

And regarding dudes, I can't tell what's attractive and what's not, because for me all dudes are like a bunch of rocks - different sizes and shapes, but really the same.

??

1 hour ago, KH2 said:

And the only group of people I see hating on bald people - and specifically bald men - are other men. I don't see women talking about this shit, but it's men who make a big deal out of it. Just shave your head bruv

I heard women talk about it often.
Given that you shave all or almost all of your hair off since 2019 maybe women don’t talk about it to you because they feel like they would offend you. 

This whole hair thing is so funny. I'm surrounded by people that happen to have shit hair in all kinds of ways. I never judged them or thought anything of it. But when I look at myself in the mirror that has really strong light, which makes my otherwise perfectly normal hairline look slightly weak, all of a sudden I panic and feel insecure.

24 minutes ago, RareGodzilla said:

This whole hair thing is so funny. I'm surrounded by people that happen to have shit hair in all kinds of ways. I never judged them or thought anything of it. But when I look at myself in the mirror that has really strong light, which makes my otherwise perfectly normal hairline look slightly weak, all of a sudden I panic and feel insecure.

Lmao bro a strong enough light above your head (like in a bathroom) will make even a Lion’s mane look like he’s balding ? 

26 minutes ago, RareGodzilla said:

I see unattractive and overweight people all day and never judged them or thought anything of it really but I did recognize that they will have problems attracting other people. 

10 minutes ago, KH2 said:

@Jannes I don't know man, I just don't see it as much of a deal?

I've also being complimented many times, that my "haircut" (if you could call it that) looks good, because the shape of my head looks good. Many people spontaneously touching my head, etc.

So you have a handsome face and not good looking hair.
yeah touching the hair on the head when it’s that short is super exciting ?

But then again, my hair are still visible, so I'm not ACTUALLY bald or balding. I may be talking completely out of my ass.

yes 

In my opinion, a chick who finds you unnatractive because of your balding head, wouldn't find you attractive even if you had a full set of hair. This is all BS topic to me to be honest with you

Don’t agree. 

◭"89"