r0ckyreed

Deconstructing Buddhism: Simple Reasons Why Buddhism Is False

195 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, Luminescence said:

@Razard86 my man... I know this game all to well. Sorry I won’t get into this with you because existence is to beautiful for me to play games on this forum. All you need to know is I Love you and I wish for you to have a beautiful day. ❤️ 

Everything is a game. Very smart move. Very perceptive response.

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

1 hour ago, Meta-Man said:

This is completely misconcieved. Infinity is already infinite. It doesn't get any more infinite. It doesn't grow or expand. It is already there. Already That.

Ralston tried to tell you years ago.

Infinity is never "That". If you say it's this or that you are in the finite realm. It's hopeless to point towards actual Infinity with some finite stupid words. So compared to actual Infinity the words of Ralston, Leo, me, you are just distraction from direct, actual experience aka infinity. And yes infinity has no problem to grow faster for ever. There is no limit to anything.

9 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

The reason a flat-earther is wrong is because his own mind is actually imagining the Earth as round, even though is ego mind believes the Earth is flat. So he's wrong simply because he's wrong about his own imagination. But in point of fact the whole Earth only exists in your Mind.

Man you bring out incredible good analogy for understanding. "His own mind" is also your mind aka God? Or is everyone his own God so you as God and he as God just share the same Dream like everyone on a LAN party brings his own Computer but everyone plays the same game. Even though you could Do mods on your game, then that would change your game but not the game of others. But if everything is connected it must be somehow. Ah this all is so paradox I need some breakthrough experiences 

3 minutes ago, Meta-Man said:

No beginning, no end. It is the eternal, still, NOW.

Still but moving on itself, flowing. although due to the fact of being infinite, any movement is only apparent. everything is apparent in infinity. the only real thing is its infinitude. it is very difficult for the mind to grasp it. infinity, due to its lack of limits, touches absolute zero, they are two faces of the same

13 minutes ago, Meta-Man said:

That is a common word used to point to Infinity. Tat tvam asi. Of course words don't capture Infinity, never said they did. Infinity is also just a word.

I will repeat myself; it cannot grow or expand. If it could it would have to have edges, limits. It is already infinite. You simply don't realize yet what infinite entails.

We are this infinity. The formless doesn't grow or expand. It just is that - infinite - boom!

Expansion/growth are timebound concepts. Infinity is Eternity, which is not some long duration of time. It has always existed. No beginning, no end. It is the eternal, still, NOW.

So simple, but forever elusive to the mind.

While I agree that infinity is already infinite, what I think Leo is getting at here is that since it is indeed infinite it literally has no end state and so your awakening can always become more total and deeper, because there is no such thing as an end state to infinity. I think he's talking about actually becoming infinitely more conscious, which is a process that can keep expanding your consciousness infinitely. Because there are no bounds, you can keep becoming conscious of infinity infinitely.

I am Physically Immortal

I am also more than God :)

Also I think nobody sees a cessation as a cessation of consciousness, but of the content of the senses and thoughts cessating while formless consciousness persists. I think real buddhists knows that consciousness is continuous and absolute. 

10 minutes ago, Meta-Man said:

But the whole notion of 'conscious of' is ultimately erroneous and dualistic. What follows after a realization of our true unbound nature is simply the gradual falling away of residual ignorance - thoughts and feelings on behalf of a separate self - until there is nothing left. When next to nothing is left and even localized awareness has dissolved, I call that complete Realization/sagehood.

50 minutes ago, Meta-Man said:

Yes , but I'd say Leo is not trying to achieve that. He is an explorer of the infinity, and he's exploring because it's beautiful. the depth is endless, so it's a hobby that never ends. utility? enjoy reality

You can realize Absolute Infinity and then break through to even higher orders of Infinity beyond it. As impossible as that sounds.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

49 minutes ago, Jake Chambers said:

Also I think nobody sees a cessation as a cessation of consciousness, but of the content of the senses and thoughts cessating while formless consciousness persists. I think real buddhists knows that consciousness is continuous and absolute. 

No, they actually see cessation as a cessation of consciousness. They reject the concept of Absolute and continuity.

A cessation event is where unconscious sub-minds remain tuned in and receptive to the contents of consciousness, while at the same time, none of them project any content into consciousness. Then, consciousness ceases—completely. During that period, at the level of consciousness there is a complete cessation of mental fabrications of any kind—of the illusory, mind-generated world that otherwise dominates every conscious moment. This, of course, also entails a complete cessation of craving, intention, and suffering. The only information that tuned in sub-minds receive during this event is the fact of a total absence.

To be clear, there is no actual “experience” of “consciousness without an object” during the cessation event, nor could there possibly be. That experience, like any other, is a construct of the mind, and in this case is generated after the cessation event has already ended. How the memory of a cessation event is interpreted retrospectively takes many forms, depending on the views and beliefs held by the person whose mind is doing the interpreting. Thus, the cessation event itself is not a mental construct, but the subsequent interpretations are entirely constructed.

Culadasa

Edited by RedLine

20 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You can realize Absolute Infinity and then break through to even higher orders of Infinity beyond it. As impossible as that sounds.

Sounds entirely logical. And you can keep breaking through and breaking through and breaking through to higher and higher and higher and higher orders of infinity.

It could be called 'Applied Cantorism'.

Cantor would have approved - if only they could have sneaked 5MEO into the sanatorium.

Apparently.

1 hour ago, Meta-Man said:

But the whole notion of 'conscious of' is ultimately erroneous and dualistic. What follows after a realization of our true unbound nature is simply the gradual falling away of residual ignorance - thoughts and feelings on behalf of a separate self - until there is nothing left. When next to nothing is left and even localized awareness has dissolved, I call that complete Realization/sagehood.

This whole no self thing to me seems like it makes you miss everything else that there is to awakening like I am God, love, and so much more.

I am Physically Immortal

I am also more than God :)

4 hours ago, Kshantivadin said:

"When disturbing thoughts arise simply say "I love you" to them all. This will disempower them and reveal their insubstantial nature. When we love everything that arises in the mind equally, then we love the entire world!"

I like that.  Smart individual.  But still the traditions and culture of Buddhism is biased against thinking and geared towards shutting off the mind.  It isn't just a Buddhist bias, Buddhism is part of a bigger paradigm in the East that emphasizes shutting off the mind and sometimes appears to have negativity towards thoughts, and assumes thinking is the cause of suffering.  A lot of suffering can stem from "negative" thinking, but a lot of freedom can merge when you are able to control and develop your thoughts, think freely/critically/deeply, and also let go of thought.  From my experience, it is impossible to develop the thinking capacity from meditation alone.  You can meditate all day and attain peace of mind and cessations, and you can still have low intelligence and intellectual capacity.  Consider the significance of what is lost when you follow any strict path.  Buddhism is one mode.  If you follow any strict path, you create your own constraints in your own mind.  The worst obstacles are the ones we create for ourselves.

7 hours ago, Meta-Man said:

It's incredible how he's missed the most simple, basic, fundamental fact after all these years. The only fact.

The only fact is that reality is ultimately too profound to be knowable.  The only thing you know is that reality/consciousness exists.  Everything is a belief.

4 hours ago, ThePoint said:

If you had to do it again and start over, how would you go about it? How do you start doing this? 

Nothing.  I would not change anything because then I wouldn't have learned all valuable lessons and avoided the many traps that I have avoided.  I wouldn't know what I know now having not experienced what I have.  

I avoided so many group-thinks just by my overall natural attitude of taking ownership of my own mind.  I take a general attitude of saying "I don't know."  If everyone admitted their ignorance, we wouldn't have so many ignorant people following these doctrines, cults, religions, conspiracy theories, etc.  All those are really about is people not taking full responsibility over their own intelligence.  

All I did to avoid the mental jails that people put themselves in through group-think, etc. was just observing people, how they thought, and how they acted.  My role model is Sherlock Holmes.  What I love about him was his independence of thought and influence.  I strive for that.  It is a life-long pursuit.

4 hours ago, Meta-Man said:

It has nothing to do with Buddhism or any tradition or lineage. It is what every earnest Truth seeker will come to discover regardless of the path they take. The Truth is the Truth is the Truth. It has always been the same Truth. You are not going to discover anything other than what all the sages throughout history have done before.

False. That same logic has been used throughout history to say "You are never going to discover this or break the world record like X has done before."  Meanwhile new discoveries and records are broken through.  Watch your assumptions.  The path does matter.  Not all paths lead to the same peak.  That is another Buddhist/New Age delusion.  You assume you know the Truth, but the Truth is unknowable.  Nobody has and never will know the Truth/Absolute because Existence/Truth is always prior to any knowledge and concepts.

This is true in the relative domain only. On the Absolute level, there is nothing new.

Explore the relative as much as you'd like, but the Absolute Truth will always remain the same.

How do you know?  You make the Absolute finite by saying that it can only be one way the same at all times.  What if the Absolute is Infinite and this means that no matter how deep you go, there is deeper to go and everything new as you go to realms unexplored.  By saying nothing is new there, you are basically saying mankind has already figured out reality.  False.

3 hours ago, Meta-Man said:

This is completely misconcieved. Infinity is already infinite. It doesn't get any more infinite. It doesn't grow or expand. It is already there. Already That.

Ralston tried to tell you years ago.

Let go of the appeals to authority.  You don't know what infinity is and I don't know what it is either.  Infinity is unknowable.  

Like for reals man, what do you REALLY know about anything?  

I can admit that I don't know anything but that I exist, and everything else is a belief.  Can you?  Let go of your attachment to being right and commit to truth.  The simple truth is that you and everyone else thinks they know but are merely pretending.

Edited by r0ckyreed

Meditation is a lifestyle of developing a calm state of mind WHILE engaging in one’s ambitions!

Counting your breaths, chanting a mantra, and the rest of it is all ratshit and a complete waste of time. What is stopping you from meditating WHILE working on your life purpose?

You all are acting like you know when you don't.  Y'all are stuck inside a Buddhist hallucination.  You don't care about truth because you are too attached to being right.  This is the definition of foolishness.  In this way, you are no smarter than a Trump/Hitler supporter or a conspiracy theorist or religious fundamentalist (Dogmatic Buddhists included).

It is simple.  Admit that the truth that "I don't know."  Then do it a hundred more times till you get it.  That is how you will awaken but of course, you don't even know that either.

I don't know. I don't know.I don't know.I don't know.I don't know.I don't know.I don't know.I don't know.I don't know.I don't know.I don't know.I don't know.I don't know.I don't know.I don't know.I don't know.I don't know.I don't know.I don't know.I don't know.I don't know.I don't know.I don't know.I don't know.I don't know.I don't know.I don't know.I don't know.I don't know.I don't know.I don't know.I don't know.I don't know.I don't know.I don't know.I don't know.I don't know.I don't know.I don't know.I don't know.I don't know.I don't know.I don't know.I don't know.I don't know.I don't know.I don't know.I don't know.I don't know.I don't know.I don't know.I don't know.I don't know.I don't know.I don't know.I don't know.I don't know.I don't know.

This thread isn't going anywhere.  Too many of you will never get it because your mind is too attached and locked into Buddhist/New Age dogma and ideology.  If you can't even bother to sit down and deconstruct Buddhism, then there is nothing more for you to learn.  No awakening, knowledge, intelligence, learning, etc. will ever be possible for you until you think for yourself.

Edited by r0ckyreed

Meditation is a lifestyle of developing a calm state of mind WHILE engaging in one’s ambitions!

Counting your breaths, chanting a mantra, and the rest of it is all ratshit and a complete waste of time. What is stopping you from meditating WHILE working on your life purpose?

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

To what end though lol, it has no end, it is meaningless and pointless lol

There is a hotel with an infinite number of rooms, all identical, how many rooms do you want to explore before oyu see how pointless it is

8 minutes ago, r0ckyreed said:

You all are acting like you know when you don't.  Y'all are stuck inside a Buddhist hallucination.  You don't care about truth because you are too attached to being right.  This is the definition of foolishness.  In this way, you are no smarter than a Trump/Hitler supporter or a conspiracy theorist or religious fundamentalist (Dogmatic Buddhists included).

It is simple.  Admit that the truth that "I don't know."  Then do it a hundred more times till you get it.  That is how you will awaken but of course, you don't even know that either.

I don't know. I don't know.I don't know.I don't know.I don't know.I don't know.I don't know.I don't know.I don't know.I don't know.I don't know.I don't know.I don't know.I don't know.I don't know.I don't know.I don't know.I don't know.I don't know.I don't know.I don't know.I don't know.I don't know.I don't know.I don't know.I don't know.I don't know.I don't know.I don't know.I don't know.I don't know.I don't know.I don't know.I don't know.I don't know.I don't know.I don't know.I don't know.I don't know.I don't know.I don't know.I don't know.I don't know.I don't know.I don't know.I don't know.I don't know.I don't know.I don't know.I don't know.I don't know.I don't know.I don't know.I don't know.I don't know.I don't know.I don't know.I don't know.

Your first paragraph is comprised of 58 words.

Curiously, your final paragraph is comprised of 58 repetitions of the proclamation "I don't know".

Apparently.

5 minutes ago, axiom said:

Your first paragraph is comprised of 58 words.

Curiously, your final paragraph is comprised of 58 repetitions of the proclamation "I don't know".

Yours is zero. Glad you took the time to count.  So what.  I probably have said "I don't know" more than the average person here both on and off the forum. But all that even doesn’t matter. You just have to say and mean it once and then you are done.

Edited by r0ckyreed

@r0ckyreed So what indeed. I quite liked the first Rocky movie btw. It had real heart. The later ones seemed like they were just going through the motions, with the notable absence of Rocky IV. 

Apparently.

2 hours ago, Meta-Man said:

know what I am. And that is enough

5 hours ago, Meta-Man said:

You know and you ve experienced that you are unlimited. Me too. but do you understand how and why you are appearing as limited? Do you understand the reason for everything that has apparently happened to you, and how it's created? I don't . I think it's interesting to go deeper, because means richer and better life. My life is quite good now, but why not to make it better?

Edited by Breakingthewall

10 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

I guess he knows that infinity is unchanging, because it contents all possible change. nothing can be added or changed to infinity. but it is immutable in perpetual motion, so it mutates in some way, although really it is always the same

Gibberish.