Illusory Self

Thoughts on doing psychedelics to get yourself out of a rut?

17 posts in this topic

I hear you shouldn't do psychedelics in a bad frame of mind but also hear that it can actually save people from depression and being in rut by giving them a unque perspective. 

Thinking of doing some LSD soon as it is very apparent that I am constantly stuck in a paradigm of negative thinking/depressive state of mind, basically most of the time. 

Just living without much change in anything. I have done around 20 or so trips of LSD in the past and have all been good experiences but I kind of fear nothing is going to change so seriously considering having a trip soon and will be with a friend just in case things go bad. 

Start with micrdoses. Do a lot of them. And when you feel you are ready, go for a big one. You always keep some benzos and antipsychotics with you to stop the trip if it starts going south. 

Psychedelics are very powerful but you need to be careful. I have done a lot of them while In a depressed state and many of my trips were bad and unhelpful. It depends on how severe your mental illness is. If it is moderate to severe, you need to be very careful and stick to microdoses only. 

I had my first God realization on mushrooms on medium dosage but was very powerful. I don't know if it works the same for others. You have to find a dosage/substance that you would be comfortable with. Truth be told, I didn't really care at the time where it was gonna take me, was ready to just dive in because something was calling me to and I was exhausted by some things/the drama around me (including some lingering depression as a result).

There's more work after your first awakenings. But the depression coming from the ego should start to diminish drastically.

Edited by puporing

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

Under the appropriate conditions, psychedelics can evoke deep healing processes in the psyche. 

If you are stuck in a closed loop of thinking and emotion, I would suggest to avoid LSD and turn to Psilocybin or Ayahuasca. At least in my case, both Psilocybin and Ayahuasca brings much more of the awareness to the body and out of the mind. LSD indeed enhances visual and auditory sensations, but it can also put the mind on over-drive and hyper-thinking, which isn't suggested when your mindset is low. You can also consider MDMA for healing. 

Take into your considerations that healing the human psyche can be a long process and usually deeply rooted conditions aren't solved over one trip and complementary contemplation/treatment/tripping might be needed. However, there are no rules to this domain and it is also possible that one trip will bring an end to some conditions. You can never know until you try.

You probably can’t answer that question definitively because it’s very individual. In many cases you probably shouldn’t do high doses or take it at all in other cases like @purporing it can be very healing. I think you should probably listen to your intuition. I did low and mid doses of truffles in a semi depressed state and although I didn’t had any mystical experiences at that time it definetly helped me process a lot of things and changed my life for sure. I followed strict protocol though. When my intuition told me that that day wasn’t good for psychedelics I wouldn’t take them even if my whole day was free. 

Edited by Jannes

It can help, but it can also turn into an escape from doing important manual work.

It's easy to fool yourself into the thinking that psychedelics will fix up your life for you.

Ideally you should be combing psychedelics with serious manual work.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura

Ideally you should be combing psychedelics with serious manual work

Do you still do some formal daily practices like meditation or yoga or something like that?

If you do, what kinds? Or you developed your own things through experience

1 hour ago, bazera said:

@Leo Gura

Do you still do some formal daily practices like meditation or yoga or something like that?

Contemplation, visualization, meditation.

4 hours ago, Something Funny said:

@Leo Gura what kind of visualization do you do?

That's complicated. I am doing a course on that.

To @something funnyy

Leo has videos on Visualization exercises. Look into those. 

God only knows when his course will come. 

Till then watch his video. 

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

You have to get out of the kitchen where Tate's energy exists ~ Tyler Robinson 

14 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

It can help, but it can also turn into an escape from doing important manual work.

It's easy to fool yourself into the thinking that psychedelics will fix up your life for you.

Ideally you should be combing psychedelics with serious manual work.

This is the only way I’ve found psyches today be truly effective. I used affirmations, Qigong, visualization and a single mushroom trip to cure my depression a few months ago. Mushroom trips once a month are great potentially for keeping you uplifted and well while also doing all the other stuff that makes you healthy.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

@Illusory Self Even when you feel liberated and the depression curtain is lifted during the trip, the question remains how you integrate all of it. Tripping is the easy part in regards to getting to elevaded clear perception because your consciousness is expanded. The hard part is integrating/flowing into that perception in normal consciousness.

If you trip, plan/contemplate during the high what core foundations are needed in regular life. Perhaps this or something else entirely is revealing itself to you and you don't have to do anything. But nonetheless make this intention and let go of it when the trip starts.

It's a good experiment to try out this process during shamanic breathing (focussing in the core fundamentals). In my experience the depression veil lifts on the high and I can see clearly. Be sure to write the core things down. It's easy to forget in the depressive fog.

Edited by Loving Radiance

Life Purpose journey

Presence. Goodness. Grace. Love.

I for sure thought about using psychedelics to jump start where I am right now as an easy quick reset. But I went against it as I felt it was more valuable to me to learn how to get my shit together completely sober by implementing strong habits of self care like working out and having consistent sleep schedule as well as good routine. 

I forgive my past, I release the future, and I honor how I feel in the present. 

18 hours ago, Something Funny said:

no, but I am curious. Do you visualize some kind of goals that you want to achieve?

Do you still have any goals that you want to achieve at all in life?

Of course I have many goals, but my goals are not as you imagine. They are largely immaterial goals about the development of my psyche, such as being kinder towards you guys. So that's what I visualize.

Edited by Leo Gura

@Illusory Self I would say try to book a mini retreat or vacation out of the city to get away from your addictions, bad habits, etc. 

Even like a weekend nature retreat or something could be really powerful.

My best psychidelic experiences have come when I already had some momentum with positive habits. When I do them when I'm in a rut I just end up suffering, but even that has value so regardless of what I wrote it may still be helpful to do a trip.

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Of course I have many goals, but my goals are not as you imagine. They are largely immaterial goals about the development of my psyche, such as being kinder towards you guys. So that's what I visualize.

Billion dollarss