Someone here

Is Nutmeg a psychedelic?

29 posts in this topic

So far all of my awakenings were conceptual .but they were genuine. But I  just want to have a mystical experience to see what all the fuss is about ..so I researched different substances .all of the classical well known psychedelics are illegal in India and I can't obtain them. I really don’t know how to shop for them in the dark web and I don't want to get myself into legal troubles. 

However..I found a substance that is completely legal and easy to obtain that can cause hallucinations in high enough doses and its very common and used in the kitchen..which is Nutmeg.

Is Nutmeg considered a psychedelic ? I read online that it can cause hallucinations  Should I try it out ? Did any of you guys experimented with Nutmeg before for spiritual purposes? 

Thanks. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

@acidgoofy did it cause any psychedelic-like effects on you ? Or none at all ?

-Osho

If you're gonna go that route then Morning Glory seeds will be far better.

Not that I recommend that.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

It made me feel like I was hungover for days when I tried it. Plus it's disgusting to eat in the first place. Gave me mild psychedelic headspace for a bit but no visuals or anything close to that.

10 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I also tried Hawaiian Baby Woodrose seeds which have the same active compound, they made me super sick but did actually have reasonable-ish psychedelic effects. Nothing comparing to traditional psychedelics but it was something at least.

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Not that I recommend that.

Is it consumed by eating ? Can it be poisoning in high doses ? Is it guaranteed to cause similar effects of psychedelics?  And why you don't recommend it ?

-Osho

3 hours ago, Something Funny said:

@Someone here You should check if spore prints are legal. And it's very likely that they are since they themselves are not psychoactive.

Then you can buy them and learn to grow your own mushrooms.

They are legal.  Do they work though ? Are they worth trying? And how exactly can I use them to grow mushrooms?

-Osho

@Someone here Is Syrin rue legal in India? This substance can also cause strong hallucinations and is legal in most countries, nausea in high dosages was a big problem for me.

Please don't do nutmeg.

Buy morning glory seeds and Just do a cold water extraction with lemon (or anything is naturally anti-nausea). 

Just a warning: if you decide not to do a cold water extraction, you will have one of the worst nausea and disgust you'll probably ever have in your entire life :) - I've eaten those seeds and it will give you a spiritual-omega purge- you will feel refreshed after but during the experience, you will feel as if you were poisoned. 

35 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Is it consumed by eating ? Can it be poisoning in high doses ? Is it guaranteed to cause similar effects of psychedelics?  And why you don't recommend it ?

When it comes to psychedelics, you are honestly better doing your own research for questions like these rather than relying on people here.

But I will answer nonetheless:

Is it consumed by eating ?

Yes, you can eat the whole seeds themselves but it will make you quite sick. They also taste awful.

You can also grind up the seeds, soak the powder in lime juice for a few hours, mixing every 20 mins, then strain the liquid to remove the seed powder. Then mix the remaining liquid with some orange juice or something and drink it.

This is a very basic extraction of the LSA (the active compound, similar to LSD but less potent) that removes some of the stuff the makes you nauseous.

Can it be poisoning in high doses ?

I mean, it won't hurt you unless you take a crazy high dose, but it will make you more nauseous than most other traditional psychedelics. I was never able to take them without being sick.

Is it guaranteed to cause similar effects of psychedelics?

Depends on the dosage. If you take enough then yea, but the more you take the higher the body load and the more sick you will feel. But to get a trip on the same level as a tab of acid you'd need to take a lot.

And why you don't recommend it ?

Can't speak for Leo, but personally it was a lot of effort for a shitty trip that made me very nauseous. The only benefit is that they are legal-ish and easy to order online.

You'd be better off just finding some traditional psychedelics. Is there a reason you can't do that?

1 hour ago, m0hsen said:

@Someone here Is Syrin rue legal in India? This substance can also cause strong hallucinations and is legal in most countries, nausea in high dosages was a big problem for me.

I guess you mean Syrian rue ? 

Yes it's legal here . I never heard of it before . And I googled it and found it can cause hallucinations.  So I will be experimenting with it along with Nutmeg.  Thanks for the suggestion. 

-Osho

1 hour ago, Pudgey said:

Please don't do nutmeg. 

Why ? Is it because it can be poisoning in high doses ..which is exactly what is needed for it to cause full blown hallucinations? 

@something_else thank you for your answers .that did clear up some of my confusions . And I guess you are right. I should do my own research. 

1 hour ago, something_else said:

You'd be better off just finding some traditional psychedelics. Is there a reason you can't do that?

Like I said because they are illegal in my country and there is no way for me to obtain them. Unless I travel to South America or any other place where some psychedelics are legal .and I don't have the luxury to do that either in the meantime. 

-Osho

22 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Why ? Is it because it can be poisoning in high doses ..which is exactly what is needed for it to cause full blown hallucinations? 

It's not gonna actually poison you in hallucinogenic doses, it's just gonna be a miserable time. It feels like you're being poisoned.

You can't do spiritual work if you're too busy vomiting and feeling pain in your body.

23 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Like I said because they are illegal in my country and there is no way for me to obtain them. Unless I travel to South America or any other place where some psychedelics are legal .and I don't have the luxury to do that either in the meantime. 

I mean they're illegal pretty much everywhere, but most countries won't give you in much trouble for having a personal dose. Maybe your country is different, though. 

In my country (UK) it'll just get confiscated. And your chance of getting caught is really really small if you aren't dumb about it.

I consumed large quantities of nutmeg in my university days. I even made the world’s most disgusting ice pops using nutmeg as a main ingredient.

Not only is nutmeg quite disgusting in high doses, it’s also very nauseating and dangerously toxic. 

I experienced fishbowl-lens view of the world for 24 hours, give or take. One of my participating friends was also violently sick. 

I didn’t get to meet the famed “stick god”.

Edited by axiom

Apparently.

@Someone here

12 hours ago, Someone here said:

So far all of my awakenings were conceptual .but they were genuine. But I  just want to have a mystical experience to see what all the fuss is about ..so I researched different substances .all of the classical well known psychedelics are illegal in India and I can't obtain them. I really don’t know how to shop for them in the dark web and I don't want to get myself into legal troubles. 

However..I found a substance that is completely legal and easy to obtain that can cause hallucinations in high enough doses and its very common and used in the kitchen..which is Nutmeg.

Is Nutmeg considered a psychedelic ? I read online that it can cause hallucinations  Should I try it out ? Did any of you guys experimented with Nutmeg before for spiritual purposes? 

Thanks. 

Yes, it actually is. Although it's not easy to get high on it as you got to ingest high amounts of Nutmeg for the high. Way better psychedelics than this.

16 hours ago, Someone here said:

So far all of my awakenings were conceptual .but they were genuine.

... an awakening cannot be conceptual. But don't worry, if you do have a mystical experience....you will realize that lol.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

@Someone here Nutmeg is classified as a deliriant.  It can cause severe dehydration and nausea at high doses.  I don’t think it’s as dangerous as other deliriants, but it’s very hard on the body, and most trip reports on it are negative.

I highly recommend Hawaiian Baby Woodrose though.  I had a full ego death on 8 seeds.  You do have to put up with some nausea and vasoconstriction though.  

I’ve also used harmala extracts, they’re fairly mild on their own though.  I would recommend the extract if possible over Syrian Rue, as I’ve heard that Rue can be some pretty nasty stuff to consume

Edited by bmcnicho

13 hours ago, Someone here said:

They are legal.  Do they work though ? Are they worth trying? And how exactly can I use them to grow mushrooms?

I had a friend who randomly decided to grow mushrooms. He grew a batch of them, which took like a month or so. He got a good amount of mushrooms off of it. It wasn't too difficult though he told me that you had to be careful not to contaminate them while watering them. All he did was follow tutorials from YouTube and Reddit, so it shouldn't be too complicated. If you're serious about it you'll find everything you need online. So yes they work, they can give you ridiculous amounts of mushrooms so I'd say that it's worth it and you'll figure out the rest.

beep boop

@Someone here nutmeg is one of the the least enjoyable highs I’ve ever experienced. Definitely not psychedelic.

Morning glory seeds (and Hawaiian Baby Woodrose) are a legitimate legal psychedelic high.

^However these are a very physically miserable and that’s probably why Leo doesn’t recommend it. 

The game of survival cannot be won.