Razard86

Leo Appreciation Thread.

15 posts in this topic

We all have disagreements from time to time but I believe it is important to give our flowers to those we appreciate. So I decided to do a Leo Appreciation Thread. My Next Thread Later on will be a User Appreciation Thread where you can give your appreciations for other Users on here who have helped you in some way.

Why I appreciate Leo: His vision, his perspective, his openness in his videos, his raw honesty both intellectually and emotionally in his videos. His foray into the pit of consciousness basically experimenting on himself for the pursuit of ever deeper knowledge and the desire to share it with the world. Literally doing the work that the entire Universe desires which is to awaken and to expand onward forever.

I appreciate you for building this community of like-minded people so that we have an outlet in which we can share. 

Be willing to take time out of your schedule to engage with the members which is an invaluable opportunity that people of your status usually place behind a pay wall. 

I already have What's Your Favorite Leo Video you can check that out and post. But for me this is just an appreciation for all that Leo does.

So what do you appreciate Leo for?

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

Why I value Leo: he's openminded, he's like a sponge, he's to the point,  he's a great teacher,  he led me to God realization,  he set up a platform for me to sort myself out on. 

???????

thank you leo, you've helped me/us a lot

you've gotten me out of my shell of victim mentality in the past

made me explore the rabbit hole in various ways, while trying to self improve myself egoicly and spiritually

i feel much more satisfied with life knowing what i know, thanks to you, without you it wouldn't have been the same

as much as i feel stuck in a new phase, it's all good knowing it's all an illusion gives me that ease at times

thank you for the making those videos for us all

Leo's teachings were exactly what I needed at the time I came across them. I was really in a dark place a few years ago, and Leo really enlightened my world. 

I appreciate Leo as teacher simply because he is really good at what he does. And I appreciate him as a lighter for having the balls to teach what he does.

Thank you, Leo!

@Razard86 This thread is a very nice idea :)

Wow, yea not sure where to start, obviously one could write so much about how his work was helpful. I wanna keep it short, but I also wanna point out a few things that maybe don't get mentioned so often, but I feel like are worth noting:

- Like so many others Leos teaching about enlightenment gave me strength and hope in desperate times (basically that there is a much better option to suicide). Like to so many others his work is also for me a life-saver.

- He sums up complicated and sometimes contradicting spiritual teachings in a clear and streamlined fashion, so that it is easier to understand. Also his teaching style (and also his look) make spirituality way more accessible to "normal" people, who would otherwise just dismiss similar teachings of a  guy dressed in robes and flowers in front of a huge crowd as "hippie-nonsense" or whatever. This alone is a huge benefit for society I believe.

- I love how basically his video cover all important topics of life. To me there really is not much value gained anymore from other yt-channels, which drastically simplifies one's use of youtube.

- I freakin' love the video-style: that he takes hours to explain deep topics and doesn't try to give quick answers to profound questions (like even many other spiritual & self-helf youtubers do with their 10-minute-videos). I love how all the information is presented calmly and slowly (and sometimes even repeated if important enough). I feel like 90 % of all yt-videos are way too hectic, it's very hard to focus, and they are way too flashy with all the quick cuts and effects. Really appreciate the simplicity of Leo's videos.

- Leo really knows how to spark motivation and passion in other people. Sometimes just watching him how he speaks passionatly about something is enough for me to already get excited about my own life. The way he presents himself and his life alone is already inspiring.

- I appreciate how much he emphasizes the importance of skepticism and that nothing he says should be believed blindly, but rather should be validated and experienced by oneself.

Obviously, there is so much more, but those are the most important points for me that I could come up now.

Thank you, Leo!

Because of Leo, I have a better sense of direction in life. Honestly, I cannot really find similar content anywhere else. It is currently showing me what the purpose of my life is. I wouldn't be doing the things I do if it wern't for him! The content he shares is really profound and the work that he does would be crucial for the world!

Edited by AndylizedAAY
I wanted to explain more about his content.

I'm thankful to Leo for helping me take life more seriously, and not setting my standards too low. And for exposing me to ideas I hadn't heard of before that helped me open my mind to new possibilities. Some videos like his life advice for young people series had a big positive impact on me. And I'm also thankful that he covers topics that are not always comfortable to think about, he has the balls to challenge others into stepping into uncomfortable territory and face the unknown, which is where a lot of growth can occur.

Leo is definitely one of the most valuable teachers of spirituality I have come across on the path and one of the puzzle pieces of my own personal development. His insights on the nature of psychedelics and how to approach them is very valuable and helped me get more value and meaning out of my psychedelic experiences and approaching them more seriously, with more respect. I think when it comes to psychedelics, Leo is the guy. He really knows his stuff when it comes to psychedelics. 

His bald glowing head:x

"Sometimes when it's dark - we have to be the light in our own tunnel"

Thank you for your work, dedication, and love. Doing what you've done must have had some very hard times, thanks for enduring for us.

On 7/3/2022 at 4:22 AM, Mormegil said:

@Razard86 This thread is a very nice idea :)

Wow, yea not sure where to start, obviously one could write so much about how his work was helpful. I wanna keep it short, but I also wanna point out a few things that maybe don't get mentioned so often, but I feel like are worth noting:

- Like so many others Leos teaching about enlightenment gave me strength and hope in desperate times (basically that there is a much better option to suicide). Like to so many others his work is also for me a life-saver.

- He sums up complicated and sometimes contradicting spiritual teachings in a clear and streamlined fashion, so that it is easier to understand. Also his teaching style (and also his look) make spirituality way more accessible to "normal" people, who would otherwise just dismiss similar teachings of a  guy dressed in robes and flowers in front of a huge crowd as "hippie-nonsense" or whatever. This alone is a huge benefit for society I believe.

- I love how basically his video cover all important topics of life. To me there really is not much value gained anymore from other yt-channels, which drastically simplifies one's use of youtube.

- I freakin' love the video-style: that he takes hours to explain deep topics and doesn't try to give quick answers to profound questions (like even many other spiritual & self-helf youtubers do with their 10-minute-videos). I love how all the information is presented calmly and slowly (and sometimes even repeated if important enough). I feel like 90 % of all yt-videos are way too hectic, it's very hard to focus, and they are way too flashy with all the quick cuts and effects. Really appreciate the simplicity of Leo's videos.

- Leo really knows how to spark motivation and passion in other people. Sometimes just watching him how he speaks passionatly about something is enough for me to already get excited about my own life. The way he presents himself and his life alone is already inspiring.

- I appreciate how much he emphasizes the importance of skepticism and that nothing he says should be believed blindly, but rather should be validated and experienced by oneself.

Obviously, there is so much more, but those are the most important points for me that I could come up now.

Thank you, Leo!

Thanks I was given an impression, an intuition that I needed to be more grateful. Then I realized you know, sometimes we complain so much we forget people and things in our lives that have blessed us in some way. So I was like, why not show some appreciation for once? We can get back to complaining later on after we show some appreciation (lol just a joke) but seriously my next thread is a user appreciation thread so other users can get some love as well.

Cause at the end of the day....all we want is love. So why not give it to ourselves and others? Thanks for showing me Love as well I appreciate you for that!!

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

Way to much to write really. You are making this world a better place through your videos and courses. You have kept your values close and integrity strong and we reap benefits from this. Amazing teacher. Thank you Leo.?

Wow. Was just thinking to write a post to Leo for his latest video and this came up. What a synchronicity. 

For all the shit I see people giving Leo here and on YouTube I am saddened because he is such an amazing teacher and honestly presents the information in a more understandable way than even those considered the greatest sages. It’s so understandable and these topics are the hardest to communicate. 

Leo has given me so much clarity on what I want in life and what’s possible. It makes waking up so exciting and I never thought I could be this in love with life. I see a lot of other people involved in spirituality that just are missing key components of it because they don’t follow the right teachers. 

to have a high quality teacher is one of the luckiest things that can happen. 

I don’t know where to begin but I’ve been profoundly influenced, done life purpose, read a ton of the books on the list, watched every video some multiple times, done a Ralston retreat and vipassana and Leo has helped so much in my understanding and peicing together of things. 

it’s made me a person I never could’ve imagined and life just gets more and more exciting and fun. 

I wish I had more words to express my gratitude. But I don’t. What you’re doing is amazing Leo. Thank you ❤️

I really appreciate that @Leo Gura is still spending time here in the forum answering questions from spiritually newbies, it looks like he really wants to embody the last picture of the Zen Ox Herding Pictures