thisintegrated

Why do some progress much faster than others?

43 posts in this topic

Some (most) people turn Blue in their early teens, and stay Blue until they die.

While others, like @thisintegrated, are already Green by this point.

Some would say it's because of your soul, but that's the low hanging fruit.  Are there any better explanations out there?  Is it literally just that some people are "smarter" or what?

Edited by thisintegrated

Leo mentioned before, Its due to genetical disposition, neurochemical levels, there's environmental factors, education, psychological development as a child. Some people are just biologically wired for it.

Focus on the solution, not the problem

Eastern countries have the saying of cultivating accomplishments in previous lives. 

26 minutes ago, Kamo said:

Leo mentioned before, Its due to genetical disposition, neurochemical levels, there's environmental factors, education, psychological development as a child. Some people are just biologically wired for it.

So.. "literally just smarter"?

12 minutes ago, ZGROPIUS said:

Eastern countries have the saying of cultivating accomplishments in previous lives. 

That's the belief in a "soul".

Just now, thisintegrated said:

In a sense yeah, I mean there is probably spiritual intelligence. Because theres an intelligence for pretty much everything. IDK about a Soul because theres too many different interpretations of what that word is pointing to.

Focus on the solution, not the problem

50 minutes ago, Kamo said:

@Kamo Since all of these factors are being imagined, what do you feel is the real cause? Perhaps we design these factors in advance depending how we want the game to unfold for us. Interesting question. 

The word "spiritually gifted" has been used a lot in Leo's videos. I think that probably is synonymous with one's own sensitivity and perceptiveness. People who are very low in sensitivity are probably less noticing of their own bodily sensations and their reactions to stimuli and are going to find it more difficult to really "get" what the immateriality of being and the inner world is about. 

At the same time people who are more sensitive are more prone to having trauma and baggage that prevents them from staying too long in their inner world and getting really deep in their own conciousness. 

Further people who are lucky enough to be very sensitive and also had a very healthy upbringing with lots of love and support are more likely to have no need for spirituality because they never really suffered much. 

It all evens out. But in general if you are very brutish, traditionally masculine, and not sensitive at all, then you likely have no shot at attaining enlightenment frankly. Not everyone is meant to be spiritual. Some are meant for battle. Some are meant for farming. Some are meant for management. And some are meant to find God. 

It's a hundred different material factors.

If your mom beat you, you will have a much harder time of it, for example.

If you were born 1000 years ago, you would be a fucking barbarian.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

30 minutes ago, thisintegrated said:

yeah, I don't know how exactly it works. All magics can be bullshit. But this question contains a lot of assumption as well isn't it?

Environmental pressures,  being forced to. I know I developed because I had to or I would have really struggled emotionally.  

It's not all about 'smarts'. I'm not very smart. 

???????

Genetics and environment are the biggest factors.

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

Once you are no longer turning green with envy over other colours, you may become mellow as yellow. You got to be chill to surf the rainbow.

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

If your mom beat you, you will have a much harder time of it, for example.

It gives people more to work through, but it can also be a catalyst for the deepest introspection.

The most “spiritually gifted” people I’ve met suffered through horrendous childhood abuse then spent a couple of decades untangling it all.

What can be a hindrance at first can be an enormous advantage later.

Apparently.

@axiom Well then, I should give you candy-asses more beatings.

Abuse is never okay. A lot of people don't heal from it and their potential forever sabotaged. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

7 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

If you were born 1000 years ago, you would be a fucking barbarian.

...or you would be Milarepa, or you would be Abhinavagupta, or you would be a monk, priest or nun living in a Christian monastery or hermitage, or you would be a humble peasant regularly attending mass and abiding by the law laid down for you, or you would be part of a Jewish or Islamic contemplative order, or you would... Even if you were a "barbarian" you would likely be extremely devoted to the religious customs of your society and make regular offerings to the gods. We are the spiritual barbarians!

As far as why some people progress faster than others, it seems a bit absurd to ask this question whilst simultaneously excluding any explanation based on the prior existence ("soul") of the person because most of it comes down to precisely this. It's like asking "why do cars break down?" whilst claiming that any explanation based on road wear and service quality is just "low-hanging fruit".

He who bathes in the light of Oeaohoo will never be deceived by the veil of Mâyâ. 

Helena Blavatsky, The Secret Doctrine

6 minutes ago, Oeaohoo said:

or you would be Milarepa

Don't kid yourself.

7 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Don't kid yourself.

Haha. "I am God", obviously! "You could be Milarepa", don't be so foolish!

He who bathes in the light of Oeaohoo will never be deceived by the veil of Mâyâ. 

Helena Blavatsky, The Secret Doctrine

8 hours ago, TheOneReborn said:

The word "spiritually gifted" has been used a lot in Leo's videos. I think that probably is synonymous with one's own sensitivity and perceptiveness. People who are very low in sensitivity are probably less noticing of their own bodily sensations and their reactions to stimuli and are going to find it more difficult to really "get" what the immateriality of being and the inner world is about. 

At the same time people who are more sensitive are more prone to having trauma and baggage that prevents them from staying too long in their inner world and getting really deep in their own conciousness. 

Further people who are lucky enough to be very sensitive and also had a very healthy upbringing with lots of love and support are more likely to have no need for spirituality because they never really suffered much. 

It all evens out. But in general if you are very brutish, traditionally masculine, and not sensitive at all, then you likely have no shot at attaining enlightenment frankly. Not everyone is meant to be spiritual. Some are meant for battle. Some are meant for farming. Some are meant for management. And some are meant to find God. 

We really need to stop generalizing suffering, even in early childhood as a bad thing. For me it was the best thing that ever happened to me. I literally would not be who I am as a persona without it. One of the reasons people take so long to turn inward....is because they were able to forge healthy relationships. I was bullied and isolated....so I had no choice as a result but to self reflect, self inquire, and the rest is history. 

I had no choice but to fall in love with myself since I spent so much time with myself. My bad times have had more of a positive impact on my life than the good times. They always forced me out my comfort zone and into some type of growth. The good times just gave me peace and security which is good for resting between the tough times. So you can speak for people in general. Now I'm not saying my childhood was as bad as being raped or full of drugs. But I did have a father that repeatedly told me I was stupid for most of my life lol. Also use to beat me just because he was angry as well. There is more stuff....but yeah all those things taught me compassion, and increased my Self-Love.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.