ZenSwift

How do you deal with cringy memories?

14 posts in this topic

Been having a lot of cringey memories wander into my consciousness today and I realized that cringy memories come up all the time for me. 

How do you personally reconcile this for yourself?

I forgive my past, I release the future, and I honor how I feel in the present. 

Imagine yourself watching yourself on a stage, but from the audience's perspective. Wouldn't you laugh and enjoy at the funny show?
If you judge it, then it becomes awkward. Both for the performer and the audience. Detach yourself from the cringey situation in your mind, look at it, love it, and go on to the next moment.

“Life is just a break from an Infinite Orgasm. Prolong your break for as long as you want. Ride that wave. But don’t forget where you're headed.”

Not the spirituality subforum, but if you've ever spoken to God, you know how everything is recontextualized. God would not cringe but lovingly mock you like a good friend. Or treat you as a small child in need of guidance.  Treat yourself in a similar way. 

Edited by Proserpina

???????

Intelligent people don't really care about the past. And those who care don't really make a difference in the present.

Those who matter don't mind, and those who mind don't matter.

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

Its cringey because you think other people think its cringey and you dont want that so you hate yourself for doing that...but in the end when you think about it you dont care about it you care what people thought about you and want them to percieve you in some better way..

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

Oh man! I used to have that all the time. I would blush and feel a sense of shame when those came up. And then I would want to push them down as soon as I could so I didn't have to feel those sensations. 

You have to go into those memories and feel those emotions fully, and transmute them to love. The more you bring up that memory (by itself spontaneously, or consciously), and you transmute your feelings within the experience of the memory, then the more you will feel lighter in relation to that memory. You keep doing it and eventually all those memories feel lighter. That's just you processing your emotions bit by bit. 

For example I would have these images of my first kiss come up a lot. It was super awkward. I was so nervous. And I felt ashamed because I was so nervous and shy. And then for years I remember thinking about that experience and my body would tighten up and I would become embarrassed. I then pushed it down and repressed the memory. 

Those memories actually are a really good way to process how you feel about yourself. You can go back to any memory, visualize and feel as if it is now and then play around in it, seeing if you can take it not so personal. If you can let it go, feel a sense of laughter and groundedness. And ultimately feeling a sense of love and peace because it is all about being present with this moment. Any emotion attached to future or past, you can transmute by feeling love for yourself, now. 

When I think about a cringey situation I try to feel into the cringe.

I give my younger self a mental hug and learn to let go & smile about it.

Cringey memories are also great milestones for how much I’ve developed throughout the years. 

The game of survival cannot be won. 

Realizing that all your memories are imaginary and waking up to absolute solipsism so that you realize nobody else is there to cringe at you. Only you can cringe at yourself and you can choose not to. Also if ur not cringing and being absolutely embarrased by your past self, you havent grown enough

On 23/05/2022 at 9:29 AM, Vincent S said:

Imagine yourself watching yourself on a stage, but from the audience's perspective. Wouldn't you laugh and enjoy at the funny show?
If you judge it, then it becomes awkward. Both for the performer and the audience. Detach yourself from the cringey situation in your mind, look at it, love it, and go on to the next moment.

This works! You know what? I just woke up from a dream where that memory turned into something else that is completely different and instead now I will remember that, Thanks. 

I’m the one who dreams. 

14 minutes ago, Maka said:

This works! You know what? I just woke up from a dream where that memory turned into something else that is completely different and instead now I will remember that, Thanks. 

9_9^_^:x

“Life is just a break from an Infinite Orgasm. Prolong your break for as long as you want. Ride that wave. But don’t forget where you're headed.”

By cringing.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Do more cringey things until you are ok with it