Realms of Wonder

How do I inoculate myself against relying on others for answers and solutions?

25 posts in this topic

I know, I know, that's exactly what I am doing in this question. But a few of you are very wise, and may have perspective to share that may help. Any thoughts? 

Music is Love in disguise.

Imagine a future where Self Integration, Exploration and Creation is  normalized and encouraged.

https://wakingcall.com/

Unless you're doing your own primary research, you're always relying on others.

There are too many subjects out there for the average person to become a well-informed expert, and for many it's just not practical or useful.

When you do a Google search, it might feel like you're finding your own answers and solutions. But all of the information you find has been formulated by someone else.

What you really need to develop is critical thinking, rationality, and the ability to analyze information. Then you can rely on others but still have a high degree of certainty that their solutions are right.

When you're presented with an answer or solution, always re-examine it for potential blind spots or bias. Especially if the answer seems good and like exactly what you want to hear.

You'll never be totally self-reliant. But you can learn to identify high-quality research and information. Then you can determine for yourself if it's better to take NASA's word or a flat earther Youtuber on whether the earth is round or not.

An extreme example for illustration purposes. You can start off at that level, and then work down to more nuanced things like what the proper human diet is, or what's really going on with the Russia-Ukraine situation.

We are One and you are God.

All answers come from infinite universal intelligence.

All answers come from within your Self.

Honestly, I'd do a depth psychotherapy for life-long, non-situational self trust (barring your experiencing another traumatic event).

Imo, its probably because you had a childhood where your own preference/ wants/ desires weren't valued in the healthiest manner.

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback

U do learning and practicing things for 7 years or 10 years or 20 years and u will be self sufficient.we all were once a beginner.leo was once a beginner who sucked in doing things.every greate masters out there was once a sucker and a beginner

12 hours ago, Yarco said:

What you really need to develop is critical thinking, rationality, and the ability to analyze information. Then you can rely on others but still have a high degree of certainty that their solutions are right.

When you're presented with an answer or solution, always re-examine it for potential blind spots or bias. Especially if the answer seems good and like exactly what you want to hear.

Thanks for this.

Imagine a future where Self Integration, Exploration and Creation is  normalized and encouraged.

By realizing that answers and solutions aren't worth much unless they are rooted in your direct experience and personal insight.

Unearned answers simply aren't very powerful or valuable.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

There is a chapter from Arthur Schopenhauer that is relevant to this question.

It is Chapter VII and is found in The World As Will And Idea, Volume II. It's available online as a PDF, without cost.

It contains a simple yet powerful distinction that Leo has alluded to above.

Sometimes you need to rely on others because they will give you useful feedback and information which you might not be aware of. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

9 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

By realizing that answers and solutions aren't worth much unless they are rooted in your direct experience and personal insight.

Unearned answers simply aren't very powerful or valuable.

Thanks for your perspective. It is beginning to dawn, just how much more work there is to do, I question so little, and take so much on belief. 

On 3/30/2022 at 9:06 PM, Ulax said:

Honestly, I'd do a depth psychotherapy for life-long, non-situational self trust (barring your experiencing another traumatic event).

Imo, its probably because you had a childhood where your own preference/ wants/ desires weren't valued in the healthiest manner.

On reflection. This is very accurate, thanks for sharing.

In my opinion you really have to rely on people for most of the information in your life. All you can do is be aware that you are putting trust in others and take responsibility for your learning. Always take note of from where you get your information.

@Realms of Wonder You're welcome dude. I'd recommend Internal family systems therapy with an IFS institute certified therapist btw.

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback

You do know you are pure consciousness with infinite intelligence right? A rock is also intelligent. Prove and verify how a rock is intelligent. 

All intelligence is self-deception. All self-help is self-deception. You have been in a self-deception state for 10s of thousands of hours. It takes 10,000 hours to Mastry so you know how be deceptive. Now reverse the process of self-deception on its head to your advantage. 

You can't escape self-deception you can only reduce it. Self-Deception and Integrity are inversely related. Therefore, guage your integrity and self-deception scale. 

This is where a 24-carat understanding of Epistemology(Nature of mind) and Metaphysics becomes handy. 

I would say contemplate the right way. Not as a human instead as the awareness that you are.  If you Contemplate as human(which is false), you will get a human answer. Contemplate as consciousness you will get infinite answers. 

You will only rely on others to cross-reference and verify. Their answer will always be true anyways. Since they are operating at a relative truth level. You would know better and even understand how they come up with the answer. 

Remember all falsehood is Relatively true, Prove how each falsehood is true.  

Operate at the Absolute Truth level and understand the process of GODING. Take over the GODING process. 

Plus don't consider it as relying on others for solutions and answers. Recontextualize it as gathering information to enhance your reality manipulation skill. The only education out there is self-education anyways. Have an intrinsic motivation towards something. Embody the concept of the logos as Marcus Aurelius says. 

Two entities are at work at all times. The Ego (illusion) and GOD(eternal).  Be the GOD and use the ego consciously. 

28 minutes ago, Ulax said:

@Realms of Wonder You're welcome dude. I'd recommend Internal family systems therapy with an IFS institute certified therapist btw.

Thank you! another great resource. (I see now where you get your profile photo from ;) )

Are you constantly around people who are holding you back from thinking for yourself? Bombarding you with their input?

Or do you get comfort with other people guiding you? Nothing wrong with that either! If other people giving you answers helps you then great, I'm guessing its starting to hinder you now that you're making  this post?

14 minutes ago, AuroraDream said:

Are you constantly around people who are holding you back from thinking for yourself? Bombarding you with their input?

Or do you get comfort with other people guiding you? Nothing wrong with that either! If other people giving you answers helps you then great, I'm guessing its starting to hinder you now that you're making  this post?

Very interesting questions. 

At work, I am constantly bombarded with the "right" way to do things. The people around me are very experienced, and I am still learning to trust myself, quite a combo. Lately I have been intentionally verifying what they say, so I know for myself that it is true.

I live alone now, and that is partially where this question comes from, the solitude and space brings a sense that who I am is changing, and what I think is groundless, and that I have not questioned or verified 99% of my life. 

The thing is.. I dont mind others giving advice, but at my core, I want to do things a new way. An authentic way. My way, maybe I use others advice to help that happen, maybe not. I dont want to be a complete fool, just enough to figure out what works for ME.  ;) 

Thanks for asking! very thought provoking.

@Realms of Wonder no worries thank you for responding. Ugh work. Thats the place newbies usually get picked on   : /

Living alone can be nice. I feel these days we're overconnected with people, and feel like its hard to escape peoples influence. 

Totally agree man. We gotta figure out what works for ourselves and protect ourselves from people who are constantly trying to put their truths in our mouths 

You need to read more books so you will know the answers directly when people ask.