machiavelli

I feel LEO abandoned everybody by puting a price on his upcoming course.

21 posts in this topic

Leo, I think you should put your work on your youtube channel. By making a radical course and putting a price tag on it , you not only abandoning serious spiritual seekers but also making hard for anyone accessing it. 

Recently you have taken down the solipsism video which I didnt got chance to even view it. I am your old follower and following you since a long time. The pointers in the video helps in spiritual journey. You should have atleast uploaded it on your blog if not on youtube.

Please stay away from putting price tag by making new course because all serious people cannot be able to afford it. 

You should continue on your youtube channel . And make strict warning for everyone before any video .

I dont know why but I feel your work must be free and access to everybody.

I’m happy he put a price on it .. it’s a good way separate his serious students from his casual followers.

9 minutes ago, Terell Kirby said:

I’m happy he put a price on it .. it’s a good way separate his serious students from his casual followers.

@Terell Kirby What about all those who cant afford?

13 minutes ago, machiavelli said:

@Terell Kirby What about all those who cant afford?

U can wake up with the material now that is public.  

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

1 hour ago, machiavelli said:

Maybe what you really want as a result from a course is what you already have, so free and accessible it is? 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

You are whole and complete, right now. With or without the course.

The anxiety and fear of abandonment is not being caused from Leo. 

The fear of abandonment is coming from the belief that "I am incomplete and I need to find my fullfillment in the external world."

@machiavelli

I agree that it is little bit sad that Leo suddenly changed his whole youtube channel first to lower spiral dynamics teachings and having this break for couple of months NOW. Thing just is that actually I have been watching Leo's and Frank Yang's content as an entertainment and NOW both are taking break at least for a while.

Still what I want to you to understand is that actually all your answers can be found from present moment which we also call as HERE and NOW. Tell me what are the things that you try to attain from the course or from Leo overall and maybe I can help you to reach those goals without Leo's teaching and that way your happiness increases and addiction to Leo or to other spiritual gurus falls away :)

-joNi-

Edited by Kksd74628

Who told you that "others" are real?

What Leo has shared thus far for free is actually more than enough to help you wake up to highest understandings, you just need listen carefully, and listen listen through the lines. 

If you get the course for free, you aren't going to value it and take it seriously.

You're going to watch it for entertainment in the background at 2x speed while playing games, like you have for the last several hundred videos, without taking any actual action.

If you can't scrape together around $1,000 (even if it takes a year of saving) to buy the course, then you need to focus on mastering more practical aspects of your life before worrying about enlightenment.

Being a serious spiritual seeker doesn't mean you get to be a freeloader. If you want to learn about enlightenment for free, drop everything go trade your time at a monastery full-time for the next decade instead of paying a monetary price.

The price has to be high enough to keep teens out. No teenager is ready for the ultimate truth, they have a lot of other stuff to work on first. Many will end up killing themselves if they could just access the information for free.

3 hours ago, machiavelli said:

You know exactly why you feel it must be free hahahaha

21 minutes ago, Vibroverse said:

What Leo has shared thus far for free is actually more than enough to help you wake up to highest understandings, you just need listen carefully, and listen listen through the lines. 

I'm pretty sure he still keeps a lot of stuff to himself 

But with enough contemplation, meditation, studying & psychadelics everyone should have a shot.

I dont have a well formed argument about the isue, and I understad what you guys are saying about money and value. I aslo get the point of wanting people to "take it seriously". But I think its bigger than that. maybe Im wrong. But as an ex-cult memmer here is hoe I see it:

this is exacly how cults start. Good intentions, rigid spirtual ideas and especially a belief that almost no one else can understand you. 

Be carefull Leo. Being aware of the dangers does not make you immune to them. 

Im watching your videos for more than 6 years now. I respect and appreciate you and your work a lot. lately, you seemed to me more and more isolated, judgmental and honestly - like a broken record. I see the new course as a part of that change. Even in your "how to get laid" videos (by the way, I think they were a good refresher - *especially for you*!). Your anxiety and fears were much more present in my eyes. It seems, that in your point of view, every thing has to be an all-in project, and, at least in my experience and my point of view, that is not a healthy way of living and it causes you a lot of stress, isolation and frustration. 

My advise is to be more ordinary. Not boutique. 

And again, maybe Im wrong :) 

It doesn't matter, follow your own intuition and find the answers for yourself.
Leo's just a dude, doesn't mean what he says is right... people just take his word like it's truth, but his conduct here esp. in the dating section... says otherwise... 

I love the forum, but trust yourself more than people you find online.  You can unravel all of the secrets within yourself just by following your intuition.  Trust yourself more and what Leo does will matter less and less.

Like I said... he's just some dude.  Who cares what he does?  You're just as capable.

The answers are in you, not in some course.  He is literally selling "nothing" to you.  You can find nothing through meditation.  People interpret things from where they are at, so if you have some lonely guy who doesn't socialize well and thinks he's some genius - plugging drugs - that's what you get - solipsism.  Adopt your own path.

1 minute ago, Loba said:

It doesn't matter, follow your own intuition and find the answers for yourself.
Leo's just a dude, doesn't mean what he says is right... people just take his word like it's truth, but his conduct here esp. in the dating section... says otherwise... 

I love the forum, but trust yourself more than people you find online.  You can unravel all of the secrets within yourself just by following your intuition.  Trust yourself more and what Leo does will matter less and less.

Like I said... he's just some dude.  Who cares what he does?  You're just as capable.

The answers are in you, not in some course.  He is literally selling "nothing" to you.  You can find nothing through meditation.  People interpret things from where they are at, so if you have some lonely guy who doesn't socialize well and thinks he's some genius - plugging drugs - that's what you get - solipsism.  Adopt your own path.

Marry me!

@Zeroguy I can't marry, I have temperament issues, I'd be like my mother - an angry fish-wife. :P 

Maybe someday I'll find price charming after I work on my own shadows a bit more.  Still a ways to go.

@Loba You nailed it so hard that my only reaction was that.

Prince charming will come.Cheering for you in all aspects od your life.

Results will come.

1 hour ago, Michal__ said:

I'm pretty sure he still keeps a lot of stuff to himself 

But with enough contemplation, meditation, studying & psychadelics everyone should have a shot.

Yes, that's why I said you need to listen through the lines while he's speaking, try to hear what he's not saying with words. 

2 minutes ago, Vibroverse said:

Yes, that's why I said you need to listen through the lines while he's speaking, try to hear what he's not saying with words. 

Obviously.

But there's stuff he hasn't even hinted towards :P

The sense of entitlement here just positively blows my mind.

Leo has been extremely generous with the content that he has already provided for free.  The amount of value the guy has pumped out in the last years with no price tag is simply insane.  How much will be enough? He’s pushed the english language to it’s absolute limits trying to explicate these things for hundreds of hours, but at some point, explication is just not going to be sufficient for you to have any deeper insight.  Go off into the wilderness and contemplate.  Do the work.  Try more extreme methods: fasting, meditation retreats, psychedelics, breath work, etc.  Stop expecting everything to be spoon fed to you.  Hell, you can even rewatch many of his older foundational videos.  I think it would be a mistake to assume that you soaked in every implicit nuance from just watching them once through.  Either way, all of his teachings are only relaying concepts to you, and you can not awaken through concept.  Explication has it’s value and it can work to suss out many of your underlying assumptions, but eventually, your ability to grok what is being pointed to is totally on you.  Ultimately, Leo cannot make you understand something that your mind simply isn’t capable of understanding.  Eventually, you have to be your own light. 

Be thankful for the immense value that this man has already provided.  He doesn’t owe us shit.  I have a feeling that these kinds of posts, if anything, might make Leo want to stop teaching altogether.  But even if he did, I would remain forever grateful and satisfied with the service he has given.  

Edited by The Lucid Dreamer

@machiavelli I think Leo said awhile back that by the time we’re seeing a video it’s usually about an insight he had around 3 years prior. (Because it takes time to decide the best way of teaching things and there’s lots of topics to cover)  So all along he hasn’t been sharing his latest and deepest thoughts

I never saw Leo’s solipsism video either.  I too wished I had been able to.  It’s natural for curious people to want to know something that’s labeled as secret or forbidden.  So I spent several hours contemplating solipsism, and since I’ve seen all his other metaphysical videos, I think I was able to figure out about what he would’ve said

I understand why he took it down now.  I consider myself to be very psychologically stable and open to radical ideas, yet when I put the pieces together it triggered a fear response that I haven’t had with other ideas.  I’m fine now, it was a positive growth experience, just a very direct insight.  

It isn’t categorically different than Leo’s other ideas though, the pieces are all there.  The contemplation twisted my head in knots, it’s counterintuitive, I needed to talk with someone to finish sorting it out.  There’s probably other sources out there that talk about solipsism that can be helpful too

I think it’s very sensible that the deepest insights should be safeguarded in some way.  A paid course is a straightforward way of doing that, however maybe there could be a method for those who truly can’t afford it to demonstrate their psychological maturity and spiritual readiness somehow

On 05/03/2022 at 2:04 PM, machiavelli said:

Leo, I think you should put your work on your youtube channel. By making a radical course and putting a price tag on it , you not only abandoning serious spiritual seekers but also making hard for anyone accessing it. 

Recently you have taken down the solipsism video which I didnt got chance to even view it. I am your old follower and following you since a long time. The pointers in the video helps in spiritual journey. You should have atleast uploaded it on your blog if not on youtube.

Please stay away from putting price tag by making new course because all serious people cannot be able to afford it. 

You should continue on your youtube channel . And make strict warning for everyone before any video .

Technically, you put a price on it since there is no Leo and you are imagining all of reality.

Want a cheaper course? just do it.

''I am surrounded by priests who repeat incessantly that their kingdom is not of this world, and yet they lay their hands on everything they can get'' (NapoleonBonaparte).

"We control matter because we control the mind. Reality is inside the skull. You will learn by degrees, Winston. There is nothing that we could not do. Invisibility, levitation—anything. I could float off this floor like a soap bubble if I wish to. I do not wish to, because the Party does not wish it. You must get rid of those nineteenth-century ideas about the laws of Nature. We make the laws of Nature." (1984)