RMQualtrough

Leo featured in suicide cult article

392 posts in this topic

27 minutes ago, lostingenosmaze said:

???

Ahahahahaha....

Apologies to Joseph if he did not write the article.

I have no idea who wrote it. I was just speculating.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

11 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

So I read the article. The issue is that my teachings were simply never designed or intented for people with mental health issues or suicidal tendencies. I discourage such people from listening to my deepest work.

My work has never encouraged suicide, just the opposite. No mentally healthy person listening to my work would get the idea that I am suggesting you commit suicide. AT ALL. To suggest otherwise is simply dishonest. The thrust of my work has always been about prodding people into living with passion. But this is completely ignored by naysayers and critics. I don't sell a suicide course, I sell a life purpose course. I don't talk about suicide almost ever.

Also, what the author does not understand or acknowledge is that all spiritual work is psychologically dangerous and easily misinterpreted by the ego-mind. This doesn't make it a cult, it's just how serious spiritual work is. But normies do not appreciate this. They expect spirituality to be sweet and non-threatening.

Yes, psychedelics are dangerous when misused. I have warned of this many times.

Yes, my teachings are definitely all about undermining your sense of reality. If you don't like that or can't handle that, then don't listen to them. If you listen to me long enough your whole sense of reality will be destroyed. This is a feature, not a bug. You have to decide for yourself whether you can handle that. I cannot decide this for you.

A YT channel and an online forum does not constitute a cult. Nothing is "out of control" here. There is no risk of this place losing control and becoming a cult. I would never allow that and on one else has the Admin rights necessary to pull that off.

If you think that I have built a cult here, you're really insulting my ability to build a cult. If I wanted to build a cult it would be bigger than Osho's. And if I was teaching people who to commit suicide, I would have 100s of suicides to my name.

You'd build the best god damn cult.

11 minutes ago, herghly said:

You'd build the best god damn cult.

Too bad I have zero interest in that.

Or maybe I just should. I have all the bad rep of running a cult but none of the benefits. Feels kinda unfair. I should at least get some threesomes or something.

16 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Ahahahahaha....

Sorry Joseph ? 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

When suffering is really bad people hear what they want to hear; interpret how they want to interpret.

So much possiblity for misunderstanding!

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

1 hour ago, Inliytened1 said:
2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Ahahahahaha....

Sorry Joseph ? 

He/she honestly seems like the biggest fan... (whomever it was) in a weird roundabout way though. (I'm thinking about the wiki one not the original OP one).

Edited by puporing

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

2 hours ago, lostingenosmaze said:

???

Omfg LOL.

9 hours ago, puporing said:

He/she honestly seems like the biggest fan... (whomever it was) in a weird roundabout way though. (I'm thinking about the wiki one not the original OP one).

Yes it does.  It is obviously someone who follows his work closely.   And someone who feels cheated about not getting a hot witch girlfriend.

@Joseph Maynor btw - leo and i are not the same oerson (relatively speaking lol)  i have never used psychedelics and have had threesomes :)  but sorry again good luck in your spiritual work

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

6 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

threesomes :) 

Psychedelic or not, God seems to love plugging.

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

1 hour ago, Gesundheit2 said:

Psychedelic or not, God seems to love plugging.

God Loves it all

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

On 3/3/2022 at 7:50 PM, Leo Gura said:

Too bad I have zero interest in that.

Or maybe I just should. I have all the bad rep of running a cult but none of the benefits. Feels kinda unfair. I should at least get some threesomes or something.

I think having a cult puts you at risk of being in prison.

There was a teacher here who really encouraged psychotherapy for people on the path. He was belittled for it, (that's not how you awaken, etc) and then eventually asked to leave the forum. This was before the suicides.

I think there have been a lot of red flags along the way and a fundamental complete misunderstanding of what mental illness IS in this community. When articles demonize someone for misunderstanding, they just usually cause people to buckle down that THEY KNOW the right way. Unfortunately the tone here perpetuates a lot of shame around psychotherapy, mental illness, expression, and healing in general which is not separate from awakening at all. 

Edited by mandyjw

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

5 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

There was a teacher here who really encouraged psychotherapy for people on the path. He was belittled for it, (that's not how you awaken, etc) and then eventually asked to leave the forum. This was before the suicides.

I think there have been a lot of red flags along the way and a fundamental complete misunderstanding of what mental illness IS in this community. When articles demonize someone for misunderstanding, they just usually cause people to buckle down that THEY KNOW the right way. Unfortunately the tone here perpetuates a lot of shame around psychotherapy, mental illness, expression, and healing in general which is not separate from awakening at all.

Girrrrlllll, preach.

I feel this can be applicable for some folks, myself included.

52 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

He was not banned for advocating therapy. I encourage therapy to anyone who can afford it.

He was banned for denying that God and Love exist and for teaching about awakening when he was clearly not God-realized. He was teaching things which were false.

He was also arguing that therapy is more effective than psychedelics, which is also false. Psychedelics are clinically proven to be more effective than talk therapy for many conditions. Talk-therapy is not very effective for stuff life depression.

@Leo Gura I didn't say that you banned him for advocating therapy, I said you belittled him for it. 

Yes affordability is a hurtle for many. However, it seems we are going further in the direction of elitism here, not towards solving that major issue in our society. 

God and love do not "exist",  

"exist (v.) c. 1600, from French exister (17c.), from Latin existere/exsistere "to step out, stand forth, emerge, appear; exist, be" (see existence). "

in that they stand out from the fabric of reality as separate entities that could nor could not be realized. Language requires you either assert or deny, some teachings assert, some deny. I'm not sure why this is made into such a "thing". 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

31 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

@Leo Gura I didn't say that you banned him for advocating therapy, I said you belittled him for it. 

I belittled him for it on two specific points:

1) He suggested it is effective for awakening. No one is going to awaken from talk-therapy.

2) He claimed it is more effective than psychedelics for healing and introspection. This is contradicted by science and anecdotal experience.

Other than that I got no issue with people doing talk-therapy. In fact, if you struggle with mental stability then I recommend talk-therapy to work out your inner demons and such.

I am not opposed to doing talk therapy myself. I might do so in the future. It's helpful to talk stuff out.

But also, therapy is no magic pill.  People take lots of therapy and still end up killing themselves. Yet there is a gross double-standard here. If someone listens to Actualized.org and kills himself, it's Actualized.org's fault. Yet when thousands of people every year take therapy and kill themselves, therapy as a whole is never blamed. In fact, people are encouraged to take MORE therapy!

Could you imagine if someone watching my videos killed himself and my response was: Watch more of my videos! Yet this is exactly what therapists do.

Any reasonable person understands that it would be absurd to blame the entire field of therapy or a single therapist for the death of an already mentally dysfunctional person -- because therapy is socially acceptable and non-threatening to the ego-mind. Yet in the case of Actualized.org people look for any excuse to blame the teachings because they don't like the teachings. That's what this is really about.

Someone like Adeptus simply doesn't like the teachings, therefore his mind will find whatever excuse to demonize the teachings. The fundamental dishonesty of many Actualized.org critics is that they simply don't like teachings yet they must engage in mental gymnastics and personal attacks to rationalize it in their minds, rather than just being honest and admitting the truth: They just don't like the teachings.

If you don't like my teachings, no problem. Just be honest about it. Don't make up stories. You don't need to call me a pedophile cult leader. Just say, "I don't like your teachings." Okay, good. And maybe I don't like your face, so what?

God and love do not "exist",  

"exist (v.) c. 1600, from French exister (17c.), from Latin existere/exsistere "to step out, stand forth, emerge, appear; exist, be" (see existence). "

in that they stand out from the fabric of reality as separate entities that could nor could not be realized. Language requires you either assert or deny, some teachings assert, some deny. I'm not sure why this is made into such a "thing". 

Don't get cute with me.

God/Love are existence itself.

WinterKnight was not God-realized. And yet he was here acting like a guru. For that he was banned.

30 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I am not opposed to doing talk therapy myself. I might do so in the future. It's helpful to talk stuff out.

? Great.  Maybe a video or trip report would encourage others here who would benefit to see the worth of talking to someone too. 

30 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Don't get cute with me.

Cute? Why the belittling? "Don't play games, don't be cute, you aren't God realized, etc." I just want to have an honest conversation.

Edited by mandyjw

15 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

? Great.  Maybe a video or trip report would encourage others here who would benefit to see the worth of talking to someone too. 

Well, I started off a life coach. I know the value of talking to others about one's problems. Life coaching can be helpful. The problem is it tends to be too expensive to do on a regular basis.

You could pay $200/hr for coaching/therapy or you could buy 2 grams of 5-MeO-DMT, enough for 100 trips.

Cute? Why the belittling? "Don't play games, don't be cute, you aren't God realized, etc." I just want to have an honest conversation.

You were using verbal games to sow doubt and confusion as to the existence of God/Love.

You are a naughty girl. Tsk, tsk!

God/Love exists. Absolutely. Here you are.