RMQualtrough

Leo featured in suicide cult article

392 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Danioover9000 said:

@Thought Art

I think he meant with calling it elitist, is that there are barriers of entry to accessing the necessary psychedelics, at volume and at certain levels of intensity, that it's not easy to go through wothout having the extra cash for it,because it depends on your value system, cognitive and moral development, personality traits,states of being and general and specific life experiences and genetics that will act sometimes as barriers of entry.

For example, if your value system is more stage blue and less stage orange, have an American cultural upbringing, worldview of a boomer, cognitively cllose minded in general, morally an absolutist, sees world more in binaries, is too habituated with normal states of being, has limited emotional range, has few general and specific life experiences outside of the USA, is middle to low class, has a wife and children to look after, intimacy problems, too busy at work, a few hard core addictions and several or so soft addictions to work through, has a hobby, health and fitness declining and needs attention, less frey matter in brain to develop more open mindedness, and has low intrapersonal intelligence to be aware of a potential ideological view of spirituality and psychedelics, well it becomes already an uphill battle for such a person to do the work needed.

Hmm, well watching some free videos, and spending 30 bucks on some 5meo are a pretty sweet deal. 

Vs, say having money to take time off work for a 10 day retreat to meditate or go to Peru. 

There’s no escaping survival. This is an issues with all of reality. Deal with it.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

1 hour ago, mandyjw said:

Maybe it's because what "spiritual" is, isn't WORK, and when you TRY to DO work and the separate DOER it makes you suffer, which you then believe is the same thing as insanity? Who insists that it is in fact WORK and is in fact difficult? Maybe it's not that the danger is inherent in the spiritual, but that it's in the idea of the self who needs to do work to be ok with themselves? 

Again, HOW, HOW please tell me how, what I'm saying is arrogant? I'm saying people are parallel. There aren't levels. There isn't higher consciousness. There's just you. being. Love. Read my comments then read Leo's. Please tell me why I'M the arrogant one for pointing this out, when people are in fact actually dying around here? 

Sounds like you have a pretty low level understanding  of spiritual practices. 

not to be offensive but there is work to be done. Tripping is work, journaling and contemplating is work, doing yoga or Qigong is work, reading is work. 

If people were just magically okay or awake we would not  have a suicide and depression epidemic in the world, or wars, or religions or any of this stuff. Which we do. 

there’s a lot of pain and confusion, dogma, in the world. 

seems like bypassing actually reality to me when people say there is no work.

sort of relative and depends on your goals.

Maybe I’m having this conversation with with because you aren’t putting in the work? 

Maybe, for you there is no work. But, I think you are either lazy or deluded. Not saying you ARE, just you come off that way to me. 

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

On 3/5/2022 at 9:22 PM, Leo Gura said:

He was not banned for advocating therapy. I encourage therapy to anyone who can afford it.

He was banned for denying that God and Love exist and for teaching about awakening when he was clearly not God-realized. He was teaching things which were false.

He was also arguing that therapy is more effective than psychedelics, which is also false. Psychedelics are clinically proven to be more effective than talk therapy for many conditions. Talk-therapy is not very effective for stuff life depression.

I saw this comment and felt obliged to write this before I delete my bookmarks and subscriptions of Leo. 

I was doing Psychadelics heavily for 2 years or so (alone at home, set and setting and all of that...) and it nearly killed me in many ways. 

Started therapy, in particular Peter Levine's Somatic experiencing method with Polyvagal Theory and I can honestly say that for 6 months of therapy, my life has changed for the better unbelievably.
Psychadelics for me was just another escape from my mind and the feeling of alone-ness.

This was Leo says that psychadelics are clinically proven to be more effective than talk therapy is a very dangerous and WRONG claim. I'm sure he got it out of his ass, without any evidence. I'm pretty sure that he also has his traumas and escapes from them in psychadelics.

I really am hoping that with this last post of mine, at least one person tries to actually heal his/hers traumas and renew the frozen spiritual journey.

Edited by Stef_BG

@Thought Art You see the difference between talking about work and the people who have "done" work or not done "work" and... what is not work? Like... is meditation work or rest? You can refer to it as work, but if you feel like it is work and feel like shit for being lazy during meditation, that's just thoughts to drop. Does that make sense? 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

Ultimately , realize you are free to do whatever you want with your life.

my opinion is learn from as many people as possible, be open minded and do the work. If that resonates with you.

Simply love however you want.

people here have different operating systems and different goals. 

I’m gonna go join Elkhart Tolles cult and then every other cult until I’m all the cults. Then I’m gonna start watching all the movies with cult followings. 

then I’ll join mainstream cult ure

◭"89"

3 minutes ago, Stef_BG said:

I saw this comment and felt obliged to write this before I delete my bookmarks and subscriptions of Leo. 

I was doing Psychadelics heavily for 2 years or so (alone at home, set and setting and all of that...) and it nearly killed me in many ways. 

Started therapy, in particular Peter Levine's Somatic experiencing method with Polyvagal Theory and I can honestly say that for 6 months of therapy, my life has changed for the better unbelievably.
Psychadelics for me was just another escape from my mind and the feeling of alone-ness.

This was Leo says that psychadelics are clinically proven to be more effective than talk therapy is a very dangerous and WRONG claim. I'm sure he got it out of his ass, without any evidence. 

I really am hoping that with this last post of mine, at least one person tries to actually heal his/hers traumas and renew the frozen spiritual journey.

??❤

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

2 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

@Thought Art You see the difference between talking about work and the people who have "done" work or not done "work" and... what is not work? Like... is meditation work or rest? You can refer to it as work, but if you feel like it is work and feel like shit for being lazy during meditation, that's just thoughts to drop. Does that make sense? 

I love work and rest.

People here for example are depressions, addicted and anxious. 

meditating is hard for the first 6 months or so. It’s work, but doesn’t mean it’s not enjoyable.

I love my mediation… but, it’s not as easy as watching tik tok

The thing is you ARE PERFECT AS YOU ARE

”but you don’t know you beautiful” - One Direction

and maybe you need to do the work to realize it… 

and develop that sweet sweet Qi 

◭"89"

Just now, Thought Art said:

I love my mediation… but, it’s not as easy as watching tik tok

Maybe it's not as easy because easy is still a level of imagined difficulty? 

3 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

The thing is you ARE PERFECT AS YOU ARE

❤ I'll take that over the lazy and deluded comment! 

2 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

Maybe it's not as easy because easy is still a level of imagined difficulty? 

❤ I'll take that over the lazy and deluded comment! 

? love you Mandy 

Who knows, 

it’s easier everyday 

maybe it’s the human brain which craves fast and easy

◭"89"

For me, life is about being a student of the universe… 

fick actualized.org 

or any other finite system for learning this stuff

give me the foods bb

◭"89"

2 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

? love you Mandy 

Who knows, 

it’s easier everyday 

maybe it’s the human brain which craves fast and easy

Love you too! :)

Brain: "But instant seems too slow! It seems like NOTHING is happening. I know, I'll make it seem like what I want ISN'T already here and instant, then I can get it FAST!"

Awareness: ?‍♂️

4 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

Love you too! :)

Brain: "But instant seems too slow! It seems like NOTHING is happening. I know, I'll make it seem like what I want ISN'T already here and instant, then I can get it FAST!"

Awareness: ?‍♂️

Yeah, like I said different operating systems. 

For me… if I’m aware of my back pain… I can accept it and love it. But I’m gonna do a 1 hour Qigong session tonight after my back massage. 

Im aware of stagnant Qi, and my Dan tiens not being full ?

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"