RMQualtrough

Leo featured in suicide cult article

392 posts in this topic

lol that website is just trash sensationalist gossip. Every click on that website is one too many

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

Dumb. Ignore that stuff. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

2 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

Dumb. Ignore that stuff. 

Just be wary, when you jump to Leo's defense it makes them think it's a cult even more.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

3 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

Just be wary, when you jump to Leo's defense it makes them think it's a cult even more.

Every single person on this thread is defending Leo. Your point in singling out me? 

You're acting as though others aren't defending Leo. 

2 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

Every single person on this thread is defending Leo. Your point in singling out me? 

You're acting as though others aren't defending Leo. 

Didn't mean to single you out I'm just pointing it out in general.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Just now, Inliytened1 said:

Didn't mean to single you out I'm just pointing it out in general.

OK thanks for the reminder. 

So I read the article. The issue is that my teachings were simply never designed or intented for people with mental health issues or suicidal tendencies. I discourage such people from listening to my deepest work.

My work has never encouraged suicide, just the opposite. No mentally healthy person listening to my work would get the idea that I am suggesting you commit suicide. AT ALL. To suggest otherwise is simply dishonest. The thrust of my work has always been about prodding people into living with passion. But this is completely ignored by naysayers and critics. I don't sell a suicide course, I sell a life purpose course. I don't talk about suicide almost ever.

Also, what the author does not understand or acknowledge is that all spiritual work is psychologically dangerous and easily misinterpreted by the ego-mind. This doesn't make it a cult, it's just how serious spiritual work is. But normies do not appreciate this. They expect spirituality to be sweet and non-threatening.

Yes, psychedelics are dangerous when misused. I have warned of this many times.

Yes, my teachings are definitely all about undermining your sense of reality. If you don't like that or can't handle that, then don't listen to them. If you listen to me long enough your whole sense of reality will be destroyed. This is a feature, not a bug. You have to decide for yourself whether you can handle that. I cannot decide this for you.

A YT channel and an online forum does not constitute a cult. Nothing is "out of control" here. There is no risk of this place losing control and becoming a cult. I would never allow that and on one else has the Admin rights necessary to pull that off.

If you think that I have built a cult here, you're really insulting my ability to build a cult. If I wanted to build a cult it would be bigger than Osho's. And if I was teaching people who to commit suicide, I would have 100s of suicides to my name.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

They should go more after someone like that Bentinho guy. Who is talking about creating an 'enlightened city', being an alien, creating a social hivemind , targeting young girls with mental health issues so he can sexually abuse them etc. 

16 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

So I read the article. The issue is that my teachings were simply never designed or intented for people with mental health issues or suicidal tendencies.

My work has never encouraged suicide, just the opposite. No mentally healthy person listening to my work would get the idea that I am suggesting you commit suicide.

Also, what the author does not understand or acknowledge is that all spiritual work is psychologically dangerous and easily misinterpreted by the ego-mind. This doesn't make it a cult, it's just how serious spiritual work is. But normies do not appreciate this. They expect spirituality to be sweet and non-threatening.

Yes, psychedelics are dangerous when misused. I have warned of this many times.

An online forum does not constitute a cult.

Yes, my teachings are definitely all about undermining your sense of reality. If you don't like that or can't handle that, then don't listen to them. If you listen to me long enough your whole sense of reality will be destroyed. This is a feature, not a bug. You have to decide for yourself whether you can handle that. I cannot decide this for you.

We here all know this.  My recommendation would be to get on a call with Adeptus and clear the air with him.  He seems to think you just think he's a troll and that just promotes these types of articles from coming out.  I locked it because it's no point in us jumping to your defense here, it only makes matters worse.  It is best to talk with those who have criticism directly and not shy away from taking them on directly.  Or maybe you don't care which is fine too.  But these types of articles may continue to come out and tarnish your brand.   And that's a shame.  

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

30 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

My recommendation would be to get on a call with Adeptus and clear the air with him.  He seems to think you just think he's a troll and that just promotes these types of articles from coming out.  I locked it because it's no point in us jumping to your defense here, it only makes matters worse.  It is best to talk with those who have criticism directly and not shy away from taking them on directly.  Or maybe you don't care which is fine too.  But these types of articles may continue to come out and tarnish your brand.   

1) Of course these types of articles will come out. I fully expect it. This one wasn't even so bad. In the future there will be much worse articles that accuse me of everything from pedophilia to racism to Nazism and more. An eager critic can cherrypick things I have said to make me look like a monster. And of course they will jump on the opportunity to do that simply out of ignorance.

2) I have no interest in explaining myself to someone like Adeptus.

Locking the thread also makes it look like we are a cult shutting down all criticism.

The issue with these kinds of accusations is that you're damned if you do and damned if you don't. You can't win. It's a classic political smear. The accusation is enough to do the damage and then you waste your time on top of that trying to defend against it, which just makes you seem more guilty in the eyes of clueless on-lookers.

I am happy to let my work speak for itself. Anyone who watches my videos seriously will understand. And those who just cherrypick a few sharp comments from my 35,000+ forum responses will never understand. I don't even consider my forum responses to be part of my canon of work. These are just casual, off-hand comments. The work itself is in the videos.

6 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

1) Of course these types of articles will come out. I fully expect it.

Locking the thread also makes it look like we are a cult shutting down all criticism.

Let them come! ?  kinda figured you would reopen anyway 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Leo Gura The article said that the writer reached out to you to comment, is that true?

Edited by vizual

10 minutes ago, vizual said:

@Leo Gura The article said that the writer reached out to you to comment, is that true?

I get thousands of emails that I don't have time to read.

I assume they emailed me.

But if the New York Times was writing an article about me and emailed me, I would not read it.

Personally, this work is turning me into a fountain of joy and love. Even my friends are commenting on how good my energy is these days. 

Qigong is a big part of that.

I went through some rough spots. I don’t think the forum is toxic. People will complain about anything. 

I don’t trust Leo, I observe him and learn from him. But, I learn from plenty of others as well. 

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

18 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

1) Of course these types of articles will come out. I fully expect it.

The issue with these kinds of accusations is that you're damned if you do and damned if you don't. You can't win. It's a classic political smear. The accusation is enough to do the damage and then you waste your time on top of that trying to defend against it, which just makes you seem more guilty in the eyes of clueless on-lookers.

I am happy to let my work speak for itself. Anyone who watches my videos seriously will understand.

6 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I get thousands of emails that I don't have time to read.

I assume they emailed me.

If the New York Times was writing an article about me and emailed me, I would not read it.

I praise you for your resilience and honesty in the face of worthless criticism. You don't owe anyone an explanation. 

Just be you and it will be enough. 

Good job Leo. 

It frustrates me a lot when people have such bad faith interpretations of spirituality lol. 

Maybe a sign of jealousy. ;)

This is not supposed to replace therapy/shadow-type work for people struggling with mental health. 

Yes on the other side there's tremendous peace and love and serenity but that's not some guarantee it's up to the individual.

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

26 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

then you waste your time on top of that trying to defend against it, which just makes you seem more guilty in the eyes of clueless on-lookers.

I agree your damned either way but at the same time It's not defending its enlightening...shutting them out as trolls makes it worse then speaking to them directly in my opinion.  It takes 5 minutes to explain to someone what you just explained to us and move on. If they come on here and read it fine.   Totally your call.  Your work your business.  I just believe it is a total lack of communication that causes these things to come out.  But hey its no skin off my back if its no skin off yours.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.