Miguel1

Bentinho Massaro & His Shadows - He could be in some serious shit this time.

176 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, Yali said:

@Leo Gura It sounds like he's using his position of power to have fun. I don't know if you would call this a cult?

He's using his position of power to milk his followers to satisfy all of his extravagant survival needs: money, housing, travel, sex, purpose, socialization, power, status, etc.

This is the function of a cult. A cult is a structure to meet all the egoic needs of the leader under one roof. You create your own mini society and then rule over it.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

16 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

People are not interested in awakening, they are interested in playing spiritual games within a spiritual community. It's like a country club/nightclub for New Agers. Of course girls get drawn into that and end up fucked because girls are such social creatures. It's a combination of status game, social circle game, and spiritual games. This is a hot spiritual girl's wet dream. She gets lured.

I think the need to bond with other humans is an important need. Very hard to control. Very few people like to have a solitary journey. Most people don't want to feel alone on a spiritual journey, they want to bond with other spiritual fellows and as a result they're looking to be a part of an organization or community where they can share their progress with safety and assurance. This need is often exploited and such people are often drawn into a cult or their need to be a part of a community is used against them, they're taken advantage of and then exploited. I understand that people will play games in a community. But at the same time there are genuine spiritual seekers who aren't there to play games but be a part of a community that is supportive of their journey when the society generally tends to frown upon it. Such people are very vulnerable and it's unfair to exploit the needs of spiritual seekers. Also I see a lot of similarities between this guy and  Osho. Osho satisfied his ego needs using his devoted followers. 

Edited by Preety_India

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

3 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

I think the need to bond with other humans is an important need. Very hard to control. Very few people like to have a solitary journey. Most people don't want to feel alone on a spiritual journey, they want to bond with other spiritual fellows and as a result they're looking to be a part of an organization or community where they can share their progress with safety and assurance.

Yes!

This is the whole problem. You're not going to awaken as part of a herd.

But at the same time there are genuine spiritual seekers who aren't there to play games but be a part of a community that is supportive of their journey when the society generally tends to frown upon it. Such people are very vulnerable and it's unfair to exploit the needs of spiritual seekers.

Yeah, well, I will just add that such people will not awaken because they aren't really looking to awaken, they are looking for a social experience.

Do you want a social experience or do you want Truth? Decide.

Wonder if this is how Leo thinks of Osho too... I really wish there was a community like Osho's. Yeah, he had blindspots but that can be fixed/improved.

But this forum is not that different @Preety_India.

Edited by puporing

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

Do you want a social experience or do you want Truth? Decide

You can have both @Leo Gura

2 minutes ago, puporing said:

Wonder if this is how Leo thinks of Osho too... I really wish there was a community like Osho's. Yeah, he had blindspots but that can be fixed/improved.

It's simple to me: I look at all these spiritual communities and groups and retreats and I ask myself "Is anyone here God-realized?" And the answer is inevitably: of course not. So to hell with 'em.

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Yes!

This is the whole problem. You're not going to awaken as part of a herd.

Yeah, well, I will just add that such people will not awaken because they aren't really looking to awaken, they are looking for a social experience.

Do you want a social experience or do you want Truth? Decide.

How can I let go of my human needs? It's basically coded into my DNA. 

4 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

It's simple to me: I look at all these spiritual communities and groups and retreats and I ask myself "Is anyone here God-realized?" And the answer is inevitably: of course not.

But what is there to do after you're God-realized? Life becomes a play for you. So you continue to do things like socializing.

Maybe you're just hung up on the stated 'purpose' of it. Maybe you'd rather run a 'socializing organization' than a 'spiritual community' at that point.

Edited by puporing

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

3 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

How can I let go of my human needs? It's basically coded into my DNA.

You can't just let go of them, but at least don't confuse them with spirituality.

Of course overcoming those human needs is the whole bitch of this work. Without those needs the work would be too easy.

You are basically asking the question: "How can I become selfless when I am so selfish?"

Yeah. That's the ultimate problem.

Just now, Leo Gura said:

You can't just let go of them, but at least don't confuse them with spirituality.

Of course overcoming those human needs is the whole bitch of this work. Without those needs the work would be too easy.

Yes! Totally agree. 

4 minutes ago, puporing said:

But what is there to do after you're God-realized? Life becomes a play for you. So you continue to do things like socializing.

Yes, there is nothing to do and there are no problems.

Still, the key question is: Are Benny's people awakening? And the answer is no, they are too busy playing games.

4 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Yes, there is nothing to do and there are no problems.

Still, the key question is: Are Benny's people awakening? And the answer is no, they are too busy playing games.

Makes sense. Path of least resistance or something.

His spirituality is basically copy pasta mixed with culty social group...I've seen it at least a hundred times in Sedona and other places where new agers frequent. What was going on in that scene seems particularly toxic, it really does go to show what can happen with the right mix of charisma, social pressure and misguided belief.

It's really is easy to learn the concepts and rhetoric then regurgitate them in a convincing way, even this place isn't immune to the posers. It's almost like an added obstacle and distraction to those who are genuinely seeking a cessation of self suffering, don't be discouraged or disillusioned, liberation is always present in any and every moment.

Edited by SOUL

The fundamental problem is that Benny is still very young and immature.

A horny 30 year old guy is in no position to lead a spiritual community. It is foolish that anyone thinks he could.

Why do you think I never started one? I knew it would obviously turn into a shitshow that distracts from serious work.

It's like herding a bunch of horny cats.

@Leo Gura Well good on you for having much self-control, I'm sure it has been tempting at times. xD

Just now, Leo Gura said:

The fundamental problem is that Benny is still very young and immature.

A horny 29 year old guy is in no position to lead a spiritual community.

This is a very good point. That's why I am a bit wary when I see very young spiritual gurus especially on YouTube. 

You started out your journey with basic self help and understood all the aspects of human karma (like you said in the burning through karma) and then you naturally progressed through stages of enlightenment and you're ready for the next phase of your awakening journey. 

A lot of these young gurus and teachers never went through your journey. They directly jumped on Awakening. That's when you know that they are playing an ego game. They want to be known as awakened without actually doing the work or putting the effort for it the way you did. They simply want to enjoy the fruits of this ego game without actually putting in any labor. 

And here they are with their weaknesses on full display, taking advantage of others, not realizing that they have created a big joke out of this serious work. 

6 minutes ago, Judy2 said:

I wasn't sure if i should say it but I've heard that he did at least attempt to pursue a girl or two on the forum.

In a respectful manner though, i hope.

There is a big scale difference but I get it. I mean people meet through work and stuff for example. :)

22 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

It's like herding a bunch of horny cats

??? Leo has the talent to be a comedian I think.

Leo already hammered this home in a lot of his videos because a lot if people fall into this trap; it’s really the best for yourself and others if you first develop yourself into a responsible adult before trying to become enlightened. Develop your morality, intelligence, practicality, sociability and common sense first. Most people I meet in real life haven’t even developed these areas to an acceptable level.

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

This is why I like ISTA. It’s horny and it knows it.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"