Gregory1

Is Nahm banned? Or just demoted?

459 posts in this topic

@Thought Art

4 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

I appreciate Leo's work. But, for my life and spiritual needs personally... It's not the only one I am interested in. If I only used leo for spirituality I would be dysfunctional and neurotic. Not that his teachings are bad, they are amazing and when used in combination with other teachers and practices are very good. 

I may not be able to "Awaken" through Qigong and meditation but I am developing a quality of spiritual embodiment you won't through tripping. Though, that is part of a healthy practice as well.

Personally, Leo is one part of my spiritual/ practical tool kit. I learn from everyone.

Meditation is a great skill to have. It does not matter if it will awaken you or not.Because It definitely makes your life a lot better. Meditation is the best thing I've ever done for myself. 

I have peace of mind like never before after 5 years of meditation. And it only gets better with time. 

Edited by SQAAD

4 minutes ago, Gregory1 said:

Well technically Leo asked him to "leave the forum..."

Yeah... But in his post 'Nahm being demoted' he (Leo) wrote:

Unfortunately he can longer be a Mod and the situation may devolve to the point where I have to ask him to leave this forum entirely

so I was hoping that he wouldn't actually ask Nahm to leave. Idk. After all, he didn't ban him, he just demoted him.

And even if Leo asked him to leave - I find it a bit disappointing that Nahm and Leo would have this disagreement between each other without ever letting the forum members know about their dispute, and then one day Nahm suddenly just leaves without any prior announcement 

I was hoping for a compromiss

5 minutes ago, SQAAD said:

@Thought Art

Meditation is a great skill to have. It does not matter if it will awaken you or not.Because It definitely makes your life a lot better. Meditation is the best thing I've ever done for myself. 

I have peace of mind like never before after 5 years of meditation. And it only gets better with time. 

There are hundreds of styles of meditation as well which are crucial for embodiment and inner alchemical practices. 

I've been doing microcosmic orbit, three treasures and inner smile and am seeing results.

I've also been doing Taoist Standing meditations which I really really enjoy.

Developing pure bliss in my sits!

Don't give your authority to any teacher.

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

9 minutes ago, SQAAD said:

Leo is abusing his power on this forum and is turning this thing into a monarchy. First by watching private messages and now by demoted people who don't fit his square. 

I've been asking serious questions lately and instead of getting serious replies I get insulted and my threads banned..

I was thinking that Awakening was supposed to make you a nicer person. But Leo's empathy levels recently have been concerning. Things are only gonna get much worse it seems. Just watch what happens the next months. 

5 minutes ago, SQAAD said:

@Thought Art

I have peace of mind like never before. 

4 hours ago, roopepa said:

lol

Then you are clearly not ready for the highest teaching !1! But hey, you can stick to a normal good life...but you will never be up there because of who you are, just leave the super super high awakening aside and do some Meditation...but only for the ordinary!  ;)

Sorry @roopepa didnt want to quote you here.

Edited by Nadosa

2 minutes ago, Nadosa said:

Then you are clearly not ready for the highest teaching !1! But hey, you can stick to a normal good life...but you will never be up there because of who you are, just leave the super super high awakening aside and do some Meditation...but only for the ordinary!  ;)

These things are not exclusive to one another. After you 'awaken' you are still here in the finite dream. Might as well develop an inner well being and blissful life systems.

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

@Nadosa

15 minutes ago, Nadosa said:

This is such a nonsensical post...  I bet a great meditator would have greater and deeper trips than a normie. 

What are you suggesting exactly? Like tripping for eternity is sustainable. Plus you always come down.

Edited by SQAAD

4 hours ago, RMQualtrough said:

There is no Nahm. Demotion is just a concept. No demotion so nobody to demote.

Namaste. Prayer emoji heart emoji.

Edit: Buy my one on one coaching. Just $150.

He was doing it for free for years, he only started to charge because he wanted to make it his full time job.

hrhrhtewgfegege

@Roy Nahm's sessions are good

◭"89"

1 minute ago, Roy said:

He was doing it for free for years, he only started to charge because he wanted to make it his full time job.

Definitely. He helped me for freely. And enlightenment. 

10 minutes ago, SQAAD said:

@Nadosa

This is such a nonsensical post...  I bet a great meditator would have greater and deeper trips than a normie. 

What are you suggesting exactly? Like tripping for eternity is sustainable. Plus you always come down.

27 minutes ago, SQAAD said:

@Thought Art

I have peace of mind like never before. 

4 hours ago, roopepa said:

lol

I am being sarcasting. Damn. Who the hell would take "!1!" srsly??

Sorry the quotes are kinda off on the phone. Cant delete the other quotes.

Edited by Nadosa

@Nadosa You can delete them you just gonna mash it

◭"89"

I appreciate the tough conversation and believe it was due.  I am posting my recent thread exchange with Nahm.

We are all engaged in what is arguably the most challenging endeavor.  The awakening process is gutting-wrenching destruction in the pursuit of liberating grandeur.  I believe one the most rewarding moments, that impacts us and those around us, is when we realize that we won't every truly know the magnitude.   We may know how to drive a car without understanding the engineering and manufacturing process.  We may know deep truths that provide the framework consciousness but intricate details may remain hidden to us.

In my opinion, my judgment based on my interactions and observations, Nahm enjoyed the lofty razzle-dazzle of the consciousness framework. The spiritual quips and anecdotes that pointed to and contained volumes but actively described or elaborated upon nothing.  The beauty of the words is solely dependent upon what the person reading them brought to the table.

While Nahm had his heartfelt and caring moments I do feel as though there was a surplus of high-handed spiritually superior slaps being delivered with these quips.  These quips shut down the conversation, they didn't encourage it.  These quips didn't inspire someone to add more, they didn't acknowledge what was being offered by the poster or commenter. 

There is power in the absolutist quips, they can't really be challenged.  When a person slips down into manifested reality and begins to discuss something a huge opportunity to be questioned comes into play.  Every time we say something we immediately negate exponentially more.  Part of what we negate we probably subscribe to but due to the limitation of linear language we find ourselves pigeonholed and open to question by others.

Sometimes we can evaluate or see things better by what isn't being said or by what is being done.

Not sure how I feel about sharing this but...

Nahm continually speaks about "thought" and we aren't really real type stuff.  If he truly believed this to be true, then there wouldn't be any impact or reason to not continue to participate.  He wasn't affected because he isn't real. 

I think I want to speak to this as a reflection upon all of us and our lofty interpretations about unified consciousness and the strong desire to see ourselves like this and not the body and mind. 

My personal belief is we are asleep and know nothing of these teachings and then we begin to awaken to these teachings.  Some people get lost in the teachings and negate certain aspects of life, others eventually spiral back to the human experience with the knowledge and continue to participate in the evolution of human expression.  We are always participating in the evolution or awakening, my point is some people get caught in the lofty and end up, ironically, being demeaning, judgmental, hypercritical about awakening consciousness.  Other people spirial back to the day to day, chop wood, carry water, and make immense space for all representations of the awakening process, not just the lofty unified position.

Spiritual pride is real and I think Nahm is wrestling with that, I think we all do, or continue to in varying degrees.

I do hope Nahm returns, opens to the commentary and benefits from the awakening that exists in all the sharing.  This would require humility stemming for a degree of personal awakening.  Pride will put up a fight. 

I do hope people are willing to show mercy and support in the growth process.  We all deserve support.  We also deserve a degree of harmonious forum interaction, and Nahm should be open to the voice of the community.  It is a two-way street.

52 minutes ago, SQAAD said:

Leo is abusing his power on this forum and is turning this thing into a monarchy. First by watching private messages and now by demoting and banning people who don't fit his square. 

I've been asking serious questions lately and instead of getting serious replies I get insulted, threatened of ban and my threads closed. Nice treatment.. Very nice... 

I was thinking that Awakening was supposed to make you a nicer person. But Leo's empathy levels recently have been very very concerning. Things are only gonna get much worse it seems. Just watch what happens the next months. 

You were asking questions over and over about solipsism and it gets tiresome.  You are not gonna get the answer of whether there are other people having experiences or not from us...you can become directly conscious of the answer but it takes spiritual practice.  That is why he got frustrated.  Because you want conceptual answers but it doesn't work like that.  You need to validate for yourself.  You know where we stand on the teachings already so asking the same questions over and over isn't helping 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Nahm was a great guy with a big heart, he might have needed to go but he definitely don't deserve the shade.

He had good intentions and tried to help people. I respect that.

"Sometimes when it's dark - we have to be the light in our own tunnel"

@SamC Hilma Af Klint... Your profile photo.. Love that painting, hope to see an exhibit at some point in my life... Off topic, sorry, got excited to see the image..

1 hour ago, Roy said:

I messaged him over the phone yesterday, not impossible, but very likely he's never coming back. Would you?

Legit, most of his pals have turned Judas on him ITT.

No shade on Nahm

◭"89"

17 minutes ago, RevoCulture said:

@SamC Hilma Af Klint... Your profile photo.. Love that painting, hope to see an exhibit at some point in my life... Off topic, sorry, got excited to see the image..

Yeah its my favorite aswell! Cool to see that someone else appreciate her work too:)

"Sometimes when it's dark - we have to be the light in our own tunnel"

@Thought Art

Do you feel this is an all-or-nothing proposition?  Do you believe this thread appeared out of nowhere?  Are the expressions of others not valid in your eyes? 

Instead of "no shade on Nahm," should we consider something like "Let's help Nahm grow through community support?"

1 hour ago, Tim R said:

I was hoping for a compromiss

Yeah, it seems he really left the forum. Kinda sad, this place won't be the same without him.

Though the guy himself will probably break his ribs laughing. Think about it, a guy gets yeeted from spirituality forum for being too spiritual and Advaitan, "non-dual". xDxDxD

Everyone is waiting for eternity but the Shaman asks: "how about today?"