Gregory1

Is Nahm banned? Or just demoted?

459 posts in this topic

Just a reminder, this is not an organization. Anyone can get a .org site. This is solely Leo's forum for the purpose of promoting Leo. The potential for dissapointment is when you start to believe it is a free community or based around community values. It is not. More obviously now more than ever. 

2 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

Actually it should be unethical for a mod to accept money from users. This is not the place for that. That is a serious breach of forum guidelines and in general bad faith behavior. 

It isn't unethical, this forum allows self promotion in links and discussion of teachers. I've been on past forums where this was even more often the case than it is here and it actually enhanced the quality of the forum. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

11 minutes ago, StarStruck said:

You shouldn't be afraid for public feedback. You actually should welcome it like Roy did in the previous page. It only shows your problematic attitude as a mod.

2 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

User feedback is important.

I actually thought about making my own topic about it way before Roy made that comment, but then I realized it's not needed. You can stop your crusade now.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Nahm's behavior was incredibly unethical and harmful. But he is so unconscious he doesn't even realize.

@mandyjw i agree it’s not unethical per se. If the mod has a disclaimer that he is not affiliated with Leo or actualized.org. 

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

Just now, vizual said:

@mandyjw i agree it’s not unethical per se. If the mod has a disclaimer that he is not affiliated with Leo or actualized.org. 

He is by definition affiliated with the forum because he's a mod with a special title, which brings a sense of authority 

11 minutes ago, Gesundheit2 said:

This forum is becoming personal without development.

Haha..And you are lucky to even still be here lol.  

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

7 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

It isn't unethical, this forum allows self promotion in links and discussion of teachers. I've been on past forums where this was even more often the case than it is here and it actually enhanced the quality of the forum. 

I don't know how you say that. Leo has already made it clear that a user cannot advertise their product here or leech off the audience here for their own private business which is exactly what Nahm was doing. He was using the members for his private business. He was charging them money. In essence he was leeching off the audience here for his private services which is unethical and clearly against forum guidelines 

Guidelines are strict for normal users here. But guidelines are even stricter for mods here because they are the ones who are enforcing them. 

Promotion of a website /social media is allowed. But leeching the members financially is not allowed. Huge difference 

Edited by Preety_India

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

1 minute ago, Preety_India said:

I don't know how you say that. Leo has already made it clear that a user cannot advertise their product here or leech off the audience here for their own private business which is exactly what Nahm was going. He was using the members for his private business. He was charging them money. In essence he was leeching off the audience here for his private services which is unethical and clearly against forum guidelines 

Guidelines are strict for normal users here. But guidelines are even stricter for mods here because they are the ones who are enforcing them. 

Promotion of a website /social media is allowed. But leeching the members financially is not allowed. Huge difference 

Yet everyone was fine with it yesterday.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@vizual Leo IS actualized.org. All of the original mods, or rather mods that were here just 3 years ago have left. One even changed his/her name to Leopleasebanme until he did. The remaining mods are all relatively new. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

3 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

I had no idea that he was charging money. I thought he was simply helping vulnerable people with free Skype sessions. 

No. Taking money from users here for whatever reasons should be absolutely unethical. You're not here to market your business. 

That's grossly illegal behavior. 

I'm surprised this was not even investigated into. 

Edited by Preety_India

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Just now, mandyjw said:

@vizual Leo IS actualized.org. All of the original mods, or rather mods that were here just 3 years ago have left. One even changed his/her name to Leopleasebanme until he did. The remaining mods are all relatively new. 

Yeah but not everyone knows that. Some people may not be that familiar with this community and come across a mod offering teaching services for money. That new person might think that that mod is teaching what Leo is teaching because he is a mod on actualized.org. Obviously there’s an ethical problem there.

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

Nahms sessions are an incredible value. My massage therapist is a friend I met through a friend, what should I stop paying her? Friends buy from friends. 

guys it's "just" a forum, you're seemingly taking this stuff too seriously

8 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

Nahm's behavior was incredibly unethical and harmful. But he is so unconscious he doesn't even realize.

Do you think it's just thst you were upset that you paid money for his counsel and then weren't happy with the results and maybe a little but bitter here?  I'm not saying the guy was perfect but it seems your being a bit excessive.   But I could be wrong it's just an honest question.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Just now, vizual said:

Yeah but not everyone knows that. Some people may not be that familiar with this community and come across a mod offering teaching services for money. That new person might think that that mod is teaching what Leo is teaching because he is a mod on actualized.org. Obviously there’s an ethical problem there.

Ethics is a thought. Can you point to ethics? 

There's no you who can or can't be ethical. 

That will be $500

2 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

guys it's "just" a forum, you're seemingly taking this stuff too seriously

I agree...yet at the same time we are also a community in a sense...

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

5 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

I just thought Leo's guidelines weren't being enforced, which gave the sense that some people were allowed to "break rules" than others. Maybe if he was more clear on how exceptions are handled it would make more sense.

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

5 minutes ago, vizual said:

It appears to be an organization, because of how Leo built it. Who does this forum actually promote? ? If people who dedicate much of thier time here promote thier own endeavors that only makes the whole place richer. How many people here share thier art, music or promote YouTube channels? Even if it's just for encouragement?

Edited by mandyjw

1 minute ago, Inliytened1 said:

Do you think it's just thst you were upset that you paid money for his counsel and then weren't happy with the results and maybe a little but bitter here?  I'm not saying the guy was perfect but it seems your being a bit excessive.   But I could be wrong it's just an honest question.

No, i mean I am bitter and part of my post is motivated by shadow motivations so it's not like my criticism is coming from pure harmony.

But Nahm isn't a good teacher or an honest person, it just took me a while to realize it.

I am being excessive, but Nahm was also unethical and fraudulent.