justfortoday

A Detailed Explanation of How, and Why You Are the Only One Conscious

124 posts in this topic

Nice Post. But I highly doubt others are empty suits. Why God couldn't live simultaneously all possible lives? 

Who limits God to one life per time??  Why can't there be anything outside my Consciousness? (like another life) 

Edited by SQAAD

2 hours ago, patricknotstar said:

so you think the person reading this post and typing this response (me) doesn't exist because I feel quite alive, and if everyone from your pov is just avatars what enticed you to make this post , who are you trying to convince if you're the only conscious being in existence why write all this when the only one reading it is you?

You’re looking at this from a different perspective. Everything that happens is an empty appearance of infinity, made for the amusement of God, which plays every character — not simultaneously, but timelessly. So what you are is the only being that exists, which is the same as my being. The trouble in understanding is unavoidable because it’s impossible to think in terms of timelessness wherein everything not only happens at once, but actually doesn’t really happen at all.

Edited by The0Self

2 hours ago, patricknotstar said:

so you think the person reading this post and typing this response (me) doesn't exist because I feel quite alive, and if everyone from your pov is just avatars what enticed you to make this post , who are you trying to convince if you're the only conscious being in existence why write all this when the only one reading it is you?

Don't blindly believe me anything I'll write below as "I" haven't awoken myself to these things yet.

But the way I understand it is if you're reading this post then YOU are everything that exists.

There is no @justfortoday pov/consciousness, only yours. You dreamed up this post, this forum, all its members etc.

So if you now asked me "but didn't you type your comment yourself" I would answer "yes, I wrote this post", but that's because you are so good at imagining me, that I will never give you any indicators that I might not be a real consciousness.

You are infinitely good at fooling yourself and making yourself believe that I'm some consciousness writing a response to your post.

Just because this guy puts it in a post that seems like it can be understood, make sure you don’t believe it. If your not conscious of it, it doesn’t count. It’s easy to say yea that makes sense. But a lot of things make sense. Just because it’s framed well doesn’t make it true. It very well could be true. But until one is conscious of it them very selves, it’s not. Your reality is constructed through beliefs so don’t just be adding another one to it. I’m not saying everyone is, I’m just making sure everyone doesn’t. You know full well when your conscious of something and when your not. If your conscious of something it’s 100% no matter what you want or what feels good or bad to you, it just is what it is. But if your not conscious of it, then it’s not the case

Edited by Dazgwny

On 22/2/22 at 10:29 AM, Inliytened1 said:

It's everything.  But this is everything.  What you see before you. Actuality.   What is actual.  All else is imagination.  ALL else.  Imagining there could be other acualities is more Imagination 

What you see before you is still “imagination”

9 hours ago, Dazgwny said:

Just because this guy puts it in a post that seems like it can be understood, make sure you don’t believe it. If your not conscious of it, it doesn’t count. It’s easy to say yea that makes sense. But a lot of things make sense. Just because it’s framed well doesn’t make it true. It very well could be true. But until one is conscious of it them very selves, it’s not. Your reality is constructed through beliefs so don’t just be adding another one to it. I’m not saying everyone is, I’m just making sure everyone doesn’t. You know full well when your conscious of something and when your not. If your conscious of something it’s 100% no matter what you want or what feels good or bad to you, it just is what it is. But if your not conscious of it, then it’s not the case

Needed to read this, I've been cranky all day pondering this. I don't wanna be omnipotent if it means being all alone for eternity. See, if what I truly am absolutely speaking is infinite nothingness, then creating other, even though if relatively speaking... is SOMETHING in and of itself. Because at that point I can have the perspective that it COMES from me, I created that, it's beautiful and it'll be with me for some time. Until both me and that other die, and "we" become a completely different other. Imaginary means nothing when it's infinitely so, so it's capable of anything and really makes no difference whether I can call it real or not since at that point it's just a concept. And we can both say we come from that infinite nothingness and we're ultimately IT, but we'll never truly be alone because it's timeless and likes to create a multitude within finite existence. And we both have our own RELATIVE consciousness within the ONE that is absolute. Now this is beautiful. 

I'm literally fucking conscious right now so I feel like I'm going nuts because the whole there can never truly be another even within finite and relative existence is not possible is driving me nuts especially because it makes sense. I'm lonely enough as is, I don't need infinitely more of it. But then again, I could be deluding myself with your comment here to make me feel better. God-self you piece of turd, since you're omnipresent and therefore reading (and technically typing) this, I command you to decide immediately if you wanna wake up and destroy this existence or remain asleep and just go through whatever comes in here, which is mostly shit as well tbh but at least it's not infinitely so, and it is still better than infinite solitude. You've been shitting the bed, you can stop now.

3 hours ago, Ry4n said:

What you see before you is still “imagination”

Technically yes because actually you are actuality itself!  But you can get a hit on yourself if you look at your hand and acknowledge it.  That's as direct as you can. Get.  That's what I mean

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

14 hours ago, The0Self said:

You’re looking at this from a different perspective. Everything that happens is an empty appearance of infinity, made for the amusement of God, which plays every character — not simultaneously, but timelessly. So what you are is the only being that exists, which is the same as my being. The trouble in understanding is unavoidable because it’s impossible to think in terms of timelessness wherein everything not only happens at once, but actually doesn’t really happen at all.

That is the best explanation that i read until now. it is incomprehensible because the matter is. The reality is that I am the only who exist, and you are the only who exist

Edited by Breakingthewall

1 hour ago, Breakingthewall said:

That is the best explanation that i read until now. it is incomprehensible because the matter is. The reality is that I am the only who exist, and you are the only who exist

This just seems like a stupid thing someone would say to sound like an uncomprehended genius. Just say it like it is bruv. 

46 minutes ago, michaelcycle00 said:

This just seems like a stupid thing someone would say to sound like an uncomprehended genius. Just say it like it is bruv. 

Wrong, i spoke since having had some realizations about this and having tried to understand it, for better or worse. You can't say it like it is because It is not something that the mind can process, or at least mine. they are realizations with psychedelics or meditation, which are not translated in a linear way

Edited by Breakingthewall

22 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

Yes. Every dreamer is really the sole (nondual-)beholder of creation, as there’s no real dreamer and no other dreamer. In the story you could say it’s one dream for one dreamer. All there is is all there is. Just not a particular who or thing separate from appearance/consciousness (that’s the dream). The Truth is simply that there is only Truth — nothing more can really be said. To want to know Truth (“What Is”) is to misunderstand it and to live in an illusory setup — artificial separation — which too is all there is, appearing to be that... As a total story one could say, that (or rather its apparent associated conditions) contributes drama to the appearance (via emotion, morality, and the search for “better”) and it too is wholeness itself, it’s just not wholeness for someone — it’s never apart from all that is; wholeness for no purpose or goal, and without condition.

Edited by The0Self

From your perspective, it looks like there are others, but in reality, everyone in your dream is one of those empty suits that God imagined during the moment of creation.

But it gets more twisted, because one day you will live their existence within the dream, as they are another character. And you will then encounter a non-conscious version of yourself, but you will be in another character's body.

8 — Is my life a Replay

Yes, your life is a replay. It already happened in the mind of God, and what you are, is God *experiencing* that movie or dream.

Wow... I've watched practically all of Leo's content (including the Solipsism one) and did not actually GET this point. Or at least I did not get an OHHHH realisation until now. Damn. Thanks for sharing!

Actually I just remembered years ago that I thought of a very similar idea, of me taking turns taking form of every life form, way before Leo's videos or any kind of research. Very odd.

Edited by SavourTime

Guys @Inliytened1 & @justfortoday

Im struggling with the idea of living all possible lives.

By definition that means I’ll have to live some awful lives. And then that puts me into a state of constantly worries about this current life… will this be one of those awful lives, when will it happen, what will happen, how?

Is there no reassuring angle to this or does one just have to accept this as the truth and give in?

Please help 

46 minutes ago, SelfHelpGuy said:

By definition that means I’ll have to live some awful lives. And then that puts me into a state of constantly worries about this current life… will this be one of those awful lives, when will it happen, what will happen, how?

Is there no reassuring angle to this or does one just have to accept this as the truth and give in?

Please help 

There isn't a self to live all possible lives. There isn't a past or a future. There aren't lives, there isn't even a single life unless you imagine it so.

This is the beginning and end. No history, no future. And this is absolutely free to be what it wants to be.

To make it easier for you, conceding the existence of your life and using terms which are really not precise: when the dream of "your life" ends, God wakes up and sees that there never was a life. Literally it never happened. Between birth and death there was less than a split second. That life never happened. So how can anything live all possible lives? There isn't such a thing, all experience is insubstantial.

Alternative Rock Music and Spirituality on YouTube: The Buddha Visions

On 23/02/2022 at 5:18 PM, Federico del pueblo said:

Don't blindly believe me anything I'll write below as "I" haven't awoken myself to these things yet.

But the way I understand it is if you're reading this post then YOU are everything that exists.

There is no @justfortoday pov/consciousness, only yours. You dreamed up this post, this forum, all its members etc.

So if you now asked me "but didn't you type your comment yourself" I would answer "yes, I wrote this post", but that's because you are so good at imagining me, that I will never give you any indicators that I might not be a real consciousness.

You are infinitely good at fooling yourself and making yourself believe that I'm some consciousness writing a response to your post.

Read this post again.

Who wrote it?

But you're reading it now. How do you know you wrote it?

Who wrote THIS post?

Do you only think you wrote the posts you remember writing? If you don't have a memory of writing a post, does that mean someone other than you wrote it? Did you only experience things you remember experiencing? What is the name of the moment in which you experienced every event you have ever known?

Oh. Game over.

On 23/02/2022 at 4:58 PM, SQAAD said:

Nice Post. But I highly doubt others are empty suits. Why God couldn't live simultaneously all possible lives? 

Who limits God to one life per time??  Why can't there be anything outside my Consciousness? (like another life) 

Well, they are technically empty suits, only because they all reside in the place you call "I".

The place called I is behind the appearance of space and time. Locations appear to it.

There could of course never be a perspective from any location other than the place called I. You can turn 360 degrees in every direction trying to change the orientation and locale of I, and find the only thing moving is the appearing world. Nobody else has an I that resides in a different location, nor of course is the I different at all.

See yourself in a mirror? Where is the awareness of the person in the mirror? Can you guess where the awareness of the people you talk to is? Uh oh... We just broke our game. Time to go to the mental hospital.

1 hour ago, SelfHelpGuy said:

Please help 

Your ego won't live these lives. Other egos will.

But there really is no one that suffers.

There might be a sensation/illusion that there is a sufferer, but that is an imagination, like the imagination of a color or sound (not the sufferer, but the sensation/illusion that there is a sufferer!)

Ultimately it's all just God. God pretending to be a human, God pretending to be pain. God pretending to be the sensation/imagination that there is someone who feels pain.

In that contracted state of consciousness, it can be tough. But later when God is more concious of Itself, conscious of Itself as Love, God realizes that everything is Love, infintely Good and Perfect. Even the apparent suffering, even the misperception of Love, Goodness and pleasure as pain. Therefore God is happy for having been in that contracted state of consciousness, and Loves it just as much as Love, because suffering is Love, and there is no difference between pain and pleasure.

If I’m the only conscious one then how you as an npc aware of this? It should be only me who knows this, right?

Truth you don't find. Truth finds you. Sooner or later. What you then do, no one knows. If you knew, it would already have found you."

~waveintheocean

On 2/23/2022 at 11:58 AM, SQAAD said:

You still don’t get it.

There is *nothing* in existence. It’s all dream.

”Simultaneity” implies that two instances of existence are “on” at once.

Nothing is real except your mind, which is the same mind that is dreaming writing these words.

Our lives are not parallel. You are god living your life before or after this current life.