integration journey

Why do so many religions believe in doomsday or judgment day?

17 posts in this topic

people will stay in your religion if you convince them the world is going to collapse and this religion is  your saviour

really some big brain marketers back in the good old days

just be here, if you can do it this moment you can do it the next moment

this is the now, now is all that is real, the truth is now, not your concept or experience, just this

is there suffering in this ? work to be done young jedi. me

I don't know, maybe there is one?
What if there is?  What then?  Just questioning, idk the answer.

Edited by Loba

Maybe at the end, we get to "judge" our own lives and how we lived it and see if we fulfilled our karma so we can stay in the god head or we would like to come back here as another form if we haven't fulfilled our karma . But I'm just kinda speculating 

People used to believe that the earth is flat and that the heavens and Gods are above. With such beliefs, it's only logical to assume that you're being watched and that there must be a reason for (your) existence. If you think very hard about it, you will find that the ultimate reason for existence that you can find under that worldview is pleasing the creators, or at least trying not to anger them, so that's probably how the concept of judgment day had emerged.

Now in the modern world it seems silly to think that way because we believe in the infinite space-time continuum. Although, I'm still not sure which view is the correct one.

Edited by Gesundheit2

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

"Why do so many religions believe in doomsday or judgment day?"

Why so many Hollywood disaster movies? Now that old-time religion is on the wane. 

We love it don't we, thinking it's all going to pot. 

On 2/10/2022 at 2:33 AM, catcat69123 said:

people will stay in your religion if you convince them the world is going to collapse and this religion is  your saviour

really some big brain marketers back in the good old days

yup that's one view to It IMO...

On 2/10/2022 at 2:42 AM, Loba said:

I don't know, maybe there is one?
What if there is?  What then?  Just questioning, idk the answer.

@integration journey yh......true what if there is a thing as such... i hv read this thing in almost all major religions. even Buddhism has a huge description on how the world would end with 7 suns shining and  earth being burnt alive ..... if there is no such thing as an apocalypse and all this are just mass controlling mechanisms, why are there sooo many similarities? 

else, they might be metaphors that mean something else and not to be taken literally like the story of the garden of Eden

my mini-blog!

https://wp.me/PcmO4b-T 

don't know,  never got into the doomsday thing , don't even know that many religions talk about it aside from the christians

you know what's a good doomsday movie though? terminator 2 judgement day "ayeee look i am a robot but now i have feelings, how weird beep beep"

efb4ce40c388f101e30422ec423f6479.gif

Edited by PurpleTree

for me it already happened. not as I want it. /expected it. 

Could actually be a misinterpreted description of the dark night (a really common state you encounter when you're progressing with your meditation practice).

I think probably what happens is some type of omniscience which fleetingly allows you to compassionately reflect upon the life you thought you were living.

Apparently.

One interpretation that I think is missing here is the fact that much evidence indicates that the Earth has been destroyed many times and civilizations were wiped out. For example Pyramids and Sphinx are sophisticated buildings in their construction that would be very hard to replicate even with today's technology. I really recommend to watch this video on how advanced those pyramids were. Much of the evidence emerging lately suggests that the pyramids are much older than they are believed to be by the mainstream science. That would mean that there was an ancient, advanced civilization that was capable of building such a complex structures and it must've been wiped out. What if the 7 burning suns in Buddhist apocalypse just mean 7 comets that would destroy the earth? 

Low consciousness people are run by fear.

If they were run by love they wouldn't need religion in the first place.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Maybe originally a metaphor for the end of illusion on a collective level. Which would probably feel like the annihilation of ourselves and the world as we know it. As someone else said, the dark night of the soul, just for all of humanity at once. Maybe that was pointed to, maybe not.

@happyhappy True, it could all be metaphor, maybe it means for the internal - like the biblical war is all within?
Or maybe it means, what is happening now - with how we treat the planet, that the end of days could come from collective greed?
And that those who have worked on themselves spiritually will be "saved" or "at peace".  IDK, I'm just spit balling and have no fixed beliefs on any of it, but I love to speculate on this kind of stuff!