ShardMare

Is Actualized.org bad for average people?

37 posts in this topic

On 6/2/2022 at 6:37 PM, undeather said:

Leo's content is (for the most part) great.
This forum is where the crazies gather. 

If you are 17, you should focus on building a life for yourself. 
Forget the hardcore spiritual stuff for now and just start with a simple meditation practice. 
Build a strong fundament, focus on practical stuff.
Learn how to do basic things like cooking and cleaning.
Do some sort of physical activity an a regular basis.
Find out what do you want to do with your life - pursue a goal and see where it takes you
Become good at something. Grasp the financial aspect of life.
Learn how to think. Acquire a strong work ethic. Face your fears.
Get your sexual life in order - gather experience in that field.
Most importantly: Have fun. Go out. Socialize! 

Thats what you should do in your 20's and sometimes even early 30's.
Add more spiritual stuff after you have built some sort of fundament! 

You're right, the basics should be adressed first! I commited the mistake of going into meditation and hardcore spirituality first, when I didnt had financial stability. Then I got to focus 100% on my job and lost my consciousness-spiritual progress. Now I never meditate and I'm falling into survivalism. 

@hyruga Because I wasnt different than other people in my childhood, i never had "consciousness booms" when i was a child. I have somewhat the same belief system as an average person.

Yes of course you can benefit from it but the problem that i've used it as a masturbation.

I've always had depression and I started watching these kind of videos which gave somewhat a relief. But i forgot a lot of material Leo taught me.

Sometimes I just stare at the wall and think what to do? Ive tried so many things against depression. Whats really causing it or what is my problem at all? Lot of times through the day i freeze down

I think a common issue is ungroundedness with actualized.org users. I include myself. However, I am developing this side of myself a lot.

Its important to balance out the philosophical, and spiritual stuff with more earthy things. Meditations like, 'see, hear, feel' are really important. Also, I think the importance of intimate relationships, be they romantic, or plutonic, are undervalued here.

Also, I don't think long-term depth psychotherapies are recommended enough, i.e. IFS. I believe PUA is wrongly recommended ahead of these psychotherapies on here.

Be-Do-Have

There is no failure, only feedback

3 hours ago, Ulax said:

Meditations like, 'see, hear, feel' are really important.

Why ? and what other meditations do you consider part of this category?

On 2/6/2022 at 9:37 AM, undeather said:

This forum is where the crazies gather. 

war-dogs-war-dogs-movie.gif

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

The type of spirituality that Leo teaches is pretty hardcore. That's awful for most people. Most people need basic buddhist stuff alongside it. Leo Gura is great at the overall big picture and teaching how to not get trapped in any specific ideology, he's great at teaching systems' thinking for life. It's like an RPG game full of different main missions and side missions, etc. It's not so much of a simple linear ideology, but that's where most people get fucked. They don't pick and fall in love with a life purpose. Really, it can be anything. Just the act of focusing at a thing and getting skilled at it is enough. That's why a lot of people intuitively know they go to university, get a job, do whatever the job asks and don't sidetrack themselves too much, because most of us are horrible at doing things that are too unstructured. They know that intuitively, the average person.

And you know what, there isn't much difference after all among us. Humans are pretty limited overall at coping with complexity, even the best of us.

That's the issue with Leo Gura's material, it REQUIRES a certain level of ability to cope with complexity, with being at the edge-of-chaos. A lot of people are too unstable emotionally, financially, too nihilistic

Not giving a shit about things, and just coasting by with a sense that just "Know What" is enough, having a false sense that they know life already and that there is nothing to do, which viscerally makes them feel like just not doing anything out of the ordinary.

The most important aspect of spirituality that we need to get done well, Leo Gura teaches very little, which is meditation. That's why I have deep respect for buddhists, if they know anything at all, it is about meditation. They got entire shelves of canonical literature on meditation, and thousands of hours of extremely useful dhamma talks with meditation insights.

To wrap this up. No. I don't think it is that great for an average person. I have no idea what results most of his viewers get. But I'd argue, that it can help average people become more conscious than the average person. As in seeing things from a big picture perspective, which will help them understand his material better.

However, in general, helping a person grow is very hit and miss through only videos, that's where the issue is at. Leo gura has a certain idea in his mind of his "average viewer" and he teaches from there, even the questions and answers he gives to himself. But has he used to say recently, it's pretty much impossible to account for everyone. If it is too "simple" it becomes watered down. A tool is only powerful as much as it it dangerous if misoperated.

Those are my two cents. I don't want to argue with anybody of this, he teaches a lot of stuff, the parts of his material that you have in mind could be different from the ones I do.

Edited by Lucasxp64
grammar, improved my point.

Bad and good is subjective. There is certainly danger, an average individual thats never been exposed to these intense ideas could find themselves incredibly depressed and sitraught. It certainly could have a negative effect. Leos approach is relatively agressive you were to attempt to compare it to other gurus or teachers. Id argure that those individuals should maybe try a more soft teaching, or at least start off in that area.

Though doth not want these hands! - Jesus

I love your post. Go for it. If you feel a call inside, that's all that you need. My advice is to not listen to other people. Trust your own instinct and inner voice. Nobody has an answer for you. Discover the answers that are already there. That's all!

A deeper study would probably be needed but I would guess 8 out of 10 people won't get it or apreciate it. That makes 2 people benefiting with high quality content that you won't find anywhere else.

Everyone should be able to improve thier lives and question why they are here and what life is about, no matter the age or IQ level

Average people are bad for Actualized.org

:P

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 6.02.2022 at 11:10 AM, ShardMare said:

I think spirituality, philosophy should be done after 40, but i may be wrong.

Yeah, I have slowed down with it for a few years at like 23, I think. Got side effects from too much Kriya Yoga, also psychedelics have siphoned out too much motivation out of me. Maybe I will get back in the game in the 30s, right now I am trying to live my life to the fullest and realize non-spiritual life purpose.

On 2/6/2022 at 6:10 AM, ShardMare said:

There are so many traps here. This work is meant to be done for years and years.

Philosophy and spirituality is bad for average people. 

Its just makes you question a lot of things, and if you dont have a disciplined mind then you are f*cked.

The more i watch Leo the more i realize how stupid  i am and how easy it is to deceive myself. I dont know nothing. 

Im 17, i should be doing material things, do "stupid" things and fix my material life. I shouldnt do philosophy. In the way i do it its not healthy and its just masturbation.

I think spirituality, philosophy should be done after 40, but i may be wrong.

What is your opinion?

There is wisdom in your post. I would say it also depends on your culture. For example India has a culture that allows for Spiritual Development whereas in the U.S. it can be a little harder as many Spiritual States are tied to things like psychosis or Depersonalization Disorder, or Persistent Hallucinogenic Experiences etc. 

Also 40 is kind of too old, I think 30 to mid- 30's is just right but obviously it can differ depending on the developmental level of the person. Also you need to stop limiting yourself as some average person. The only reason the quote, on quote average person is not intelligent enough for Spirituality and Philosophy is because their culture does not produce a survival oriented reason to be. 

For example the Spartans were great warriors partly because of their genetics, but mainly because of their culture. If you were able to design a culture where your status and survival were dependent on how Spiritually advanced you were you would be way more Spiritually and Philosophically advanced than you are now. You are a product of your environment.

Leo isn't who he is just because of the decisions that he made, he also needed an environment that was conducive in his formative years to allow him to take the path that he took. If you could go in the past and mess around with his personal experiences you could turn him into someone who never created Actualized.Org.

So cut yourself some slack, you are where you are.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

There really isn’t a set timeline for people to begin awakening. Different people are ready at different times. With that being said, I do think it is advantageous to start earlier in life as it tends to be time consuming. Additionally the older you get,  the higher the possibility you end up paradigm locked.

philosophy/spirituality are wonderful things to get into at your age. I got into it when I was 16 and it has really helped push my life in a positive direction and find my purpose. Don’t touch psychedelics for a few years though. Practice meditation, watch actualized videos and talks from other teachers, read a bunch of books and really contemplate the nature of existence. All of this should be seen as a prerequisite for tripping. Not necessarily a hard rule for everyone, but it has been true for myself and people I care about.

the actualized.org videos are great for the average person. Leo’s “how to be a strategic motberfucker” video is what got me started on personal development which is ultimately lead me to spirituality. I’d also add that I was a stage blue republican Christian when I stumbled into this at 16. Definitely an average person.

I don’t think that the forum is necessarily bad for average people in a harmful way. I think the way things get said on this forum sometimes could turn off a lot of people.  If someone’s first exposure to actualized was through the forum, they could get turned off from going any further with it.

also, this isn’t really a criticism of anyone or anything like that. I barely post here but tend scroll most evenings before bed. There are a lot of really good insights that y’all have and I think members here generally mean well. Some statements could be perceived as harsh. After getting primed with 30 videos or so and really thinking about it, most people would be fine here.

thanks for coming to my Ted talk.

Edited by IronFoot

Of course. If you enjoy living an average life, then you will hate Actualized content.

I was born different, so I have no choice but to listen to different teachings like Actualized. Even my current therapist is very different than previous therapists I’ve had in the prior.

I’m finally being more authentic with myself thanks to Actualized, but ultimately, thanks to INFINITY.

Why did the snake need glasses? Because it had a reptile dysfunction!

The one thing I've learned is my assumptions and things I assumed to be true about "world events" sometimes end up being totally false, and that my own assumptions and interpretations are subjective. I think I know a lot about things but really don't. I just enjoy philosophy as an interest, along with geopolitics, science, and economics.  However, it should not be used to strengthen the "pain body" within or to create a big spiritual ego that thinks it's better than everyone else. What an illusion and trap that would be.

I'm into deep, esoteric material because the normal conversation by normal people... sitting around a table telling stories and gossiping about those in their social circle, holds little to no interest for me, even though I know it would be good for me in moderation. :)  I don't see spiritual seekers or conspiracy theorists as "more awakened" than the "sheep" anymore however. It's just different people with different perspectives. We all share the same common trait of having to incarnate into what in my opinion is a difficult species going through growing pains at the moment, our genetic makeup not having caught up with our technology and cultural advancement.

Someone said Leo's video content is better than these forum posts. I definitely agree with that. A lot of neurotic, depressed people from both ends of the political spectrum tend to gather here and do a lot of "blaming" of external circumstances for their lack of peace of mind, whether it's left wingers or right wingers or whatever narrative they decide to believe or whatever group they decide to blame when the real problem is a human nature problem, that's if you decide there even is a "problem."  I'm working on this one myself. :)  It's a problem of garbage inputs leading to garbage outputs.

Edited by sholomar