ChrisZoZo

What is the best definition of being enlightened you have come across?

63 posts in this topic

Profound understanding of one's creative abilities.

"I believe you are more afraid of condemning me to the stake than for me to receive your cruel and disproportionate punishment."

- Giordano Bruno, Campo de' Fiori, Rome, Italy. February 17th, 1600.

Cosmic pluralist, mathematician and poet.

On 2022-01-29 at 4:21 PM, ChrisZoZo said:

What is the best definition of being enlightened you have come across?   

"Enlightenment is absolute cooperation with the inevitable." -Anthony de Mello

Freedom from delusion

Destruction of the illusory sense of personal doership

End of the identification with seemingly real finitude i.e. a born separate being who will die

Un-realization of the untrue / No longer mistaking the untrue for the true

Permanent no-other-ness

Edited by The0Self

On 1/30/2022 at 7:33 PM, Chrisd said:

To be free of thoughts + a sense of happiness. 

I like that one.

Anyone who says they’re enlightened on this form in anyway is not, except me I am. 

5 hours ago, ChrisZoZo said:
On 30/01/2022 at 7:33 PM, Chrisd said:

To be free of thoughts + a sense of happiness. 

I like that one.

I agree, short and simple and makes sense as to what it'd be like. Sorry for messing with you a bit earlier @ChrisZoZo, pretty sure when Nahm said, 

On 29/01/2022 at 4:52 PM, Nahm said:

What appears as ‘definitions’. 

he just meant for you to view the definitions for the mental projection that they were (because everything we perceive — words, definitions, inanimate objects, etc — is a mental projection that we are playing an active role in the creation of), and that this way of viewing (objects as illusory projections and not real things that can hurt us) was the path to enlightenment.

@Nahm Please correct me if I'm wrong. 

I haven't had an enlightenment experience, but the one i like the most and feel is...

"Enlightenment is like when your whole visual field replaces where your head was.  Like a big pancake."

I'm paraphrasing something Chogyam Trungpa said.

Cool dude.

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

7 hours ago, softlyblossoming said:

he just meant for you to view the definitions for the mental projection that they were (because everything we perceive — words, definitions, inanimate objects, etc — is a mental projection that we are playing an active role in the creation of), and that this way of viewing (objects as illusory projections and not real things that can hurt us) was the path to enlightenment.

@softlyblossoming Sounds good, Although I would state that the becoming enlightenment rather than being enlightened (but his statement is so vague). Also that is becoming enlightened not being enlightened I would say. I see now that its awfully hard to talk about the absolute truth I must take a lot of caution in how I see answers.  

Edited by ChrisZoZo

Anyone who says they’re enlightened on this form in anyway is not, except me I am. 

6 hours ago, Matt23 said:

"Enlightenment is like when your whole visual field replaces where your head was.  Like a big pancake."

Dam that made me think lol.

1 hour ago, ChrisZoZo said:
8 hours ago, Matt23 said:

Dam that made me think lol.

Yeah, that's a really cool pointer, wow.

15 hours ago, Matt23 said:

Enlightenment is like when your whole visual field replaces where your head was.  Like a big pancake

xD yeah that last part definitely resonates a bit. Like that pancake is still water reflecting everything including apparent depth... On the visual level anyway, at least in reference to the states and revelations that can seem to arise on the path.

8 minutes ago, The0Self said:

xD yeah that last part definitely resonates a bit. Like that pancake is still water reflecting everything including apparent depth... On the visual level anyway, at least in reference to the states and revelations that can seem to arise on the path.

So cool, @The0Self, thanks for elaborating on this from your direct experience. The journey hurts so bad, but I will keep pushing thru to the good bits, whatever it takes! 

But this had nothing to do with what ive wrote

Edited by Twenty

"The experience that there’s separation, something missing and something to find is completely illusory.  There’s no real separation.  There’s nothing missing.  There’s nothing that needs to be found.  This is absolute.  This is infinite.  This doesn’t come from anywhere, isn’t going anywhere.  This doesn’t need anything"

- Jim Newman 

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

6 minutes ago, Michal__ said:

End of (all) seeking.

+1

Those you do not forgive you fear.