LSD-Rumi

A vegan youtuber turns into a living pig for views.

53 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, Rilles said:

If I really stretch it I can see his art as a comment on capitalist gluttony, food wasting and mental illness/eating disorders in the western world but thats really really stretching it. I doubt thats something he cares about getting across. Thats rather something that I could project onto him.

Art is fundamentally about expression. It's a way of being. It doesn't need a well-thought-out message, not in our postmodern world :D

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

3 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

Art is fundamentally about expression. It doesn't need a well-thought-out message, not in our postmodern world :D

I guess that goes into the debate about if art needs to have any inherent meaning or if can be completely void like a ticking clock and still be beautiful. Ah! The post-modern hellscape of our modern world. -_- Everything means nothing to meeeee!

Dont look at me! Look inside!

46 minutes ago, Rilles said:

I guess that goes into the debate about if art needs to have any inherent meaning or if can be completely void like a ticking clock and still be beautiful. Ah! The post-modern hellscape of our modern world. -_- Everything means nothing to meeeee!

One way to define art is that it sticks out from the mundane. So what about postmodern art? Well, postmodern art isn't just about the object of attention. It plays with context and self-reference in such a way that for example a mundane thing being displayed in an art museum suddenly becomes not mundane and thus art. It's a higher dimensionality of art that is self-aware and context-aware. It comments, reacts, contradicts and deconstructs the classical conceptions of art. There is a lot of meaning there, but not as explicit or even implicit (it's meta-implicit).

I'm not saying nikocado avocado is a postmodern artist, but his expression and his way of being still strikes me as artistic, intentional or not. The state of being that creates art (the "non-mundane") is about emotionality, flow, authenticity, creativity, and that is what I'm picking up on.

If I was just assuming big time, this guys is just overacting BIG TIME to his vegan time.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

37 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

One way to define art is that it sticks out from the mundane. So what about postmodern art? Well, postmodern art isn't just about the object of attention. It plays with context and self-reference in such a way that for example a mundane thing being displayed in an art museum suddenly becomes not mundane and thus art. It's a higher dimensionality of art that is self-aware and context-aware. It comments, reacts, contradicts and deconstructs the classical conceptions of art. There is a lot of meaning there, but not as explicit or even implicit (it's meta-implicit).

I'm not saying nikocado avocado is a postmodern artist, but his expression and his way of being still strikes me as artistic, intentional or not. The state of being that creates art (the "non-mundane") is about emotionality, flow, authenticity, creativity, and that is what I'm picking up on.

Technically then everything is art... but I dont think everything IS art... art is supposed to transcend the mundane imo. I do appreciate meta-art though, if done right. 

I think art has to fulfill atleast one of these

•Novelty

•Strong emotional impact

•Intellectually playful

•Thoughtful and deliberate

Otherwise its not worth my time, usually.

This guy is clearly mentally ill and needs professional psychiatric support. Nobody in their right mind would destroy their health like this for money, not even for 20K a week Nikko makes. I don't know what happened whether this is some extreme nutritional deprivation, genetics kicking in or some trauma following him like a shadow but hopefully, he will get the professional support he needs. 

His mukbang also shows a way for a quick buck to other YouTubers out there who may follow his example and ruing their health. 

Seems to me like he is screaming for help but all he gets is applause and the wrong sort of attention. As if there was the real guy somewhere inside who has lost all power over the body which is controlled by some sort of mental disease

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

2 minutes ago, Rilles said:

Technically then everything is art... but I dont think everything IS art... art is supposed to transcend the mundane imo. I do appreciate meta-art though, if done right. 

I think art has to fulfill atleast one of these

•Novelty

•Strong emotional impact

•Intellectually playful

•Thoughtful and deliberate

Otherwise its not worth my time, usually.

You're talking about good art ;) 

2 hours ago, Michael569 said:

This guy is clearly mentally ill and needs professional psychiatric support. Nobody in their right mind would destroy their health like this for money, not even for 20K a week Nikko makes. I don't know what happened whether this is some extreme nutritional deprivation, genetics kicking in or some trauma following him like a shadow but hopefully, he will get the professional support he needs. 

His mukbang also shows a way for a quick buck to other YouTubers out there who may follow his example and ruing their health. 

Seems to me like he is screaming for help but all he gets is applause and the wrong sort of attention. As if there was the real guy somewhere inside who has lost all power over the body which is controlled by some sort of mental disease

Unfortunately I don't see a clear sign of psychosis, so no one could ring the alarm bell and force upon him to see a psychiatrist (assuming his family would even do that).

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Is there a specific reason why the guy went from vegan to obese? Or just $$$$?

13 hours ago, Opo said:

Those views made him a multi millionaire. 

This is still good tho. 

There are more important things than views and dollars?

Its a strange time. The things that can make one successful....

@Shin could be many other things even an obvious thing such as undiagnosed depression that he is masking this way. Bipolar wouldn't be out of question either

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

He's helping humanity by showing you the harmful effects of eating such food in large quantities. He's conducting the experiment on himself. He's helping more people to eat healthily than unhealthily. He's a Great saviour. 

2 minutes ago, hyruga said:

He's helping humanity by showing you the harmful effects of eating such food in large quantities. He's conducting the experiment on himself. He's helping more people to eat healthily than unhealthily. He's a Great saviour. 

Couldnt you say hes also influencing people to do more unhealthy mukbangs because they see that it can bring them fame?

5 minutes ago, Rilles said:

Couldnt you say hes also influencing people to do more unhealthy mukbangs because they see that it can bring them fame?

Keyword is helping MORE people to eat healthily than unhealthily.

Because subconsciously, most people will be disgusted by what he did and won't follow. The percentage of people who became YouTubers and doing the same thing will be very low Nd most won't follow through long term anyway.

Edited by hyruga

3 minutes ago, hyruga said:

Keyword is helping MORE people to eat healthily than unhealthily.

Because subconsciously, most people will be disgusted by what he did and won't follow. The percentage of people who became YouTubers and doing the same thing will be very low.

Well, you have a optimistic view of human nature, good for you I guess.

He's an attention seeker

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

It took me a while to realize it was the same guy. What shocks me the most is that his boyfriend got fat too. Man that's true love right there.

He is mentally ill imo

Thats they problem with chasing money and having money be yout top priority. This is a really sad and unique case. This guy has sold his health to the devil for money.  He is a cautionary tale for all the future generations.

He is doing these mukbangs and ruining his health for money. At this point he has made some millions and could probably stop but he keeps going hard at it. This will not end well for him. Greediness never ends well. Eventually you lose everything when you are super greedy.

Edited by SQAAD

@LSD-Rumi

This dude is a living study on how to ruining your life. I keep this short and simple, but let me say I'm mesmerized by the how and the why..

On 09/11/2021 at 11:07 PM, Adodd said:

There are more important things than views and dollars?

No shit. 

What I tried to say was that if he only got views I doubt the transformation would be this drastic. 

On 09/11/2021 at 11:07 PM, Adodd said:

Its a strange time. The things that can make one successful....

I love it..