Someone here

The miracle that anything functions at all

32 posts in this topic

Studying, pondering and looking within myself and seeing the layers upon layers of contradictions, loose ends, faultlines and loopholes; it astonishes me how this whole 'thing' is still in one piece. I mean the whole world. I am astonished how anything functions at all! Given that 99% of people having no clue there is such a thing as meta knowledge. I mean its sooooo easy to poke and break people into ashes from inside out considering how flimsy and dreamlike sand castles our fabricated identities are.

It astonishes me how come people seem to get together for few hours without raping and slitting each others throats, how people live in a family for decades without murdering each others, how suicide is not happening in billions, how people are not running outside naked in mass frenzy consumed by gnawing madness, how people dont just smash their heads open against the wall, how they dont pick out the eyeballs of their children and cook it so on and so forth.

An absolute benevolent force is indeed operating. Yeah the abovementioned 'scary' cases do happen once in while, but yet there is this astonishing miracle holding it all together. Its a miracle people 'think' they are happy and happiness is possible tomorrow, its a miracle things still feel 'stable' in spite of few hiccups here and there. Its a miracle how everything is still maintained and conducted on time and schedule year after year...as if some almighty force is keeping everyone straight in line by firmly sticking its hand up everyone's butt. Its a miracle!

And of course if spoken from plain, honest experience, all of it is my imagination. It is all held together because I have still held it all together 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

The only way anything could function at all is thanks to Infinite Intelligence.

But most people take this totally for granted, assuming that stuff can function just haphazardly through luck or evolution or whatever.

It's laughable how dumb science is on this point.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

How langage works is so fucking awesome, I'm still amazed that we can get communicate at all, let alone get so specific with all the meanings possible.

It's crazy how it's even possible to understand just one sentence xD

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

The fact that atoms can bounce around in a box seamlessly without a glitch is pretty amazing too. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

13 minutes ago, Shin said:

How langage works is so fucking awesome, I'm still amazed that we can get communicate at all, let alone get so specific with all the meanings possible.

It's crazy how it's even possible to understand just one sentence xD

Language is a rather gigantic complex system. If you look at all of the permutations… INFINITY 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

On 11/6/2021 at 5:37 AM, Leo Gura said:

But most people take this totally for granted, assuming that stuff can function just haphazardly through luck or evolution or whatever.

It's laughable how dumb science is on this point.

But we will always need science to continuously improve our world.

Btw, what happen to many other posts that were on here before? Did they get corrupted again?

On 11/6/2021 at 7:28 AM, Someone here said:

Studying, pondering and looking within myself and seeing the layers upon layers of contradictions, loose ends, faultlines and loopholes; it astonishes me how this whole 'thing' is still in one piece. I mean the whole world. I am astonished how anything functions at all! Given that 99% of people having no clue there is such a thing as meta knowledge. I mean its sooooo easy to poke and break people into ashes from inside out considering how flimsy and dreamlike sand castles our fabricated identities are.

It astonishes me how come people seem to get together for few hours without raping and slitting each others throats, how people live in a family for decades without murdering each others, how suicide is not happening in billions, how people are not running outside naked in mass frenzy consumed by gnawing madness, how people dont just smash their heads open against the wall, how they dont pick out the eyeballs of their children and cook it so on and so forth.

An absolute benevolent force is indeed operating. Yeah the abovementioned 'scary' cases do happen once in while, but yet there is this astonishing miracle holding it all together. Its a miracle people 'think' they are happy and happiness is possible tomorrow, its a miracle things still feel 'stable' in spite of few hiccups here and there. Its a miracle how everything is still maintained and conducted on time and schedule year after year...as if some almighty force is keeping everyone straight in line by firmly sticking its hand up everyone's butt. Its a miracle!

And of course if spoken from plain, honest experience, all of it is my imagination. It is all held together because I have still held it all together 

amen.

Im just amazed sometimes that I even wake up some days, that somehow eyelids seem to shut, then something called a dream, and then a waking up and a still functioning organism that can stand, remember names, feel anything, amazed that from one moment to the seeming next, there is a sense of anything, seemingly consistent, sometimes random, non of it adding up or needing to add up, but then it somehow seems to and even makes sense.... what ever sense is, lol.

And at others, its just laughably stupid, aggravating and then amazing again somehow.... 

On 11/6/2021 at 5:37 AM, Leo Gura said:

Leo, could you please expand on this? Can infinite intelligence be a thing even? Or do you use the word "infinite" to refer to something outrageously big? Infinite intelligence would need an infinite ground to expand itself on (Nothingness doesn't count because there's nothing to infinitely evolve and expand into). From the point of view of anything in the Universe, infinite intelligence couldn't be a thing, at least if it's contained within it. 

10 hours ago, Mu_ said:

amen.

Im just amazed sometimes that I even wake up some days, that somehow eyelids seem to shut, then something called a dream, and then a waking up and a still functioning organism that can stand, remember names, feel anything, amazed that from one moment to the seeming next, there is a sense of anything, seemingly consistent, sometimes random, non of it adding up or needing to add up, but then it somehow seems to and even makes sense.... what ever sense is, lol.

And at others, its just laughably stupid, aggravating and then amazing again somehow.... 

Indeed. Waking up every morning is a gift. A miracle that we take for granted. 

-Osho

@Leo Gura but isn't science trying to intricately explain how things work all the time? Like modeling HOW the infinite intelligence of source makes things function.

Isn't your dismissal of science as "they argue it's evolution and luck" the actual stupid assessment? No scientist argues this. Your argument is basically: stop thinking about how it's done, just accept it's God/Infinite intelligence/Magic. 

@Phil777 I think he is pointing to the miracle of what is. It goes beyond any scientific explanation.  No scientist will actually be able to explain any single phenomenon completely. Reality is always and will always be a miracle.. A mystery 

-Osho

@Someone here I agree. But I think Leo sways too much into that direction to the point where he starts to strawman scientists, underestimating their intelligence and open mindedness. 

4 minutes ago, Phil777 said:

@Someone here I agree. But I think Leo sways too much into that direction to the point where he starts to strawman scientists, underestimating their intelligence and open mindedness. 

He isn't straw manning the typical academic. They actually do tend to be irrationally close minded. But to your point, yes there are many of them who are intelligent enough to consider what to them seems to be novel ideas. Such examples would be individuals like Max Tegmark or really any of the founders of Quantum Mechanics. But people like these are not the norm in mainstream science, they are the exception.

Potestas Infinitas, Libertas Infinitas, Auctoritas Infinitas.

Notice the benefits of having so-called meta knowledge is imaginary.

There is no real difference between the so-called open minded meta knowledge-seeker and the so-called closed minded bible thumper.

It's unknowable and timeless....

But not because someone knows it.

Because the individual that seems to be moving through time acquiring so-called knowledge and or finding the so-called correct spiritual belief system is recognized to be completely unreal.

In other words there's no getting closer or further away from truth because there isn't one.

This is recognized by no one when "I" goes bye-bye. 

It's actually very rare and already the case.

❤ 

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

14 hours ago, Phil777 said:

He is not strawmaning scientists.. He is pointing out the limitations of science. 

-Osho

1 hour ago, VeganAwake said:

Notice the benefits of having so-called meta knowledge is imaginary.

There is no real difference between the so-called open minded meta knowledge-seeker and the so-called closed minded bible thumper.

It's unknowable and timeless....

But not because someone knows it.

Because the individual that seems to be moving through time acquiring so-called knowledge and or finding the so-called correct spiritual belief system is recognized to be completely unreal.

In other words there's no getting closer or further away from truth because there isn't one.

This is recognized by no one when "I" goes bye-bye. 

It's actually very rare and already the case.

❤ 

The illusory self  needs to keep spinning the wheel and keep the fabrication going to create the sense of staying relevant.... Or else it will simply evaporate. It will implode from its own contradictions 

-Osho

16 hours ago, Phil777 said:

their intelligence and open mindedness

Hahahahaha....

:D

Show me a scientist who is not a metaphysical imbecile.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Hahahahaha....

:D

Show me a scientist who is not a metaphysical imbecile.

Thomas Campbell, Robert Lanza and Amit Goswami seem to go beyond standard scientific thinking.

Edited by Tyler Durden

What are the chances of Earth being the perfect distance from a perfectly sized sun? I mean really. No suffering or effort is required to hold it all together. Huh. 

I've stopped worried about function so much, now there's just fun. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost