SQAAD

The Sun Rising Tomorrow is Not an Assumption

76 posts in this topic

27 minutes ago, Blackhawk said:

The universe could vanish any second

LOL what a nice thought that is xD

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

And btw, technically speaking, the sun wont rise tomorrow, and never has risen. Because in space there is no up and down. There's just objects which are moving relative to each other.

6 minutes ago, Blackhawk said:

There's just objects which are moving relative to each other.

There are no objects, just change. There is no change, just being. There is no being, just isness.

For a turkey the sun rises every day except Thanksgiving ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura And for you the sun rises everyday except the day the universe has a meaning to it. :P

Love life and your Health, INFJ Visionary

@Terell Kirby

14 hours ago, Terell Kirby said:

@SQAAD your confusion is hiding your fear of death...you don't want to contemplate that the sun might not rise for you tomorrow, because deep down you know that anything is possible in this life...and that it's not guaranteed.

Admit your fear versus trying to debunk the insights from the video.

Actually i have little fear of death compared to the average person. I might not wake up tomorrow to see the sun. But i am pretty sure the sun will rise tomorrow (if i am alive to see it) as it has been for the last 4 billion years. Its more than an assumption because of the consistent patterns we have observed.

@Dazgwny

14 hours ago, Dazgwny said:

If you die tonight, the sun will not rise tomorrow. IT WILL NOT. This universe doesn’t go on without you being conscious of it. So literally, if your not conscious of the sun rising tomorrow, it will not rise. This goes for if you sleep for the next 48 hours too. You would have assumed it rose, and set, whilst you were out, but it didn’t ??‍♂️

My point is the following : If i am live tomorrow, the sun will most definitely rise. This is not a mere assumption.

@BenG

10 hours ago, BenG said:

It's an assumption to say the sun exists at all.

No it's not.   I see it right now.

@RMQualtrough

10 hours ago, RMQualtrough said:

Dude it is straight up an assumption lmfao. It's even an assumption that if you drop something it will fall.

These are called extremely well educated guesses. If something's happened 10000 times before, to think it will again is a VERY safe bet in many cases.

But it is an assumption to at least some degree. Always.

Depends on how you define what an assumption is. For me its not an asusmption because it has proof and we can predict it close 100% of the time. Its more than an assumption. I don't assume that i will get old. I know 100% that i will get old if i live long enough. Its the same logic here.

I don't think anyone has any doubts whatsoever that they will get old.. lol

3 minutes ago, SQAAD said:

@BenG

No it's not.   I see it right now.

You could be living in the Truman Show and the sun might be a fake plastic lamp, have you ever checked? ;) 

Im just being silly but its funny to think about.

Edited by Rilles

Dont look at me! Look inside!

1 hour ago, SQAAD said:

I know 100% that i will get old if i live long enough

Is that not an assumption?

4 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

What if invent anti-aging technology in the near future? Still sure? What if you die tommorrow?

Edit: Sorry the @ is supposed to be towards SQAAD.

Edited by Rilles

Causality is an assumption. What else is there to say?

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

1 hour ago, SQAAD said:

@RMQualtrough

Depends on how you define what an assumption is. For me its not an asusmption because it has proof and we can predict it close 100% of the time. Its more than an assumption. I don't assume that i will get old. I know 100% that i will get old if i live long enough. Its the same logic here.

I would say anything under 100% (such as the fact of existence) is an assumption no matter what.

@SQAAD Assumptions are not necessarily bad, I think youre taking this too seriously, some assumptions are correct and come true but that does not mean they are not assumptions, they still are. You can assume the sun will rise tommorrow and it might but it is still an assumption because you can always be wrong.

I would focus on social assumptions and assumptions about ourselves, thats the most important, those have helped me in my personal life and still do. Caring about the sun doesnt really matter to your ego. 

Edited by Rilles

Who in the fuck cares whether you call it an assumption or a probabilistic guess or whatever. Why do any of you care if someone else believes the sun rising tomorrow is an assumption or not? So you can convince them that you are right? That you know what's reaaally going on here? Oh fuck off. What a semantic circlejerk, waste of time. I promise you that the second before your heart stops beating for the rest of time, you will be just as scared shitless as the other person regardless of what you think about the sun rising.

Edited by julienw

5 minutes ago, julienw said:

Who in the fuck cares whether you call it an assumption or a probabilistic guess or whatever. Why do any of you care if someone else believes the sun rising tomorrow is an assumption or not? So you can convince them that you are right? That you know what's reaaally going on here? Oh fuck off. What a semantic circlejerk, waste of time.

"Who in the fuck cares whether you call it a semantic circlejerk or whatever. So you can convince them that you are right? That you know what's reaaally going on here? Oh fuck off. What a semantic circlejerk, waste of time."

xD