Javfly33

Any reason why i feel so damn BAD when i wake Up in the mornings?

24 posts in this topic

Things to declare: 

I put at least 8 hours of sleep

I do drink coffee (But i have cut it down a bit and before i didnt used to woke Up feeling SO BAD)

I do drink kratom (again, i have cut it down a lot and in the process of tapering down. Still, before when i used to take more i didnt used to woke Up SO BAD).

I Dont do exercise (this might be key, before i used to do at least something, although not much. Now Im pretty sedentary although i walk at least 25 min a day (commute work) )

My diet is Ok. I probably have a deficienciy of vitamin c and magnesium (i gotta get back to the tahini + honey + chía Seeds Sandwiches God damn It), But overall What i eat its good although not very varied. Lots of rice, avocado, eaggs, pistacchios, beef meat 2 times a week, kéfir 2 times a week.

I Dont do yoga , i Dont do meditation (i used to do yoga in the morning It used to make me feel more energized But i quit It because i felt the benefits were NOT outstanding the efforts and time It took).

Psychologically i wake Up usually with instant thoughts of anxiety and thinking i have to change a lot of stuff for reality/my Life "to be right" and at the same time i feel i powerless to do It (this make me anxious and frustrated) (But i know this is an illusion because i am awareness behind the thoughts).

Still when i take cup of coffee, get dressed, move a little and go on with my day, i feel much better. But the first hour waking Up IS dreadful, emotionally, physically, mentally...etc its like i woke Up poisoned and sick. 

You might be oversleeping, or some habit may be causing you to oversleep. Or maybe, your sleep is low quality and it is being disturbed, so you wake up feeling groggy.

Eating a big meal close to bed time could interfere with sleep. Try to improve the quality of your sleep, if there is room for that, by keeping your room cool and dark. White noise also helps.

By the way, the blue light from outside that appears in the morning is a good natural mechanism for waking you up. It will make it easier to wake up, so maybe keep the curtains open. However, this advice is not helpful if you sleep so late that the sun comes up, as the blue light will prevent you from falling asleep, so take it with some nuance. Dark = increased melatonin, light = decreased melatonin.

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

You might have an anxiety disorder, I do, I usually feel pretty gloomy in the first 30 minutes of waking up. I quit coffee for good, cut it out of your life, its not helping you.

My energy levels are balanced out now after being off it for 1 month, if you want extra energy in the morning then do yoga for maybe 10 minutes, some Sun Salutations and drink a smoothie. 

Also, you should question your anxious thoughts constantly via Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, there is nothing to be anxious about really, its a learned habit. 

Edited by Rilles

Dont look at me! Look inside!

@Osaid yes, i definetely believe is slow quality. This fucking flat its so noisy It fucking sucks. This is the 4th time i move in a year in this city. Thanks for the rest of advice, seems very interesting and good

@Rilles ?great advice It seems too. Thanks

Start to be aware throughout the day and at night and in the morning of the thoughts that are hitting yourself over the head for being the way that you are. Are there two of you, a bully and the abused one? Imagine a cartoon strip with those two characters. Write out a journal entry that's a conversation between you and the bully side. What does it want? 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

It is THE KRATOM. Full stop (the expression; not saying you should stop).

Sweating, restless, dilated pupils, anxiety, depression, skin feels a bit sensitive and touch is mildly almost like nails on a chalkboard? If so, yeah that's mild opioid withdrawal.

Who knows though, but that'd be my million dollar bet.

Edited by The0Self

Hi @Javfly33.

That sounds tough af for ya.

I fully relate to your position. What I used to do is plan a morning routine which works well if I do it.

However, it was so hard to do!

Instead, I plan a morning routine that I can likely do even at my lowest point!

However, sometimes I miss days, and that is okay!

I've attached a version of it I made for a friend of mine. Perhaps, it could be something you find of value :).

Morning Routine 1.docx

"I wanted only to try to live in accord with my true Self. Why was that so very difficult?" - Herse

"As soon as you trust yourself, you will know how to live.” - Goethe

"There are no bad parts" - Schwartz

2 hours ago, The0Self said:

It is THE KRATOM. Full stop (the expression; not saying you should stop).

Sweating, restless, dilated pupils, anxiety, depression, skin feels a bit sensitive and touch is mildly almost like nails on a chalkboard? If so, yeah that's mild opioid withdrawal.

Who knows though, but that'd be my million dollar bet.

Na its not that much, its more mental. I wake Up each day like i Drank 4 beers and i have a 2 hours test to take. More that kind of thing Lol

(Although yeah kratom surely plays a bit But each day i feel more energy since Im tapering down)

1. stop using KRATOM 

look at this - basically this stuff can behave like morphine, slightly weaker (but also stronger depending on what you have) so what you are experiencing might genuinely be opioid withdrawal 

"Both mitragynine (kratom) and 7-OH-mitragynine target opioid receptors, albeit with significant differences in binding affinity [37]. In fact, while the affinity of mitragynine for opioid receptors is less than that of morphine, 7-OH-mitragynine is far more potent than either, approximately 46 times that of mitragynine and 13 times that of morphine"

Kratom has also been implicated as a cause of organ dysfunction and toxicity [67]. Animal studies have indicated a risk for drug–drug interactions, namely through modulating hepatic P450 activity and drug metabolism 

Mitragynine also appears to inhibit hepatic demethylases and transferases, as well as glucuronidation by UDP-glucuronosyltransferases (UGT) such as UGT2B7 and UGT1A1 [70–73]. This bears important implications for a possible interaction when kratom is co-administered with other drugs known to be UGT substrates - what this says is that kratom may competitively be detoxified with other substances because it eats up a lot of different liver enzymes necessary for basic function. 

Aside from its potential for abuse, kratom poses numerous others risks to patients, largely a consequence of its status as an unregulated supplement. Without regulatory oversight, there is little to ensure the authenticity, purity, quality, potency, and safety of commercially available kratom preparations [89]. Consequently, it is difficult to know for certain what is actually present within commercially available kratom preparations, and the concentration of mitragynine contained can vary considerably [90]. For instance, it has been reported that kratom products may be altered by artificially increasing levels of 7-OH-mitragynine to enhance potency - read what I copied in the first bullet about the strength of 7-OH variation 

Also, it seems like there might be something you're ignoring in your life and a voice of your unconsciousness is letting itself be heard through those anxieties. I'd spend some time journaling on this and exploring areas in your life where you might be committing slow spiritual suicide (e.g. being stuck in wrong job) 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

I was in a similar situation when I drank a lot of coffee. Switching to tea for my caffeine boost worked great. 

In my case it might've had something to do with consuming 200 - 500mg l-theanine every day without pausing though.

" But first hour waking Up IS dreadful, emotionally, physically, mentally...etc its like i woke Up poisoned and sick. "
I can relate

I used to feel horrible in the morning with no good reason.

For me it's about the time when I fall asleep. 

If I fall asleep for a couple of days (a week - two weeks) in a row at 10pm - I wake up at 6am with no alarm clock and no huge body ache. (8h sleep)

Then I need to remember to go to sleep at 10pm everyday to feel good and wake up early and happy :) 

If I fall asleep at 11pm - I wake up at 8am with no alarm clock and no huge body ache. (9h sleep)

If I fall asleep at 00:00 - I wake up at 10am with no alarm clock and no huge body ache. (10h sleep.)

It's like we have best quality resting hours between 10pm and 00:00.

How to fall asleep at 10pm? My best way to do this is to force myself to get up at 6 am for a week and see the daylight outside the window as I wake up (it's important). After couple of days you're so tired you fall asleep at 10pm and then you keep your routine up 

Edited by Ina

How you sleep is fine, how you feel when you wake up is fine, where you live is fine, whatever thoughts arise, it’s fine. Take every bit of focus on that it isn’t, and focus instead on the feeling of having what you prefer more. Your experience will become that. There is no other possibility, as this has been the case since day 1. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

4 hours ago, Ina said:

" But first hour waking Up IS dreadful, emotionally, physically, mentally...etc its like i woke Up poisoned and sick. "
I can relate

I used to feel horrible in the morning with no good reason.

For me it's about the time when I fall asleep. 

If I fall asleep for a couple of days (a week - two weeks) in a row at 10pm - I wake up at 6am with no alarm clock and no huge body ache. (8h sleep)

Then I need to remember to go to sleep at 10pm everyday to feel good and wake up early and happy :) 

If I fall asleep at 11pm - I wake up at 8am with no alarm clock and no huge body ache. (9h sleep)

If I fall asleep at 00:00 - I wake up at 10am with no alarm clock and no huge body ache. (10h sleep.)

It's like we have best quality resting hours between 10pm and 00:00.

How to fall asleep at 10pm? My best way to do this is to force myself to get up at 6 am for a week. After couple of days you're so tired you fall asleep at 10pm and then you keep your routine up 

Thatnks for the advice. Ill try that although i have this feeling that since I clocked out at 10pm at work, i finish very mentally activated so i have a hard time going to sleep early @SLuxy

On 12/9/2021 at 5:37 PM, The0Self said:

@Javfly33 lol mistaken tag there :) 

"I wanted only to try to live in accord with my true Self. Why was that so very difficult?" - Herse

"As soon as you trust yourself, you will know how to live.” - Goethe

"There are no bad parts" - Schwartz

@Javfly33 You may be dehydrated. It is very common. When our body doesn't get enough water toxins build up from the environment, food we consume and metabolic processes. This effects our mood. How much water do you drink on average a day?

25 minutes ago, Matthew85 said:

@Javfly33 You may be dehydrated. It is very common. When our body doesn't get enough water toxins build up from the environment, food we consume and metabolic processes. This effects our mood. How much water do you drink on average a day?

At least 2 liters since I need Water at least 3 times a day to chug down the damn kratom Lol. 

@Javfly33 I would recommend increasing it closer to 1 once per pound of bodyweight per day for a week then drop to around .5 ounce per pound. Also, try adding some lemon juice to your water. That is a good way to start gently detoxing the body. Try that and see if after 3 or 4 days you are feeling better. Also, look into doing a detox diet for a few days. Toxins that build up in our body can greatly effect our mood. Kratom is a diuretic, so keep that in mind too. You will need additional water to avoid dehydration while you are taking it. 

Edited by Matthew85

i wouldnt over drink water. the kinds of drink x amount of water a day advice is pretty old school like the food pyramid. you should only drink as much water as you feel like drinking and not more. dont drink if you dont have thirst, unless you find your urine very yellow then you should probably up it a bit. but if your pee is always clear then your drinking way too much water and taxing your kidneys and leaching minerals from the body.

sounds like you know your problem is from stressing out about where you are in life and the answer is going to be how you want to come to terms with it. maybe you can try some breathwork first thing in the morning. i like doing Soma breath, they have free vids on youtube. they combine affirmations with breathwork. i usually find this helps with quieting these types of anxieties.

to help with sleeping early you could try blue blocking glasses; the ones that are completely red block the most blue/green light but may be harder to see with than the more orange ones. idk if your work would look at you funny for wearing it though, but if you can wear them 30 min before you get off work it really helps to mellow you out, especially if you work somewhere with fluorescent lights which do the opposite and wind you up (which is why companies love using it).

When you wake up, you have something called “sleep inertia.” It can last for as long as two hours. That's why you get that groggy feeling, and if you're sleep-deprived, it's going to be worse, too. Studies also show that if you wake up while in deep sleep, you're going to have worse sleep inertia