Vision

How to release tension?

27 posts in this topic

It always feels like I have pent up tension all over my body and mind. It feels more prominent in my upper abdomen, chest, and lower neck. It makes my body feel heavy.

I want to feel more loose and playful, but I don't know how to release this tension.

Are there any meditation/yoga techniques that could help? Or anything else? 

You may try bioenergetics/ shamanic breathing (from leo)/ massages or if you are in a relationship try engaging in a gentle relaxed way this will dissolve a lot of tension.

Spiritual practices are great but maybe in this case doing some physical activity that will positively make you feel tired afterwards would give quicker results

Deep breathing with prolonged exhales,  meditation (for years) and talking out loud has helped me become significantly more calm over the years.  I used to be obssessive compulsive maniac who would analyze everything to death and never be at peace.

Now i am one of the most chill and peaceful guys i know even at the face of extreme fear.

Edited by SQAAD

There is a progressive contraction & relaxation technique. Start from the head and gradually scan all areas of the body. Start by tensing all muscles you can tense for 5 seconds and then release completely. Observe the difference. You can repeat the cycle as much as you need per body part until you feel some of that tension has gone. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

Lay out a yoga mat or blanket and sit on the ground. Turn on some music, maybe light a candle or some incense. Then start to notice what your body wants to do. Maybe it wants to shake, to stretch, move up and down, sing, stomp on the ground.

Child's pose and neck circles help with the neck as well. 

Do this for about 15 minutes, just noticing how your body wants to move. Get weird! It's a great release. 

"You Create Magic" 

2 hours ago, SQAAD said:

talking out loud

Why do you think it helped you become a calmer person? Is it because it helps you clear your thoughts more easily?

Regular massages, swimming, running, meditation, laying down meditation copse pose, yin yoga, stretching, yoga, dancing, sex, deep breathing, expressive writing, talking to someone, singing, listening to music, art, time in nature, anything that gives you pleasure or makes you happy, 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

let go. let go of controlling stuff in your life. be okay with stuff happening spontaneously. 

also slow down the pace of your living. you might try slower living which brings you back to the inner bliss.

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"

@Vision Here's a few ideas:

Once you've watched the following, in the case you have questions about practicality and application, let me know!

Edited by Johnny Galt

@Vision Acupuncture by someone who's "TCM" certified, and take a hot bath with a high dose of epson salts can help for immediate release and relaxation.

Edited by Johnny Galt

On 8/26/2021 at 3:26 AM, Vision said:

It always feels like I have pent up tension all over my body and mind. It feels more prominent in my upper abdomen, chest, and lower neck. It makes my body feel heavy.

I want to feel more loose and playful, but I don't know how to release this tension.

Are there any meditation/yoga techniques that could help? Or anything else? 

“Be as little children…”

What is tension? Tense in. As in, you bring in a past and or a future, you bring tenses in. Where as before you listened to the mind, to the thoughts, now you listen to the upper abdomen, the chest, and the lower neck. This place is for you. It is the present. There is no tense in this present, it is not other than you. The body is only present, and never believes. 

Many kids don’t have this problem, this tens-ing. They write what they want, they believe it will come, and by God, it does. 

Still - what can I do to solve it? There has to be something I can do… in the future… to solve this.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

13 minutes ago, Nahm said:

What is tension? Tense in. As in, you bring in a past and or a future, you bring tenses in.

Ah, love that

stretching. For abdomen and neck, upper dog and cobra pose are very good. General exercising improves your everyday baseline of relaxation. The important rule is that muscles better relax when you tense them and then stretch or tense and intentionally relax

On 8/26/2021 at 7:34 PM, Marianitozz said:

You may try bioenergetics/ shamanic breathing (from leo)/ massages or if you are in a relationship try engaging in a gentle relaxed way this will dissolve a lot of tension.

@Marianitozz

Do you know any good resources for bioenergetics and shamanic breathing? 

On 8/27/2021 at 0:50 AM, SQAAD said:

Deep breathing with prolonged exhales,  meditation (for years) and talking out loud has helped me become significantly more calm over the years.  I used to be obssessive compulsive maniac who would analyze everything to death and never be at peace.

Now i am one of the most chill and peaceful guys i know even at the face of extreme fear.

@SQAAD

Did you do anything else to help with your over analysis? I am still struggling with that.

On 8/27/2021 at 1:45 AM, Michael569 said:

There is a progressive contraction & relaxation technique. Start from the head and gradually scan all areas of the body. Start by tensing all muscles you can tense for 5 seconds and then release completely. Observe the difference. You can repeat the cycle as much as you need per body part until you feel some of that tension has gone. 

@Michael569

PMR right? I’ve tried it before but perhaps I need to do more repetitions.

On 8/27/2021 at 2:23 AM, Flowerfaeiry said:

Lay out a yoga mat or blanket and sit on the ground. Turn on some music, maybe light a candle or some incense. Then start to notice what your body wants to do. Maybe it wants to shake, to stretch, move up and down, sing, stomp on the ground.

Child's pose and neck circles help with the neck as well. 

Do this for about 15 minutes, just noticing how your body wants to move. Get weird! It's a great release. 

@Flowerfaeiry

Interesting. So do I act on what my body wants to do or just sit still? 

And what is child’s pose?

On 8/27/2021 at 7:00 AM, Johnny Galt said:

@Vision Acupuncture by someone who's "TCM" certified, and take a hot bath with a high dose of epson salts can help for immediate release and relaxation.

@Johnny Galt Thanks for sharing. I don’t have a bathtub but I’ll look into the other things you linked.

14 hours ago, EugeneTheSage said:

stretching. For abdomen and neck, upper dog and cobra pose are very good. General exercising improves your everyday baseline of relaxation. The important rule is that muscles better relax when you tense them and then stretch or tense and intentionally relax

@EugeneTheSage

How do I do upper dog and cobra pose? Are there any videos I could follow?  

15 hours ago, Nahm said:

“Be as little children…”

What is tension? Tense in. As in, you bring in a past and or a future, you bring tenses in. Where as before you listened to the mind, to the thoughts, now you listen to the upper abdomen, the chest, and the lower neck. This place is for you. It is the present. There is no tense in this present, it is not other than you. The body is only present, and never believes. 

Many kids don’t have this problem, this tens-ing. They write what they want, they believe it will come, and by God, it does. 

Still - what can I do to solve it? There has to be something I can do… in the future… to solve this.

@Nahm 

I am not conscious of bringing in a past or a future. The tension is always there. I’m not thinking about anything that would cause me tension.

Could it be a subconscious resistance to something? 
I especially feel it when I’m trying to unwind and relax.