That I created.

Devil.

Edited by Gesundheit2

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

3 hours ago, The0Self said:

Just don't let it happen again.

xD

Once bitten, twice shy! 

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan

As someone who has successfully transcended the ego with the use of psychedelics, Adyashanti's video deeply offends me. >:(

I am going to write this guy a letter... a strongly worded letter. That'll show him! GAH!!

Why so serious?

You could mentally masturbate about all this.

Or you could smoke DMT.

Try both and see which gets you closer to God.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

The real problem is thinking that any old fool can chew some mushrooms and have a grand mystical awakening on the spot. That's such a comical perspective. Psychedelics are a tool - an instrument, and like any other tool, they need someone skilled in using them. You wouldn't expect to pick up the guitar for the first time in your life and immediately play like Satriani, so why do you expect picking up psychedelics without putting in the work and expecting any results?

If you want a great psychedelic experience, first meditate for 3 months straight like a crazy monk, and then take the psychedelic. If you want a confusing experience, take it in your normal, confused mind state.

It's really as simple as that, first learn how to play the instrument and then play it, and it will produce beautiful music. Will psychedelics ever enlighten you? No, the only one who will enlighten you is you. LOL. Don't you get it? You're the one taking the psychedelic to begin with, it doesn't consume itself. :D

10 minutes ago, impulse9 said:

Psychedelics are a tool - an instrument, and like any other tool, they need someone skilled in using them.

This.  Exactly this.  100% this.  Psychedelics are tools.  Having a wrench doesn't mean I can now fix my car.  I need to know how to use it first.

The danger of psychedelics isn't that they will physically injure you, but they can be abused and they can cause tremendous confusion if you don't have a pretty good idea of how to use the tool in the first place.  Just tripping out on DMT or LSD won't enlighten you.  It is such a mistake to think they can.  It is also a mistake to think that a drugged state of mind is any closer to reality than a sober state. 

11 hours ago, Waken said:

'well, I've seen a lot of people claiming benefitting from them, but I couldn't see it in them'

Yeah this is a seriously good point, I honestly don't care at all how "woke" one thinks they are, does their emotionally maturity reflect that? Do they actually live it? Because in most instances I've seen neither have been the case. Just the fact that one would get mad over someone saying they have their downsides only proves my point further. 

One can also get lost in state-chasing, never seeing the very source of all these states. 

11 hours ago, ZzzleepingBear said:

he seems exceptionally grounded and clear minded from what I've seen. And that can sometimes  be triggering to anyone with grandious and rigid ideas.

yep, it's almost the polar opposite of some of the behaviour I've seen in psychonauts, either in this forum or elsewhere. We need people like this in the spiritual community. 

It's like yes you're GOD but you're no more GOD then the piece of shit I made this morning LOL xD

1 hour ago, Ry4n said:

Yeah this is a seriously good point, I honestly don't care at all how "woke" one thinks they are, does their emotionally maturity reflect that? Do they actually live it? Because in most instances I've seen neither have been the case. Just the fact that one would get mad over someone saying they have their downsides only proves my point further. 

One can also get lost in state-chasing, never seeing the very source of all these states. 

yep, it's almost the polar opposite of some of the behaviour I've seen in psychonauts, either in this forum or elsewhere. We need people like this in the spiritual community. 

It's like yes you're GOD but you're no more GOD then the piece of shit I made this morning LOL xD

Yes, that groundeness is what most people need to explore from. But the irony of it all, Is that the more experience someone may be with a particular substance, the more egoic they often can become from their vivid experiences.

As Alan Watts famously said. "When you got the message, hang up the phone."

But how many are willing to do that really?

Also, how many tripps do one need inorder to become enlightened then10? 500? 1000? 10 000? I think it's to easy to get lost in belief that a drug will do it for you at some stage. Psychedelics may help to break your stubborn fundamental misconception about the material reality, but that is also the main message most people may need. If you tripp to much, then you probably are at a higher risk to replace your curent beliefs/delusions with even more trippy and confusing beliefs in the end.

3 minutes ago, ZzzleepingBear said:

But how many are willing to do that really?

People are willing to do it all too eagerly.

Psychedelic quitters.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I love Adya. But if one has no experience with Psychedelics he cannot assert opinion regarding them. He was even asked specifically if he used them, but averted from answering. Psychedelics are powerful for spiritual seekers because it helps to overcome the beliefs the one has regarding reality and that stop them from abiding in awakening. It empowers deeply the excavation of both existential and limiting beliefs that hinder our Consciousness and development as a person. This is not to say that regular practice such as meditation or contemplation is not required, on the contrary. Psychedelics just show you how much you need to adhere to your practice, because more surrender or transformation is needed. And of course, if one is spiritually oriented, than Psychedelic experience will make him more prone to Enlightenment.

But it is also impossible to deny the possibility of dangers to the human vehicle or the psyche of a person. Not enough research is available regarding this matters.

5 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Psychedelic quitters.

That may be so, but for a good reason I assume. If someone are scared from a bad tripp, then that sure require some sober contemplation, as in contrast to those who seems to tripp tirelessly to shase after the next big high.

2 hours ago, Ry4n said:

I honestly don't care at all how "woke" one thinks they are, does their emotionally maturity reflect that? Do they actually live it?

Exactly. 

2 hours ago, Ry4n said:

Just the fact that one would get mad over someone saying they have their downsides only proves my point further. 

Also an excellent point.

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan

14 minutes ago, Batman said:

I love Adya. But if one has no experience with Psychedelics he cannot assert opinion regarding them. He was even asked specifically if he used them, but averted from answering. Psychedelics are powerful for spiritual seekers because it helps to overcome the beliefs the one has regarding reality and that stop them from abiding in awakening. It empowers deeply the excavation of both existential and limiting beliefs that hinder our Consciousness and development as a person. This is not to say that regular practice such as meditation or contemplation is not required, on the contrary. Psychedelics just show you how much you need to adhere to your practice, because more surrender or transformation is needed. And of course, if one is spiritually oriented, than Psychedelic experience will make him more prone to Enlightenment.

But it is also impossible to deny the possibility of dangers to the human vehicle or the psyche of a person. Not enough research is available regarding this matters.

He actually spoke about this openly on Sam Harris' waking up app recently. He said he experimented with psychedelics when he was young, and that was partly what made him so interested in awakening. He also talked about how he recently took 5 grams of mushrooms. 

So his view have somewhat changed after the making of that video. We also have to keep in mind how taboo it was to talk about using paychedelics at the time when that video was made.

"Only that which can change can continue."

-James P. Carse

I don't really get this nitpicking and side picking people are doing.

Yes you can delude yourself, yes you can realize truth on them, yes you can search for the next big high, yes you can take them responsible as a tool in your practice or to heal and do deep work.

It does not need to be so black and white, it all depends on where you are in your development in your own psyche,  as it is with everything else in the world.

Psychedelics is an amazing thing and it is an awesome thing to atleast try once imo cause it can not be compared with other "drugs" I wouldnt use the label drug on a mushroom etc. 

I think a healthy mindset and an balanced "view" is necessary for a good way to use the medicine in a healthy and responsible way.

But as a matter of fact it is more important that you have your mind in check, atleast to a degree that you dont become dependent on psychedelics, this work is about freeing yourself up and realizing the true nature and not a constant search for a high, that is exactly a contradiction, spirituality is not about a high, and if it is assumed as such by people, they might need to reconsider and contemplate further. 

BUT peak experiences if one has them is certainly a awesome thing to experience, it can shake you to your core and it just shows the pure magic that conciousness and reality is.

It is unfathomable.

Thats why meditation is a perfect practice in combination with psychedelics from time to time if one feels it is necessary, if you dont want to use them, then don't :)

But psychedelics can and will reveal the truth to you about yourself and the world,  what kind of theories you come up with afterwards is 99% not the actual truth or "experience" one is refering too.

Language is a crude and sometimes even useless when it comes to speaking about the ineffable.

But that does not mean that the awakening was " a psychedelic induced " high.

As a matter of fact there is no such thing as a psychedelics in the absolutest sense.

Let thy speech be better then silence, or be silent.

- Pseudo-dionysius 

13 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Psychedelic quitters.

Quitting's not what I'm saying, but have you taken a break of more than 6 months following your 5meo retreat? (Although IMO even that's not enough).

One should not get cocky with their own sanity because this is exactly where said sanity drops away, all purely because of ego. 

No amount of spiritual work will change the fact that a substantial break is due for those who go especially hard with psychedelics. Time in this instance is the only means of progress. To think that more "spiritual work" can make this an exception would be absurdly egotistical (not that I'm saying you think that.) 

If not one's sanity then certainly a sense of dissociation can occur and you can see this in people's behaviour; they're disconnected from normal reality and don't have any concern for the wellbeing of others because they are the only being (or ego I should say) in existence. A zen devil in essence. 

13 minutes ago, Batman said:

I love Adya. But if one has no experience with Psychedelics he cannot assert opinion regarding them.

He has had experience with psychedelics, hasn't said they can't have use, just said the results he has seen hasn't been impressive. Which is fare enough. I see more spiritual ego as a result than anything else, even though I've gotten massive value from them personally. 

8 minutes ago, Adamq8 said:

But psychedelics can and will reveal the truth to you about yourself and the world,  what kind of theories you come up with afterwards is 99% not the actual truth or "experience" one is reffering too.

Extremely underrated point, all "direct experience" still involves a subsequent interpretation that is occurring within the realm of the ego-mind, thus suspect to delusion (delusions of grandeur, divine purpose, getting a big head about it all as if this makes one special, etc.) which is what makes meditation so crucial IME; it directly counters these risks through pure awareness alone. Metacognition cuts through a lot of the bullshit. 

28 minutes ago, TheAlchemist said:

He also talked about how he recently took 5 grams of mushrooms. 

So his view have somewhat changed after the making of that video.

I saw Sam talk about this recently but not Adya, do you have a link to that? Would be interesting. 

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Psychedelic quitters.

I am afraid to do psychedelics, to be honest. I'm afraid of Nihilism and meaninglesness.

"You have to be very careful about entering the realm of the Gods because you end up with a responsibility that might be more crushing than you can tolerate." - Jordan Peterson

Jordan Peterson "admitted" that he has done psilocybin Magic Mushrooms. Imagine tripping out with him... those conversations though.

Edited by Synnergy
Adding a word.

1 hour ago, Ry4n said:

I saw Sam talk about this recently but not Adya, do you have a link to that? Would be interesting. 

Towards the end of the Q&A part 2 with Adya. In the Waking Up app conversations

"Only that which can change can continue."

-James P. Carse

I believe in objects, because I am an object. Objects can save or damn me. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@mandyjw Did you know adyashanti claimed he had incredible suffering from aluminum in his deodorant, years after his enlightenment?

An object dammed him and he's enlightened.