Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Raptorsin7

Adyashanti Claims Irreversible Effects From Psychedelic's

81 posts in this topic

Jed McKenna makes the exact same argument, except that he applies it to spiritual teachers. He criticizes the effectiveness of the teachings and the capabilities of the teachers.

He says that virtually no teachers, organizations, or institutions have been able to achieve a good number of enlightenment cases. All that they provide is teachings and promises, but rarely anyone gets enlightened, if any at all.

That kinda makes Adya's argument stale.

But I still side with him against psychedelics. Because with the classic path, you aren't likely fool yourself that you got enlightened. With psychedelics, however, delusions seem a lot more prevalent.

Edited by Gesundheit2

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

@Raptorsin7 I didn't rewatch the video, but watched it I think recently. One point that resonated that he was asked if psychedelics could benefit people and he said something like 'well, I've seen a lot of people claiming benefitting from them, but I couldn't see it in them'. Not saying that they can't be used to a great extent, but I think there can be a lot of truth to what he said nonetheless, in that people may think that they are really getting somewhere, where actually they aren't that much better of.
Is something really irreversible? Like irreversible damage? Doubt that quite a bit, I think according to Bashar (from a time based perspective) the body can fully heal itself, which resonates more with me.

Edited by Waken

Adyashanti didn't make any controversial claim in this vid at all. All he said was, that he wasn't persuaded by most of those who had taken something to boost their own spiritual progress. He also didn't deny the potential usefulness aid that a drug can be.

I have not listened to much of Adyashantis talks, but he seems exceptionally grounded and clear minded from what I've seen. And that can sometimes  be triggering to anyone with grandious and rigid ideas.

Apples are the real deal, they revealed my true nature of lovingkindness, and anyone who disagree’s or says otherwise is a delusional asshole. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm Sometimes I don't know what perspective is true and to take anymore. It's good to have your stuff as a reference point once in awhile.

Edited by Windappreciator

2 minutes ago, Nahm said:

Apples are the real deal, they revealed my true nature of lovingkindness, and anyone who disagree’s or says otherwise is a delusional asshole. 

You'll never get to top states without pears, you're just fooling and deluding yourself with your apples. Look at the shape of an apple, it's such a simplistic shape. It's ridiculous. Now go buy some pears or just please stop rehearsing this same old nonsense

Just now, Nahm said:

@Windappreciator ? 

@Waken You go shove a few bananas up your ass and then we’ll talk about which one of us is more enlightened. 

That’s cheating. Bananas are too easy. Apples or go home.

2 minutes ago, ZzzleepingBear said:

@Waken @Nahm @The0Self Guys guys, this is not a fruitful pursuit.. ;-)

Ah yes! It is a fruitless endeavor after all... Isn't it? We must learn the way of the potato instead.

@Nahm Man, I've put a banana so far up my ass right now that you won't even know it's there. If you don't do it like that you're always going to be a delusional fool talking about petty bullshit

@The0Self okay I'll buy me some apples

2 hours ago, Raptorsin7 said:

Just another dharma teacher with countless students with 0 direct experience of what he's actually talking about claiming that psychidelics can cause irreparable negative effects on a person.

I was never a big fan of his teaching style but this is just pathetic imo.

Enlightenment will never happen with psychedelics, because psychedelics are based on experiences, feeling, insights and perception. However, experiencing, feelings, insights and perception has nothing to with enlightenment. Because you have no such a thing as body to feel, see, having an insight or to experience. If you think that there is a body and whatever you eat or sniff that makes you enlightened, you aint even close.

Edited by James12345

Child’s play. I’ve discovered a fruit so potent in obliterating the ego and bringing joy & peace to humanity that I can’t even share it with you. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

20 minutes ago, The0Self said:

Ah yes! It is a fruitless endeavor after all... Isn't it? We must learn the way of the potato instead.

Exactly, it has to be baked potato. And a word sallad as a side dish

I'll be honest, when I opened the thread I didn't see the discussion going in the direction of fruit-based sodomy. 

Which, on reflection, was clearly a major oversight on my part.

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan

17 minutes ago, RickyFitts said:

I'll be honest, when I opened the thread I didn't see the discussion going in the direction of fruit-based sodomy. 

Which, on reflection, was clearly a major oversight on my part.

Just don't let it happen again.

xD

"Hold up the sandal as he has commanded us!" - "IT'S A SHOE!! IT'S A SHOE!!"

Why so serious?

True and not true. Depens on ths courage of each individual. 

Singer

14™