Azrael

5-meo-dmt | Trip Report #3: On Being God

125 posts in this topic

How many trips do you think will be necessary to make you completely established in the nature of the self 24/7?

Also, do you feel that you have attained? That there is nothing to discover anymore?

8 hours ago, Acharya said:

How many trips do you think will be necessary to make you completely established in the nature of the self 24/7?

Also, do you feel that you have attained? That there is nothing to discover anymore?

I guess 10-15 breakthrough-trips. But this will take a year at least if not two. After my first breakthrough I had and still have to integrate the experience, it's that big. It's completely nuts. But great.

I haven't attained anything. I have lost everything.

They want reality, so I give 'em a fatal dosage.

So a moment should arrive in which 5-meo will have no effect on your status of consciousness, right?

9 hours ago, Acharya said:

So a moment should arrive in which 5-meo will have no effect on your status of consciousness, right?

You'll probably always feel something when you do it, but yeah I'd guess that if you enlightened yourself through MeO there will be a time at which it won't affect you that much anymore. But of course, if you go nuts and do like 100mg you'll probably just black out. :D

Maybe it will just affect the body and not consciousness.

Enlighetened sages often said that every samadhi experience that is brought through chemical change of the body is not to be considered as enlightenment.

I am riminded of an episode in Maharshi's life: someone brought him marijuana, he took it into his system and people around witnessed that it had no effect on him. A lot of episodes are known about other yogis doing such things.

Edited by Acharya

@Azrael This so amazing man! Thank you for such detailed reports. I've read all of them starting from the mushrooms trip.   I live in Vancouver, by the way. Let me know when you come here, I would be very happy to meet.

Don't try to become a Buddha. Just be yourself. That is the Buddha.

Bliss out to LeakyBliss ? ➡ https://bit.ly/2Ld2QOC

8 hours ago, Valentin said:

@Azrael This so amazing man! Thank you for such detailed reports. I've read all of them starting from the mushrooms trip.   I live in Vancouver, by the way. Let me know when you come here, I would be very happy to meet.

Hey man thanks, thats nice. Yeah, I'm actually planning to visit Vancouver in the next summer for two weeks to see whether it's worth moving there after my studies (that's my plan right now). So I'll let you know!

Thanks for charing Azrael!

After a l.o.t of work i finally received my Meo today. Just looking at this stuff made me shake. I will have to deal with many logistic issues before i can actually take this substance. After receiving the stuff today at 1 pm the police contacted me twice (!!) on the phone in two different matters that had nothing to do with 5meo (or me!) Amazing - have not been contacted by the police for 20 years (i am 40 now - it is outlawed in sweden were i live, witch i felt like a small, very small matter in this context, but weird.

Thanks again! For confirming (once again) that i am on the right track with this substance!

I still find it quite interesting how people can be so sure that they are experiencing the real deal here. This is suspicious because it is chemicals. You put a lot at risk to take this trip, but what makes you so sure it is not just a trip? Maybe your brain is just fucked up on chemicals and you delude yourself? I have never ever seen a Yogi or master who says that 5 meo dmt will give you a glimpse of enlightenment, or reality. In fact before Leo brought it up and havn't even known anyone taking it for that purpose. Certainly no big gurus.

Isn't this just another belief, a delusion? You take that stuff, you trip some weird shit and then you think you got it figured out, you think you saw the truth? What if that was only chamical illusion, what if that was part of the ego? Mere beliefs, but the certainty with which they are taken here amuse me.

Here's my key; Philosophy. A freak like me just needs Infinity.

Old Soul

The truth (as Leo said somewhere ;) ) is a diamond that sticks out of the sand. it is not something to argue about, it is something that can be "proved" in conventional terms (boring terms :) ) but can be experienced. I still do not know what ultimate truth is but i have been able to recognise truth lately - which is very satisfying. I can now recognise the same truth in the talks of Jesus as in a pop-video from the 80`s (or from the 50´s or from 2017). The truth is subtle, very subtle.

A good sign that truth is around is that there is joy, Joy is truth, and true joy can not be faked. If you develop the art of recognise true joy you are halfway there. (If you want to go anywhere ;) )

dess

2 hours ago, Old Soul said:

I still find it quite interesting how people can be so sure that they are experiencing the real deal here. This is suspicious because it is chemicals. You put a lot at risk to take this trip, but what makes you so sure it is not just a trip? Maybe your brain is just fucked up on chemicals and you delude yourself? I have never ever seen a Yogi or master who says that 5 meo dmt will give you a glimpse of enlightenment, or reality. In fact before Leo brought it up and havn't even known anyone taking it for that purpose. Certainly no big gurus.

Isn't this just another belief, a delusion? You take that stuff, you trip some weird shit and then you think you got it figured out, you think you saw the truth? What if that was only chamical illusion, what if that was part of the ego? Mere beliefs, but the certainty with which they are taken here amuse me.

No "big gurus" have heard of this substance!

2 hours ago, Old Soul said:

@Azrael Let me know when you arrive in Vancouver, I live rurally, on the coast, not far away, I'd love to hear more in person... if you are able to share your integration insights. Thanks.

7 hours ago, Old Soul said:

I still find it quite interesting how people can be so sure that they are experiencing the real deal here. This is suspicious because it is chemicals.

Yeah, that's true. You gotta be very careful not delude yourself with any of this stuff: meditation, self-observation, psychedelics. The fact is, you are self-deluding yourself most of the time for ego-purposes. That's the whole problem.

With 5-MeO you very quickly feel that it has an qualitative different effect then any drug you've taken before. First of all, it feels clean and endogenous, well that's probably because it's produced in your brain. But normal DMT also has this effect. Furthermore, the MeO experience doesn't add something to your experience as all the other drugs do, it gets rid of something. And this is the critical point and also the point that is so overwhelming and strange. It just gets rid of you. And when you have this for the first time and can see it clearly that there is no you and that you are infinite, there is no doubt.

Especially interesting is how you "the ego" slowly come back after the experience. It's very sneaky. I can't of convey in words that I am right or that this is so, you just have to try it for yourself if you wanna find it out and see it for yourself.

@Azrael @Vanish  Thanks for your replies. I guess there is no other way than to try and see it for yourself, just with any other belief. Also I agree that I may even delude myself with everything else too, like meditation. Good point.

I think Azrael's description above is very good. I like the discussion around here! I'd just like to add something regarding risk:

18 hours ago, Old Soul said:

You put a lot at risk to take this trip, but what makes you so sure it is not just a trip?

What risks are you concerned with?

In my opinion taking 5-MeO-DMT isn't too risky. It's not to be treated lightly, but in terms of concrete risks, there's not much to worry about. I'm not pressuring you into taking it at all, no one should take it if they're uncomfortable with it.  But I do want to make sure the facts are out there on the safety of this substance, so that people aren't being scared away for false reasons. There are so many misconceptions around the safety of psychedelics in general. A lot of this comes from plain old lies and exaggerations that we were taught in the "just say no" campaigns etc.

The important thing with 5-MeO-DMT and any psychedelic is to start with a really low dose, and work your way up with it so that you can observe how it affects you step by step. This is also a good way to build confidence with it and see if there are any risks.

I've never heard of people having health problems from 5-MeO-DMT. However if you have a heart condition, or mental health condition like schizophrenia, it would be best to away from it.

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

@outlandish Don't worry I won't take it. Just trying to do some research and expand my knowledge in general as much as I can. Yeah I know, direct experience is trump but sometimes you just gotta take what you can. Like reading books and watching videos and learning from what others have to say.

Thanks for clearing that risk thing up.

21 hours ago, Old Soul said:

@old soul, i dont know how deep you are willing to go on this enlightenment jazz, but the idea behind it is that real and unreal dont exist there is just experience, there is no physical world and matter doesnt exist. so a dream you had lastnight is just as '' real '' as your waking experience, because they are both just made out of the experience of them, the same would apply for tripping on drugs. 

2 minutes ago, bobbyward said:

@old soul, i dont know how deep you are willing to go on this enlightenment jazz, but the idea behind it is that real and unreal dont exist there is just experience, there is no physical world and matter doesnt exist. so a dream you had lastnight is just as '' real '' as your waking experience, because they are both just made out of the experience of them, the same would apply for tripping on drugs. 

So you are not really concerned with enlightenment? I pick up the energy from your post (by reading the word jazz) that you aren't that exited about it. What is your view on things? Shouldn't we bother with it?